The Hidden Truth

Guest MissOlivia22

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry it's been a while, I've had it planned for a while but never had the inspiration to actually sit down and write it. I'm out all day tomorrow, but hope to have a small chapter up in the evening.

Chapter 6

It was dark before Aden had the courage to go a find out about hiring a van .He approached the door slowly, unsure about what to do. He had considered calling up the caravan park to book a place to stay but he couldn’t find the number and her knew that Sally lived there. He didn’t want any pity or any questions, but it was the only place he could think to get a place to stay cheaply.

His hand hesitated before it made contact with the door and he bit his lip anxiously as he waited for someone to open the door. He saw movement on the other side before it was pulled open and he was greeted by the cheery face of his English teacher. He frowned slightly before his smile returned.

“Hey Aden, what can I help you with?” He asked and watched as Aden’s hands retreated in his pockets as he looked slightly embarrassed.

“I wanna book a van.” He told Miles his voiced laced with the same embarrassment Miles had detected.

“Sure! Why don’t you come in? I’ll be back in a second” He said, ushering Aden in before going to find the log book for the caravans. Aden shifted the bag on his back as he looked around his surroundings, taking in the homely room. Admittedly he had never been in Summer Bay house before and he felt out of place as he looked through the various family pictures that were scattered around the shelf’s and on the walls, from Sally, to Ric and Matilda to Cassie and various family portraits.. Aden turned his body slightly as he sighed wondering where Miles was.

He heard footsteps coming from the same way Miles had left and was relived for a few seconds before he realised who it was. Cassie, older and looking more mature entered the room and looked slightly shocked for a moment before finding her voice again.

“Hi.” She said, her voice cold and harsh and Aden smiled slightly at her.

Great! I’m guessing that means she remembers the whole “Lets lock her date to the school formal in the boot of his car” prank.” Aden thought to himself sarcastically, trying to hide his internal groan.

“What are you doing here?” She asked although Aden was unsure whether she meant just in her house or back in the bay. Before he even had a chance to answer, heavier footsteps were heard behind she had just came from and Miles appeared behind her, flashing her a smile before slipping past, a large notebook in hand.

“Hey Cass.” He said causally and her cold demeanour softened.

“I’m going to the diner with Ric and Mattie.” She told him and Miles nodded in response before she slipped past Aden and out the door, leaving Aden relived he didn’t have to answer.

“So how long you are staying for.” Miles asked as he flipped through the pages. Aden’s hands quickly went to his pockets to receive the money he decided could be used for living arrangements. Miles watched as he flipped through the notes before handing it over and returning to his spot a few meters away.

“However long that will pay for.” He told him, his hands returning to his pocket. Miles quickly flicked through money and told Aden it would pay for 2 weeks. That wasn’t a very long length of time but for know it was good enough for Aden. He should be able to find a job and then stay longer until he finds a more permanent place to stay.

“Ok, I’ll go get your key.” Miles told him, rounding the corner of the room and returning quickly. He indicated for Aden to follow and he complied as they left out the back door and towards the place where the actual vans were, explaining as they walked the way how to get in without having to go through the house.

There was a slight gap of silence as they walked as Miles contemplated whether or not it would be a good idea to ask Aden whether he didn’t have any family to stay with or whether that would be pushing it too far. Aden had one of the furthest away vans and more silence filled the time before he made his decision.

“So you don’t have anyone else to stay with in the bay?” He asked in a casual manor.

“No.” Aden said, his voice blunt.

“No family?” He pressed.

“No.” Aden said in the same voice. He was walking slightly slower than Miles and he glanced back to find Aden shoulders slump, his eyes staring at the floor in front of him as they walked. Miles paused as if to say something else but stopped himself and the silence that now filled the air was no longer comfortable but awkward and it seemed to take a long time for them to reach the caravan that Aden was hiring. He slipped them key in, unlocking the door before passing the key to Aden.

“Well, if you need anything just ask.” He said in a friendly tone but Aden refused to meet his eye contact and Miles decided just to leave him. Aden waited for the sound of his footsteps to disappear before entering the van. He didn’t bother to look around the van as he dropping his bag to the floor, slipped out of his shoes and let his body collapse to the bed. He shifted slightly glad to finally have something nice to sleep on as he tried to keep his emotions in check. He, in almost a desperate way, rubbed his eyes with the palm of his eyes as he could feel tears fill his eyes. He wasn’t sure whether it was because he was back and the memories were too prominent to be able to shy away from them or because the fact his dad was dead but he couldn’t stop the salty liquid from over spilling down his cheeks. He didn’t understand. For the last two year, through everything that happened with his brother he had never once allowed himself to cry. He had locked everything from the past away and never shown any emotion of this kind. But finally, in the confines of this unfamiliar caravan in a town full of memories that silently haunted him every day and for the first time in two years - He cried.

----

I don't know whether I like it that much <_< but please comment

• 2 weeks later...

Okie Dokie. Sorry sorry sorry It has been like forever, but I’ve had coursework and revision and stuff.

Chapter seven

Due to habit, Aden rose from his bed at a few minutes before 6. He knew he was early and if he got up know then it would be too early to get into school, but he hated to just sit around and made the decision to take a look around and possibly have a long shower.

