BTTB Scriptwriting Comp - Q&A

Guest Dan F

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I enter, can everyone on here see what I have written or just the people judging it?

Just the people who judge it.

However, if it's good, BTTB will publish it :P

Ooh Thanks.

I think I am going to enter :D

Me to :D

God im nervous about it I will give my best :D

Bearing in mind that this thread is specifically for asking questions about writing in general and not about Home and Away specifically, I'd like to ask the following....

One of the things I struggle most with when it comes to writing is editing - I get into a flow of dialogue and although it doesn't constitute exposition, feedback I've received before would indicate that scenes I write are too long. How does one go about selecting "the best of" the dialogue in order to get a succinct but still emotionally deep scene?

OK, this may seem like a silly question, as I sort of think I know the answer but would like to understand better. When I have seen interviews with cast members they have mentioned the big print in the script, and Coral has mentioned it in her guide, but what exactly is it, when do you use it, and how much is too much or too little?

A few good questions in here now!

We will be closing questions on Friday 27th February - that's less that a week away!

So those who are thinking of entering but are still unsure about things, don't pass on this rare opportunity to pick the brains of one of Australia's most respected scriptwriters!

Archived