Shipwrecked 2009

Guest Miranda

After watching the repeat of last Sunday's episode today I have a new-found love for Liam. He always annoyed me before, with his arrogance, and when he spent time with Sonny especially. But the fact that he was clearly becoming depressed, and had isolated himself from the others, and was being neglected, made me feel very sorry for him. Then when he got all emotional it was actually very endearing, even though I had seen a preview of that moment, and thought "stop crying you big wuss". Now he's my favourite guy on the show. It used to be Xanthi, but he has acted like a complete idiot for the past few weeks, and I don't like the side of him we have seen. He needs to get a room with Mackenzie. I know he ends up with Dan, but if Mackenzie were gay, I reckon Xanthi would be with him.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn’t sure what to make of Maz when she received a letter from her ex boyfriend wanting to give things another go and she decided to end her romance (or just remain friends) with Greg. I loved the final twist at the end where although the Sharks won the team effort, the Tigers ultimately had to decide who the winner was. Part of me was hoping they would choose Nadeja as she was one of the people who deserved it least and it would have made interesting viewing (Funny how she believed she’d changed for the better and although we didn’t really see her argue with anyone recently, I wonder if that was because they simply didn’t show it rather than it didn’t happen). Beyond her I actually would have preferred to see the prize money go to Mackenzie. As an original Sharker I felt he was almost the heart and soul of the team. Maybe they decided to give the money to Greg because he was an ex Tiger. I have to say though I loved Mark’s reaction when they announced who the winner was having a mini rant about the Tigers finally getting one over on them. (Does anyone else think that he looks like Tiegan? Click). He had his shopping list planned and everything. Had to shake my head on that because someone was obviously going to miss out and to be honest, I thought he was very critical of people in general which was not a very good quality, so I’m glad he didn’t win. Interesting how Liam thought Greg was game playing then when he went to Sharks and spoke to him, he changed his opinion (despite being on their Island for two weeks). I know he said he wanted a share of the prize money to help his mother out with her financial difficulties but I thought he did the right thing picking the Tigers in the end. Just think had he chosen the Sharks then all that cash might have been his.

I'm not surprised Greg got the money as they all seemed to love him. I didn't see enough of his character to judge really.

Re: Greg and Maz. Didn't they have a kind of wedding ceremony the other week presided over by Doug? So how come they both insisted they were always 'just good friends'? :huh:

^^ I think the wedding ceremony was just for a bit of fun. It doesnt have too mean they were any more than just good friends.

I wanted the Tigers to win. :(

Im pleased Greg won the money as he was a decent enough guy. But I thought that Nadejah had made the biggest changes since being on the Island, so I would have liked it if she won she deserved too.

Marks reaction was funny. He was gutted that he didnt win. :lol:

I would of liked to see the Tigers win but well done Sharks.

Greg was an excellent choice for who the money should of went to. When they were suggesting who should get the money I was shocked that Najejah's name was even brought up. From her screen time I have found her to be rude and agressive. I think Doug was a good suggestion, although we have not seen much of him, the clips that we were shown of him were postive. I didn't like it when a couple of them said they wouldn't want him to get the money because they did not want to see the money go to church. At the end of the day it would be his money so he would of had the right to do what he wanted with it. They should of voted for personality and individuality. I think they were pretty selfish and un-respectful for saying that.

If the Tigers had won, I would of liked Liam to get the money. He was my best shipwrecker this year and he had very good reasons as to why he wanted the money. I am glad he remained loyal to the Tigers at the end.

Alot of Shipwrecked is staged, you can tell by the things they do and what is said.

Archived