Gina Austin - Sonia Todd

But I think her character needs a lot of work, focus, and attention. For example, her job as headteacher. It's like she was just given that so she would have a reason to stay in the Bay. What difference does it actually make to day-to-day Home and Away whether she's headteacher, or works in the Diner? Compare this to Fisher - being headteacher was an enormous part of his character (and a very important role in the show). It wasn't all there was to him, but it was a very big part. As for Gina - as far as I remember we've never even seen her in the principal's office.

She's not very often seen in her office, NO. And the kids never seems to get sent there anymore like they did when Mr Fisher was the principal.

The school needs a tougher principal, I think. Kind of like Mr Hyde, he was fun to watch in the beginning, when his son Kim went to school there..

If they get detention these days, the teaches seems to be the ones to decide it, not the principal.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I think her character needs a lot of work, focus, and attention. For example, her job as headteacher. It's like she was just given that so she would have a reason to stay in the Bay. What difference does it actually make to day-to-day Home and Away whether she's headteacher, or works in the Diner? Compare this to Fisher - being headteacher was an enormous part of his character (and a very important role in the show). It wasn't all there was to him, but it was a very big part. As for Gina - as far as I remember we've never even seen her in the principal's office.

She's not very often seen in her office, NO. And the kids never seems to get sent there anymore like they did when Mr Fisher was the principal.

The school needs a tougher principal, I think. Kind of like Mr Hyde, he was fun to watch in the beginning, when his son Kim went to school there..

If they get detention these days, the teaches seems to be the ones to decide it, not the principal.

I don't think they've actually got a set for the principal's office these days.Every time Gina's disciplining someone, she does it in the classroom.

I don't think they've actually got a set for the principal's office these days.Every time Gina's disciplining someone, she does it in the classroom.

Excactly what i mean, What did happened to the principals office?? And there seems to be no more secratery either, llike when Sally was principal,

Irene was secratery. Time for a new tough principal, I think.

Guys, did I miss something or was the whole thing with Gina and the menopause completely ignored after she pretty much forgave him when he invited her to Hawaii? Did we ever find out why she was cranky and depressed?

Edited by Hrhpm

Guys, did I miss something or was the whole thing with Gina and the menopause completely ignored after she pretty much forgave him when he invited her to Hawaii? Did we ever find out why she was cranky and depressed?

Gina said something like.. It's not menopause.. I'll leave that up for you to find out..

So, far we haven't heard any comments from John about this..

My first thought was that she might be pregnant again..

My first thought was that she might be pregnant again..

I'm not so sure I would be a fan of that storyline if it ever occurred!

Yeah, me too.

But what else could she have meant??

I agree. They certainly skipped a few lines in there somewhere... And I hope that they come back to it at some stage.

My thought too was she was pregnant, but then nothing else was said about it.

Really frustrates me sometimes when Home and Away does that. :(

• 1 year later...

By the looks of it Gina will die in 2013. There has been no official confirmation but in the

there's a funeral and some of the students are there and Xavier is back!!!

Source (for Xavier being back) Click Here. Also in the picture it show's John and Jett in suits. I couldn't imagine Xavier being back for anyone elses funeral in his police uniform and I don't see why some of the Summer Bay High students would be there if it wasn't Gina's funeral.

I will be quite sad if this does occur, I don't mind Gina as an individual, just don't like her that much with John anymore.

EDIT: Sorry guys, I don't know what's happening with the spoiler tag, I can't seem to fix it. :/ Hopefully one of the admins can.