Paul O'Brien signs with agent in LA

Guest Mistified

I've never thought he was a particularly good actor [ducks for cover] but maybe it was his storylines on HAA. I hope that he does well in LA, he has the sort of 'boy next door' good looks that should help him along the way.

Me neither, I'd go as far as to say he is one of the worst actors they have had in ages, He got by on looks. Sorry to say, I think that won't get him far in LA where there are younger and hotter and far better actors queueing up for parts. I wish the guy well though.

^ I am a Jack fan, and a Paul fan in so far as I can see he is a lovely guy who is appreciative of his fans, but I can see he's not always consistent as an actor. He was never challenged all that often on H&A and recently I've been watching some of his more challenging storylines.

One was when he was in the wheelchair. I feel he did convey the true desperation and frustration of the situation, so credit where credit's due. Another was the Sam reveal where I found him to be well below par. He just didn't seem comfortable with the character in those scenes.

Thirdly in the scenes around the day of Sam's funeral and him wanting to reconcile with Martha I thought he was very good. It was his comical and loving scenes and his getting tough with people as a copper that he was always at his best though and they saw the most consistent acting from him too.

Archived