Customer Complaints

Guest adellejefferiesxox

Hi everybody, well I have been working all day today. And I had one extremly rude customer today, she called me a b*ch because I wasn't fast enough, and she thought I was being rude to her, which I wasnt! So it got me thinking, has anyone out there got any stories to tell?? about rude, abusive, frustrated customers they have served. There was so much pressure today at work, it was soooooooo busy that I cracked a balled my eyes out LOL. but yeah, please share my pain, and tell all!

<_< damn customers.

i've cracked it at work before, got myself the rest of the day off too :]

but i've devised a plan, the more annoyed at you the customer gets, the happier you are. It works a treat, because the happier you are, the more annoyed they get :) so you stay happy, they leave pissed off :P

but the other day was the best, i work in a food court, this snooty lady came up, ordered, paid, blah blah, i went to give her her change, and i get

"NO! I gave you a fifty dollar note! <_< this is change for a twenty"

happily i replied, you know, sorry but i'm sure it was a twenty or whatever, (i can't remember word for word)

and again, i get the yelling, 'just went to the bank blah blah' i'd givin up so i went to give her the change to get rid of her and there's no fifties in the till, so i go over to explain and my boss comes over and in her very very strong Chinese accent, goes off her nut yelling at her, "Are you trying to steal from me! THERES NO FIFTIES IN THE TILL! you've got your lunch and change now. OKAY!?" then huffs off.

'twas hilarious. i love my boss :)

My supervisor this weekend at the Seven's said to me after I got back from my Break, your late and..... I really don't like your attitude. It's funny because the whole 2 days the people whose Corporate Box I was looking after, just couldn't stop saying nice stuff about me. :)

Bosses are weird people, especially those that are Female <_<

damn customers.

i've cracked it at work before, got myself the rest of the day off too :]

but i've devised a plan, the more annoyed at you the customer gets, the happier you are. It works a treat, because the happier you are, the more annoyed they get so you stay happy, they leave pissed off

but the other day was the best, i work in a food court, this snooty lady came up, ordered, paid, blah blah, i went to give her her change, and i get

"NO! I gave you a fifty dollar note! this is change for a twenty"

happily i replied, you know, sorry but i'm sure it was a twenty or whatever, (i can't remember word for word)

and again, i get the yelling, 'just went to the bank blah blah' i'd givin up so i went to give her the change to get rid of her and there's no fifties in the till, so i go over to explain and my boss comes over and in her very very strong Chinese accent, goes off her nut yelling at her, "Are you trying to steal from me! THERES NO FIFTIES IN THE TILL! you've got your lunch and change now. OKAY!?" then huffs off.

'twas hilarious. i love my boss

God, some people.... they dont have any brains do they. I dont think acting happy will make me feel better... I'll try next time though....

Any other experiences.... tips for handling rude customers??

Customers complain because of lousy service. Staff often bring there personal problems to work and then take it out on the customers. They keep customers waiting in line. If you ask a question about what they are selling they know nothing.

Teenagers are the worse. They are often talking to there friends or to slow to serve. I went to a shop to get a drink. THere where 5 customers and it took me half an hour to get served. This was a carvery in a shopping centre.

So no wonder yous all have to put up with irate customers. There is no customer service.

Excuse me! But I am a teenager, and I am a hard worker. Yes some may slack off. But I was not slacking off or talking to friends. I was by myself serving 20 or more customers. I was doing my job and I'm only new and Yes I may not know everything about the business but I knew my duty. I didnt deserve to be treated the way I was.

I have to deal with horrible customers all the time, as I'm a manager where I work. However there are some really nice ones out there as well.

When people have a dispute over change or not getting their items I always say that we need to check the camera's to verify - suprisingly they tend to not worry after that... :P I try to take the "I understand and we will look to resolve that problem" approach and just lend an ear to listen, as I find that most customers are just frustrated and want to vent. A lot of the time I make out like, "oh I can't really do that, but I'll do it just for you!" Thereby making the customer feel "special". It's a bit easier for me though because I'm the last resort for any problems, so basically what I say goes... so they have to live with it... unless they come back and speak to my boss! Haven't had any complaints so far though!

Sometimes I have my days where I need to vent to the customers though...

Once a guy went completely nuts (and I mean NUTS) because one of our DVD sections hadn't been alphabetised down to the last letter. I was like, "That would be impossible. It's Christmas, there are hundreds of customers browsing through here and we've been incredibly short staffed. I've been here for 17 hours straight - which I'm not being paid for. The que's are literally a mile long of people waiting to be served. But if you like I can stay another five hours and alphabatise these for you, and then stay another five hours to make sure no other customers mess it up..."

The guy was kinda shocked I had spoken to him like that (being at work 17 hours does that to people) and he apologised to me and said he was just frustrated he couldn't find the DVD he was looking for. When I walked past a little later on I saw the guy tidying up in that section!

I would say the worst experience I had was when we had a young guy returning his car stereo - but it wasn't just him, it was twelve of his mates as well. They had argued with the person at the service desk and really freaked her out. When I got there his friends were really yelling at her and abusing her. the thing was the guy who was returning the thing - hardly said anything - it was everyone else doing all the talking. When we said we wouldn't tolerate that his mates literally formed a circle around the desk and threatened the both of us and if we didn't give them the money they would trash the store. I was honestly scared they were going to pull out guns or baseball bats or something. Luckily we were saved by the security guard who very calmly told them to leave or else... they argued with him and me, but they eventually left...

I have hundreds of stories... people are always complaining about something... but treat people how you would like to be treated if you were a customer and you really can't go wrong.

This is actually a positive experience - as some of you know, I went to see Mark Furze play a gig last Thursday. We'd checked his gig schedule with the pub website, and all was in line - however when we got to the pub, found out that it was two random guys playing, and not Mark at all.

Went up to the barwoman, and she said, oh yeah no he's playing Tuesday night now.

Five of us had gone to the bar to see Mark specifically, and it had taken me an hour to get there, and the others 45 mins, so we were very disappointed! Got home, and I emailed the contact email on their website, expressing my disappointment at the website not being up to date - mentioned how long it took us to get in - and that perhaps they should update the website so no other fans are disappointed. This was sent approx 11.30pm.

At 8.30am next morning, I got an email from him, saying they'd had website technical difficulties, but that yes, Mark now plays Tuesday nights. He said that if we would go down next Tuesday, he would arrange a $20 bar tab for us - I thought this was lovely; I totally wasn't expecting it! So, I emailed back today, and said thanks for the speedy response, and yes we would really appreciate that etc. And then he emailed back saying no problem, told us how to collect on it - and then said, I'll also arrange for an introduction to Mark for ye, if you want.

I mean, hello like - what an absolutely fantastic manager! :) I'm very happy with him now xD

Have got another story though, about absolutely LOUSY customer service; I'll write that up tomorrow.

Adia; your story sounds really scary about the guy with the stereo! Dealing with people can be so hard / tough . terrifying sometimes!

Archived