The Hidden Truth

Guest MissOlivia22

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank You :)

Chapter 5

“Belle, you’re late.” Mr Copeland said as the door to the classroom opened 5 minutes after the class had started. Aden looked up to see the girl from the beach the previous night standing flustered in the doorway her bag slung over her shoulder. Her hair looked light now that it wasn’t wet and she had small amounts of eyeliner and mascara around her eyes.

“Sorry, the printer died this morning so I had to go print the essay.” She told him and holding out what she had in her hands.

“I’ll take it in at the end with everyone else’s. Take a seat.” He told her and she sat down in the empty seat next to Aden. She didn’t notice him as she was too busy removing her Julius Caesar from her bag along with a pen. She pulled the hair band out of her hair and it fell softly around her face as she slid the bag under her desk. Mr Copeland waited for her to be ready and then began talking about Mark Antony’s speech after the death of Caesar. Aden’s eyes raked subconsciously taking in her weird choice of clothing which suited her surprisingly well. As if she could feel someone’s eyes on her she looked up to meet Aden’s. She looked shocked to him again and smiled slightly at him before turning her face back to the front of the class. It took him a moment to realize he was still staring and reluctantly looked away. The lesson went quite fast and it wasn’t long before the belle was ringing throughout the classroom indicating for them to leave and after that it didn’t take long for Bree to catch up with him. Belle passed them as Bree pulled at his arm, making him stop in the hallway.

“Today’s the 9th of May isn’t it?” She asked even though it was likely she already new that it was and wanted away to bring it into the conversation. Aden inwardly groaned and he realized she most likely had remembered. He had tried his very best to forget what day it was and had succeeded because there was no one to remind him until that point. He nodded hesitantly.

“So it’s you birthday right?” She asked joyously and something in his face must have given it away even though he was 100% ready to lie to her. She flung her arms around his neck and Aden flinched wishing she wouldn’t be so hyper and touchy feely. Over his shoulder he saw Belle looking at them out of the corner of the eye and it was obvious she could see his stiff posture. Aden gently at first pushed her body away from him but when she didn’t budge he pushed her harder and she moved back, a look of hurt on her face.

“I’ve been gone 2 years.... I don’t think we should do this.” He told her and she looked heartbroken. Aden was confused mainly because he was sure that within the time he was gone she would have moved and forgotten about him.

“You said you loved me.” She said and a hushed voice and Aden grimaced at that night. He was slightly drunk and had only told her it to get her to let him into her pants only to find he physically couldn’t push himself to do anything, his thoughts only plagued with those of his grandfather.

“Sorry.” He muttered and she stared at him for a moment, in hopes he would change his mind but when he said nothing else and ignored her eye contact she backed away and turned around, walking in the opposite direction. He felt bad about it and watched as she disappeared from site and sighed, turning slightly to find Belle watching him.

“What!.” He snapped at her. She looked shocked and he regretted the harshness of his tone, but didn’t back down as he walked away, angry and annoyed towards his next lesson.

--

“Here you go Mattie.” Roman said handing her a milkshake as she sat in the new diner after a day at school she smiled up at him and took the drink as he returned to the kitchen. She took a few sips when Aden walked through the door looking very annoyed with something, and had a defensive demeanour about him. She had seen him at school in the morning heading towards Sally’s office but not since then. He looked around the diner and when his eyes met hers she smiled invitingly, offering him a seat opposite her. He was hesitant at first, but made his way over and sat down. She smiled again.

“Hi.” She said in a cheery voice that wasn’t over the top. She looked over him slyly when he looked away. He looked better than he did on the beach, a change of clothes and less tired although his face was still gaunt. After everything he did when he was in the bay before, Mattie felt that she shouldn’t care about him so much and that she should just leave him alone and hope he would do the same. She had the strange sense that something was wrong. He was different to when he left and that her curious. He didn’t seem his old cheeky rude self and seemed more reserved, quiet and defensive.

She then realized she was staring and looked away thinking of a way to break the awkward silence. She could see roman out of the corner of her eye and figured she would use him as the way to do so.

“Do you want a drink?” She asked and he looked up as if broken out of deep thought, he just nodded and Mattie called him over.

“It’s Aden right?” Roman asked, remembering from his previous visit.

“Yeh, I’ll just have an orange juice please?” He asked and reached into his pocket. He pulled out what was in it while Roman went to get his drink. After his last visit to the diner he had found all his money and not trusting to leave it with the rest of this clothing, he put it in his pocket. Mattie gawked at the amount of money he brought out. Yes it may seem a lot to carry around but it wasn’t in fact all the money he had and what he had to live on until he found a job or a way to get money. He figured he had enough to rent a caravan for a few nights. He ignored the confusion on Mattie’s face and paid for the drink when Roman returned. The rest of the time was spent in a comfortable silence even though Mattie way dying to ask him questions but figured he wouldn’t answer. Eventually Aden got tired of sitting there and decided it was time to leave.

Disappointed that hadn’t dared to ask him anything or query about what was wrong on the beach, Mattie watched as he walked out the diner after a slight emotionless smile.

Comments?

Awww why did he have to snap at her?! it was sweet that he was staring at her in class though

I kinda feel sorry for Bree, but as he said, he was gone for 2 years!!

I hope he talks to someone soon! he needs mates lol

Brill update :D looking forward to more

That ending was really great. I loved how Mattie was with him, esp her thoughts about how she sholdn't bother with him but did anyway cos he looked like he had change.

Loved the bit at the beginning too. Glad it was Belle that had tried to save him :lol:

Can't wait for more!

xoxo

I really love Aden's reactions to all the characters. The way you're writing his personality is intriguing and fantastic! It was so sad how you described what happened with Bree and about why he told her he loved her. You described that in the perfect way.

I can't wait for the next update!!! Soon PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived