Love

Guest laura549

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's been a long long time! but after all the lovely comments I decided to write a new chapter. :) Sorry its so short! I feel like I have no idea what I'm writing. They should get back together on the show fast! :rolleyes: maybe my inspiration will come back then!

Chapter 11

School holidays had come to an end and while Nicole was having breakfast, she was more nervous than ever. Not because she was starting her senior year today, but this was the day she had been avoiding for months. After her outburst at Irene’s party, she had not seen Geoff for the rest of the holidays. Well, that wasn’t exactly the whole truth.. she had seen him lots, but avoided him and it seemed like he was doing the same thing.

Then there was her dad and Aden. They had been asking her questions about her time in the city, about Geoff and about the guy she fell in love with. All questions she didn’t know how to answer, because she didn’t know the answer herself. She knew they were worried and that they cared about her, but at the same time she had never felt more alone in her life. She had nobody who she could trust, nobody who she could tell about her horrible experience. And even if she did, she didn’t know if she was able to talk about it. She needed to go on with her life, forget and make a fresh start, but somehow she just hadn’t the courage to do it.

She stood by her locker when he walked up to her.

“Hi”, he said, trying to be cool.

“Hey”, she said quietly, not being quite sure how to behave.

“How are you? I mean, I haven’t seen you around during the holidays”, he said.

“No, I’m good, I just had a lot of stuff on my mind”, she smiled awkwardly.

Both of them felt awkward and they both felt the tension that rose between them, until Geoff finally asked what he wanted to ask her since the day she came back from the city.

“Nicole..”, he began “don’t you think we need to talk? You know, about us?” he asked cautiously.

She was surprised by his request, but he was right, they needed to talk. She needed to talk to him.

“yeah, you’re right”, she answered.

“Okay, I’ll meet you at the diner after school?”, he asked with a smile on his face.

“I’ll be there” she smiled back at him, but inside she was afraid of the conversation they would be having.

“Nicole”, Roman said as he saw his daughter enter the diner “How was school?”, he asked.

“Yeah it was fine”, she said.

“Fine? This is your senior year! You should enjoy it!”, he laughed, but when she didn’t respond he decided it would be better to shut up. “Okay, what can I get you?” he asked.

“Nothing, I’m meeting a friend”, she said.

“What friend?”, Roman asked curiously.

“Nicole”, Geoff said as he walked up to her. “Hi Roman”, he added.

“Geoff”, Roman said while looking surprised at Nicole.

“Can we go somewhere else?”, Nicole asked Geoff.

“yeah, sure” he said and followed her to the beach.

As they sat on the beach together in silence, neither of them knew where to start. Geoff had so many questions and it was about time he got his answers.

“Why did you leave so suddenly?”, he began.

“I had to”, she answered simply.

“But why? I mean, you could have told me that you were going or at least say goodbye!”

“We broke up Geoff, I needed some time alone. I wouldn’t be able to cope with it if I saw you everyday at school or at the diner”

“But we didn’t break up! We were taking a break”, he started to get mad.

“Geoff, you have a new girlfriend! I think that proves we broke up!”

“Well, you left without saying a word to me. What was I supposed to do? Wait and hope that someday you would come back to me? And besides, you dated someone else in the city too if I remember correctly?”, he said as he thought back at Irene’s party.

“Geoff…”, she started

“You said it yourself”, he said

“Okay, maybe I did, but it doesn’t matter anymore, we’re not together”, she said calmly.

“Then why did you come back?”, he asked seriously while looking into her blue eyes.

“This is my home”, she smiled weakly.

“But why now? You..”

“Geoff I don’t want to talk about it okay!”, she yelled at him in annoyance.

“Okay, sorry”, he said confused.

They sat on the beach, in complete silence for a while until Nicole finally broke the silence.

“I should never have left in the first place”, Nicole said suddenly. “And I am sorry that I left without saying something”, she said while turning her head and looking in his eyes. “It was a bad decision and if I had to do it all over again, I would handle things differently, trust me”, she said and looked back into the ocean.

There was something about the way she said it or the way she looked at him. Geoff could see the pain in her eyes, but he wasn’t quite sure if the conversation was about them anymore.

“I did miss you”, he said quietly after another silence. “a lot actually”, he added.

She was surprised at his sudden confession, but realised she felt the same way.

“I missed you too”, she smiled, but when Geoff hugged her, the smile faded away and was replaced by tears in her eyes.

Archived