Hugo Austin - Bernard Curry

doola

Actually I don't mind Hugo all now - as long as he isn't around Martha in a scene. They should give him more action scenes (hopefully they will as part of the end of the year mystery) cos I loved him in the Bar fight with John Palmer and the way he coolly faced down Gardy, when he had Xavier hostage was great. I think Bernard Curry is a good actor, but they need to give his character more meatier material to work with. Hopefully they are starting to.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really have an opinion on Hugo, I think he has the potential to be a great character on his own but I hate how they turn him into this soppy idiot who lets Martha use and abuse him when it comes to love.

What reeallly annoyed me was the way he was perfectly happy to upset Tony and turn down the offer of being his cousin's Godfather all so poor Martha doesn't get upset :angry: He wasn't even happy about being asked.

I really don't like Hugo.

Tony was clearly really excited about asking him to be a Godparent and he couldn't even try and act happy or proud to be asked. After everything Tony's been through he's finally smiling and moving on and Hugo couldn't even push his own feelings aside for once and put someone else before him. It obviously meant a lot to Tony but the pair of them (Martha and Hugo) acted like they'd be asked to do something awful.

He treats Xavier awfully and doesn't seem to care about anyone about himself or his feelings.

Martha's just as bad. They deserve each other. :rolleyes:

I think Bernard is a good actor; and that he's getting the character of Hugo portrayed well to us, however ... I do have some reservations.

I never quite know, in Character Discussion, if I should talk about liking the choices of characters [as that's more down to the writers, than the actors] or just in relation to their acting; as Hugo is still a relatively new character to the bay, I don't feel that I know 'him' well enough to be able to say whether his disregard for Rachel & Tony in recent episodes is characteristic of him, or not.

Certainly he seems to be quite a shallow, weak man - who doesn't do anything around the house, but gives out to others for not either. Who expected everyone in his family except himself to spend time caring for Brendan. Who falls for his dead cousin's wife less than 6 months after the cousin has died - I mean, when the feelings festered, I feel that any decent person would have arranged some time away [not disappearing for a few days] - but perhaps Hugo isn't a decent person; who knows?

However, as I said at the start, I think that his acting is doing his character justice - even though I don't particularly like the character.

Hugo is horrible. i agree that Bernard is a good actor as i have liked him in other shows, but Hugo is just so .... i dont know what it is , he just annoys me so very, very much. the way he treathed Xavier when Brendan was around was discusting, i know they had a "heart to heart" moment after that and that they are all good now, but i still cant like him. and pairing him up with Martha is not going to help as we know how her relationships goes..... not good. seriously, they are already annoying and they are not even a coule yet....