He pushed himself out of the bed and pulled the curtain to the one window open to allow the sun shine in and to wake him up more efficiently. He looked out to the surroundings for a while before his eyes adjusted the sunlight and realised he had slept in his clothes from the previous day. He noted the small mirror on the other side of the small caravan as walked over to it, looking over his face. The signs of last night’s breakdown were evident. His eyes were puffy, his hair messed up and dried tear tracks down his cheeks.

He roughly wiped away the tear tracks before tipping the contents of his bag on the bed. The majority of his clothes were dirty, his school uniform near the top. Deciding he would find somewhere to wash his clothes later he just took the uniform and a towel, placing them on the side and shoved his clothes into the corner of the bed, realizing he would need a bag for his school things. Few people were up and if they were the curtains were still closed and no one was out.

He headed in the direction where Miles had pointed out to his previously until I found the shower blocks for the caravan park. There was no one else around as he slipped in the shower, not even flinching when the cold water hit his body, having been used to it for ages. In the end he didn’t stay in the shower long, turning it off after a few minutes and drying his body roughly and quick. His uniform clung to his still slightly wet body as he left the shower block only returning to the van to retrieve his bag and money.

It was still early as he walked to the street, heading in the general direction of the diner for some breakfast. He was surprised to find there were quite a few people sitting at the tables of the diner, mainly people in school uniform sipping their drinks, some eating. One person in particular caught his attention, sitting alone in the corner but not in a way to suggest she had no friends. She looked comfortable to be able to be away from the gossip and was flipping causally through a magazine. Belle.

Strangely he felt really bad for being rude to her the previous day and I didn’t take him long to decide to go over, although he hesitated beside where she sat. She looked up at the sudden movement next to her to be met by an apologetic face.

“Hi.” He said, simply before moving to sit opposite her on the table. She said a hello back but returned to her magazine, waiting for him to talk first.

“About yesterday.” He started, trying to choose his words. “Sorry for yelling at you.” He was watching her, worried she wouldn’t accept. She looked up and Aden thought for a moment he saw a slight amount of amusement in her eyes. Was she enjoying how awkward this was for him? She smiled and conversation took a different route as they talked about his first day at school although didn’t delve into his previous life in the bay or what she overheard with Bree.

Slowly, the amount of people in the Diner decreased and Aden and Belle realized they should be getting to school. They walked together but didn’t talk. It was a comfortable silence that filled the air as they made their way towards the school. They both had the same first period so they stood together at his locker as they waited for the first bell to ring.

After a few minutes of pointless chatter, Aden noticed that the noise in the hallway had died down and most people, including Belle were glancing nervously at two people who entered the school. Annie and another girl entered the hallway side by side; Annie’s arm was around the others waist in a comforting way. Aden had noticed the same thing yesterday. After first recess people had started to stare and avoid the other girl at the other girl. He had chosen to ignore what they had been saying it, classing it as mindless teenage rumours, but the tense atmospheres made it seem more than that.

“What’s with that?” Aden asked Belle, pointing his head towards the two girls and looking pointedly towards those staring. Belle sighed and looked reluctant to talk.

“It’s just a rumour.” She offered but Aden eyes remained questioning.

“Yesterday someone said they overheard Annie and Melody talking. I don’t know whether it’s true or not, and Annie won’t talk to me, but they said someone tried to rape Melody...” She trailed off, looking upset and Annie and Melody stopped at a locker, trying desperately trying to ignore the obvious whispers and stares. Aden stiffened, angry. He looked over Melody. Her body was hunched over, her eyes wary of everything that was going on around her. She defiantly looked scared, broken.

Belle noticed the change in his demeanour, his body tense but his eyes softly looking at Melody.

“I mean, it’s just a rumour and I shouldn’t have said anything. I don’t think anyone would lie about something like that, but telling the entire student body was harsh. Annie won’t say anything to me and Melody just won’t say anything.” She said hurriedly, but Aden wasn’t really listening.

“Who?” He asked, his voice low, scaring Belle.

“Axel.” She whispered. Axel! Aden eyes finally left Melody as he searched for Axel in the crowded hallway. That’s when he noticed, people weren’t only staring at Melody, and they were stealing cautious glances at Axel and avoiding him. He was standing alone by his locker, looking completely oblivious to the stares.

“Take Melody and Annie to their next lesson.” He ordered.

“Why?”

“Please.” He said facing her. Belle looked in his eyes, unable to look away for a moment or two and unable to go against what he was saying. Belle walked slowly towards Melody, who flinched when she appeared next to her. Belle spoke for a moment, stole one glance at Aden before leading them away.

Surprised at how calm and collected he seemed at the moment, he walked towards Axel. His old friend. As he approached Axel turned, a smile on his face for a mere second until his saw the look on Aden’s. Before Axel could even ask, Aden had his pressed up against the locker, his arm pressed up against his neck, allowing him only enough space to breath. Barely.

“ If I find out that what people are saying is true, I will make sure you wish you never touched her. In fact I’ll make you wish you were never born.” Aden snarled at him, his anger finally being released.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Axel stuttered, shocked and struggling, but Aden only pushed his more into the lockers.

“If you did anything to her, I’m going to knock you into next week. Got it?” Axel nodded, scared. Aden raised his other fist, but felt something tug at his elbow. He glanced around slightly to see Belle, shocked.

“Please don’t fight.” Belle said, regretting having said anything. After one more shove Aden let go of Axel, but didn’t stop staring him in the eyes.

“It wasn’t a fight. It was a warning.”

-------------------------

Don't really like the second bit....

Archived