The Lost Letter (by TelephotoMarigold) - comments

Inactive User

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Because I have not read this fiction for a while I have to admit I got lost in the past couple of chapters, - when in doubt, re-read (which I promptly did) and I can happily say I have managed to pick up the thread of your storytelling again - can't wait for the next installment in this story, especially since they are busy delving into Roman's past on the television.. it's good to get another angle!

Well Done. :D and keep it up!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Seeing as I'm banned from a certain place where I liked to hang out, I thought I'd find another place to camp out in. :P

It's a Roman fic! A Roman fic! Yay... a Roman one! Woop! Woop! :D

Now that I've got that out of the way. *composes self* I shall review it properly.

I like your writing style and I found that it easily held my attention from the off. Even though your style isn't overly descriptive when writing about the emotions, surroundings and interactions between the characters, it's not just full of dialogue only. You have a good balance & it makes the style very individual to you.

I loved that we got to see a deeper, more emotional side to Roman in this, something the show never did, especially when it came to love/romance. You wrote him spot on, still keeping that strong, silent personality we're so used to, but managing to convey his inner feelings at the same time.

The highlight for me in this fic was the Miles/Roman friendship, it was spot on, and felt very natural. I loved the comedy that it brought with it & the way their almost opposite personalities complimented each other. The letter, the instant effect it had on Roman, the losing it & finding it and changing hands, the way everything was revealed yet the letter was never read was perfectly written (are we ever going to find out what was in it?? :unsure:). Also that diner scene with everyone eavesdropping was funny with them all jumping to the wrong conclusions and then finally Roman's outburst. Especially because it involved someone as secretive as Roman, who likes to keep everything to himself.

Geoff/Nicole parts were cute too. As were the Roman/Ella parts. I liked Ella from what little we got to know about her. I expected some more interaction & banter between them before we got to the conclusion. I did find the ending very quick & abrupt and I would have liked to read a few more chapters before we got there. But lucky for me I had A SB Wedding complete and ready for me to read next. So in the end I was glad that you left things out and we got to find out more from reading on.

Good stuff. Well written & very interesting to read. :D Sorry for the loooooooooong rant... something you'll have to get used to with me. :P