Shipwrecked 2009

Guest Miranda

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad Liam's stupid plans to persuade Maz [?] to stay didn't work :lol: I also loved it when he said 'I've been celibate for four months' and she said 'what, out of choice, or-' and he said 'of course out of choice!' He thinks he's so irresistible! :angry::lol:

Love:

Xanthi :wub:

Holly

Hermione

Maz

Boring:

MacKenzie

Rosie

Soodi

Hate:

Nadejah

Liam

Sonny

Andrew

Mark

I think I've covered everyone there. Can't remember the new arrivals' names, but I don't like the look of either of them. Yet another 'ladies man' :rolleyes:, and some annoying political activist-type.

I love Holly and Hermione for being intelligent, but humble about it, unlike that awful Andrew. He seems to revel in people disliking him, and looks down on everyone, he's disgusting. Maz is just generally likeable, and Xanthi is extremely cute, but not a typical hunk like Liam. As for Liam, he has a nice body, but his face is a massive let-down. I can't believe he thinks he's so gorgeous he could easily coax Maz over to the Tigers. He is so deluded over his self-image. His mate Sonny is as well - he's such a minger, but he thinks he's drop-dead gorgeous. Nadejah is vile, although she wasn't so bad this week, but give her time, she'll be as bad again if not worse. Mark is extremely annoying, I couldn't spend more than five minutes with him. The rest make me fall asleep they're so boring.

Andrew really reminds me of Jon Tickle, from a Big Brother series a while ago i.e. a know it all geek type who waffles on and on, forgetting that people have stopped listening.

I don't mind Sonny, I think he is quite tongue in cheek about himself, not serious. I suppose I know so many people like him that I don't really notice him. Whereas Liam reminds me of that actor, Steven Seagal. Well, when I say actor, I mean martial arts person in films :lol: Mackenzie really loves himself too.

I think I'd get on best with Holly and Hermione, they are similar to me in character. I like Maz, she seems down to earth, and Rosie isn't such an airhead as I first thought.

The new arrival girl made me laugh- she said something like 'I'm an anarchist and I've worked with French communists'. Isn't an anarchist the opposite of a communist? :lol:

I said I wasn’t going to watch it this year but yesterday was the first episode I saw and wow there’s action already. One thing I’ve learnt from watching previous years is if someone says they’re definitely joining your camp do not always assume that this is the case and I was waiting for them to do another Richie. Although admittedly the new arrivals did stick to their word. I was a bit surprised they were prepared to sabotage the Tiger’s possessions like that because it was way too early and I thought it was a bit disrespectful. Initially I didn’t like the Tigers for stealing the nails from the Sharks but they conducted themselves very well. A lot of the other teams in the past would not have taken it on the chin like that. From a gameplayer perspective tactically perfect. The male new arrival (forgotten his name) reminds me a bit of Stevie from a couple of years ago if anyone remembers him. I think I probably will continue watching it now.

I think Maz is a sensible girl who seems to know what to do about things. It was her who told the Tigers to take it on the chin, and not whinge. I wonder how the eventual winner is decided- the islanders voting? The public voting? If it is decided on who has the best character, I think Maz would be in with a good chance.

• 3 weeks later...

I knew that once Greg went over to the Sharks and spent a week with Maz he wouldn’t want to come back regardless of how things were with Hermione. It’s interesting how the producers can make things look within a one hour episode. The impression they gave was that Soodi switched over the Tigers because she really bonded with the new arrival whereas Maz hinted at the end that some of the members of the sharks could have grown very tired of her (she certainly was). As we saw from next weeks preview, it looks as though things won’t be plain sailing over on Tiger Island either.

I’ve had a look though other forums and I think to say that the general consensus is that people don’t really like Nadejah would be putting it mildly…

I really disliked Nadejah at first, but she seems to have faded into the background a bit now. I think that's because the new arrivals or any possible romances get so much attention from the editors. Nadejah might be a nightmare 24/7 but they're not showing it. Another interesting part of the editing is that we never really got to see just why Soodi was unhappy on Shark Island, or why the other castaways, particularly Maz, didn't seem to get along with her. I always got the impression Soodi was quite popular.

I love Greg, and I'm really glad he went to Sharks, especially if things go somewhere with him and Maz, but I just hope he doesn't get a massive ego because of all the girls fawning over him, and all the guys thinking he's so amazing. The voice-over guy was right when he said Greg is the most popular guy on both islands. Poor Hermione, now she's stuck with Tom, and he's awful!

Markus is extremely hot, and definitely a rival for Greg in the hotness stakes, but my heart still belongs to Xanthi :wub:! I wonder if anything will ever happen between him and Dan. Xanthi said he wasn't interested when Dan first arrived, but I've heard rumours about a romance between them. I'm pleasantly surprised by how lovely Doug is, I thought he might be a really preachy Christian, but he's actually quite liberal, which is nice. He has respect for people, and therefore they respect him.

I wasn't sure before, but now I know I'm definitely a Shark. Even though Hollie (who is a beautiful singer, by the way) and Hermione are on Tiger Island, and they're my two favourite girls, Sharks are generally just a cooler bunch, and more interesting characters. I don't think I could bear Silkie and Sonny's constant fighting on Tigers, and Tom is so vile, as is Liam. Frankie is quite boring, but I like Markus and Soodi. The Sharks are great, I've warmed to Andrew now, and can see a good side to him. I love Xanthi, MacKenzie and Greg's alpha-male trio, Doug and Dan are good additions, and Rosie, Lois and Maz are all cool girls. Nadejah and Mark are the only weak link on Sharks now. If they swapped with Hollie and Hermione Shark Island would be perfect.

Archived