Aden/Nicole

I've been lurking a while now, long time lurker, first time poster :)

I felt now was the time to comment.....

A few posts back someone said about Nicole and Adens friendship being convienient for the writers because she hadn't any one else close to her age or something along those lines.

Personally I always thought that the only reason they got Belle involved with Aden is becasue she literally had nobody other than Irene to interact with. Drew left, Ric and Maddie were leaving and there was nobody left for her to interact with, so they threw her and Aden together.

Even now that she's with Aden she still hasn't really got anyone else hence Aden being the one she relies on now with the endless string of accidents she's been in.

Anyway, as far as Nicole and Aden goes I'd quite like to see them get together at some point in the future, but not as a rebound off their other relationships. If they were to get together I'd want it to be when both of them aren't with anyone else, no cheating or using the other to get over someone etc. etc.

Oh and also after Nicole found out about Adens abuse she didn't treat him any different which I thought was nice, and that whole episode where they skipped school and had their little "mates" chat, I though it sort of solidified their relationship, whatever way you want to view their relationship.

I don't really buy Geoff and Nicole as a couple, she's basically had to change everything about herself to please him and he's still as preachy as ever. It has been good for her in a way as she has matured and become less selfish recently, but I can only see that relationship lasting so long before their different beliefs cause problems again.

Belle has helped Aden through alot, no doubt about that, but I think that's what their relationship has become now. When she's not helping him through something, he's helping her through something. Most of their relationship has been like this. Before they broke up she was helping him, after Angelo and they got back together she's been in hospital every other week and he's supporting her now. Not a basis for a relationship. I'd like to see how they'd go if everything was just hunky dory with both of them. No court cases, no hospitals, no drug addictions and prawn trawlers etc. etc.

At the end of the day though I enjoy the Aden Nicolle scenes as they are believable as friends. If at some point in the future the writers decided to bring them togethe as a couple, I'd be ok with that. If they choose not to, well I'd be ok with that too as long as they continue to develop their "friend" relationship.

Lastly I think the current storyline with him not going to Uni and her butting in and all that shows how much she does care for him. After all the stuff that he's had to go through he deserves to have an oppertunity to do something for himself and to have something good happen and Nicolle seems to be the only one who wants it for him too.

I know his reasons for not wanting to go to Uni, but he has no parents looking out for him and nobody else in his life other than Belle so somebody needs to be the sensible one, so I say Go Nicole!! but that's probably a discussion for another thread.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I think it's best to just agree to disagree. Since I don't think we are going to see things differently anytime soon.

Agreeing to disagree already.And I do see your point.

I love Aden/Nicole together- they are much better than Aden and Belle who are getting really really boring! I am hoping Aden and Nicole are the new Ric and Matilda.

Oh my goodness, Ric and Matilda were JUST as boring, if not worse but thats another thread...

I LOVED Ric and Matilda and I think I'd love Aden and Nicole as a couple as well, I always like him more in his scenes with her than when he's angsting over Belle.

And I just want to say I agree ENTIRELY with Macylightfoot's post above.Well said.

Welcome, Macylightfoot. Great first post!

I'd like to see how they'd go if everything was just hunky dory with both of them. No court cases, no hospitals, no drug addictions and prawn trawlers etc. etc.

I think even most Adelle fans would agree with you on this one. The constant in and out of hospital every 5 minutes, and reeling from one major drama to another is killing my love for this couple.

Its just too much.

I'd like to see them go back to the way they were during their initial courtship at the start of the relationship, where there was banter, snarkiness and just some plain fun.

Bring that back writers!! <_<

I always felt after Aden's abuse was bought up at his court case and you saw Nicole's reaction that a scene with just them would have been good to address her reaction to finding out. I don't think Nicole or Aden would have just left it there. It's a scene I would have loved to have seen.

Excellent post Macy, completely agree, even about Geoff/Nicole to a degree. :D

I think Nicole and Aden are more equal to one another in their 'relationship'. In Adelle, Belle always seems like the more mature one, especally if you ignore their constant drama and just look at them as normal characters. Aden is still very imature despite what's happened to him, he still gets in food fights, and gives soemone the silent treatment as punishment, Nicole, we all know, is the same. And yet thay both have the same level of bravery, seriousness and toughness when they need it. They're very much similar in personality, which is probably why they get along and fight as well as they do.

Neither Geoff and Belle are very compatible to either Nicole or Aden, I can buy Nicole/Geoff because that's supposed to be part of their appeal, no one's trying to deny their differences. Where as, with Adelle the writers have gone to a great trouble to make Aden and Belle seem like a perfect match, completely equal and mature together. It's essentially made Aden a different character with her compared to all the other characters and it's very jarring, I don't buy it.

Anyway, rant over. :)

I reckon these two are great! I love their friendship, and when they're fighting, it never seems that serious, you can tell that they still love each other (in a friend way). I love them as friends, but nothing more :)

Edited by Adelle-xo

I always felt after Aden's abuse was bought up at his court case and you saw Nicole's reaction that a scene with just them would have been good to address her reaction to finding out. I don't think Nicole or Aden would have just left it there. It's a scene I would have loved to have seen.

i really agree, their friendhisp is really strong so its weird that it was just left like that

Nicole was visually shocked when she found out that Aden had been abused, Nicole from the very start was eager to find out why Aden had moved in with them. I am so glad they didnt get together or even have a fling. I am also happy that Aden didnt choose to date someone else or Nicole whilst belle was seeing Angelo, but then again Belle seeing Aden with Nicole or someone else would have made her extremly jealous, probably forcing her to go running back to Aden. I dont think Aden is immature, yes sometimes he is but he can be mature. Hey arent most guys immature at his ages? *most* guys, not all- I'm saying. I loved the food fight between nicole and aden, espically when Belle walked in! hahaa. They have a great friendship, Aden, Nicole and Roman make a cute little family. It shows that you dont have to be blood related to become a family.

I really like Nicole and Aden's friendship and I guess they could probably work as a couple too IF there wasn't any Belle. She's just perfect for him like he's perfect for her. Given everything they went through (dealing with post-abuse issues, breakdown, split-up, trial, reunion, Belle's hospital visits and now Belle's addiction) and given that their bond is so strong at the moment, can't we just give them a chance of being happy and keep them together without thinking of other possible love interests for either of them?

can't we just give them a chance of being happy and keep them together without thinking of other possible love interests for either of them?

your asking a bit much, this is Home and Away :lol:

although i do think these too need a bit of a chance to breathe and focus on being a couple not just having other things to worry about in their young lives.

Edited by martha-jack