Stimulus Package

Guest emmasi

So Ruddy has pushed the stimulus package through. What is it, $900 per family? To spend on whatever we like, just as long as we keep industries moving? I say "we" but I doubt I'll be seeing any money, and I'm guessing that most people under 25 - which is most of the people here - won't see it either. But what is everyone else planning to do with the money? And what would the rest of you do if someone gave you $900 to play with? I'd probably put most of it in the bank, but that really goes against the whole point of the stimulus. So... I don't know. DVDs maybe :huh:? Hm, maybe there's a reason they don't give people like me free money lol.

I thought it was for each person who earned between $10000 - $80000. And I was told it was $950? :unsure:

Anyways, from what I've been told, together my husband and I will be getting about just under $3000. And it will be all going on bills and getting my car fixed up so I can sell it. Chances are none of it will get saved. It happens when you have kids.

its suppose to stimulate the economy by inticing us to spend in the retail industry

wel...

we buy our clothes that are made in china

we by our cars that is made in japan or europe

we buy our oil that is mined from the saudis

most food products are imported

Australian companies are being bought by the Asians

and half our jobs are shipped overseas

Who's economy is it stimulating again???

its suppose to stimulate the economy by inticing us to spend in the retail industry

wel...

we buy our clothes that are made in china

we by our cars that is made in japan or europe

we buy our oil that is mined from the saudis

most food products are imported

Australian companies are being bought by the Asians

and half our jobs are shipped overseas

Who's economy is it stimulating again???

That's true, but lot's of people do have jobs right now and they won't be able to keep them if people don't spend money to keep them employed. I got my hair cut the other week, and it cost me $20. My friend implied that it was a waste of money cause I didn't get much off, but I thought if I can help keep a nice hairdresser employed - and they were nice people - then I don't mind paying. If I had $900 I could get many haircuts!!

I don't think pensioners are getting it which sucks.Hello K Rudd,if we aren't low income earners who is?!

I'm on DSP not the dole, so don't give me that get a job line either.Not as easy as it sounds.People are saying it will mostly go on booze and in the pokies which i think is insulting.Just because we are't rich or may live in western Sydney doesn't make us alcohlics and druggies,etc.I did get the one given out in december and most of it's still in the bank so i'm not sure it'll have the desired effect.Most people will be saving it for essentials like bills.

It's a good idea. Not what like our government are doing, which is absolutely nothing that benefits the people of the state...

They're borrowing €4000 per person per day. Obviously, none of us will see any of that. Most of it will probably go into politician's pockets. :rolleyes:

So, what would I do if I received €560/A$900? I'd most likely spend it in the small businesses as they're the ones who'll suffer the most in an economic downturn. I'm trying not to shop in the huge chains as they have enough money as it is, and they're taking advantage of the recession by laying people off even when they're making money. <_< Small businesses are the ones that keep this country running, we need to stop spending our money in huge multinational businesses where the money goes overseas, and spend it in the indigenous stores and outlets to help save our own economy.

[/lecture] :D

Archived