The Hidden Truth

Guest MissOlivia22

Wow! This is AMAZING! I love it so far!!!

I like how you're describing Aden's life, appearance, reactions, just everything really. I'm wondering what happened to him over those two years, why's he back and where's Justin? I'm sure you'll tell us... eventually! lol

Can't wait for another update!!! Please SOON!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone :)

Chapter three

Aden walked at a deadly slow pace towards the house he could see in the distance, his hands in his pockets. He was nervous to say the least and had nearly changed his mind about 10 times on the journey over. As he got closer, he saw that the car in the driveway was not that of his dad or his grandfathers, but a small red car with a car seat in the back. Confused and intrigued, he walked towards the door and took a deep breath. He didn’t know what to expect and was scared of that fact. He knocked on the door and to him it seemed extremely long, and got nervous as seconds went by and no one answered the door. Eventually he heard voices on the other said and scurrying footsteps approaching the door. There was fumbling with a key before the door was finally opened and he was shocked with who was on the other side. A young lady, most likely in her 20’s opened the door and had a young child rested on her hip, eyes drooping and her head rested on her mothers shoulder. Had his dad got remarried? It was a shock to Aden and it took him a while to recover his posture whilst the lady looked him up and down.

“Is Larry Jeffries here?” Aden said in a quiet voice as not to wake the child up.

“Jeffries, Jeffries..” She thought out loud for a second “That’s the family that lived here before me. I’m sorry I think Mr Jeffries died a few months before I moved in here. Alcohol poisoning I think. Were you a family member?” She asked, only asking the finale question when she saw Aden’s mouth open and his face fall.

“No.” Aden lied “Sorry to bother you.” He looked away from the woman’s intense gaze, obviously not believing him and watching as he retreated away from the house. He now had nowhere to go and no clue what to do. He came back to the bay because he had family; even if they weren’t people he felt he could trust, he still needed to have more of a sense of routine in his life. A permanent place to stay, familiarity to his surroundings rather that sleeping where ever he could find that was good enough to get a night’s sleep. Over the 2 years he had slowly shrunk back into his shell, the emotions of his childhood finally catching up with him and forcing him to emotionless wreck. As more time passed, he learned put on an emotionless face and keep everyone who tried to get close out. It took a while, but he was finally had managed to put a complete wall around himself and his emotions.

------

Roman chopped at the vegetables, quickly pushing them to the side when he had finished and moving on to the next thing on the list.

“Irene. Can you pass me the celery?” He asked and waited for a moment for her to answer. When she didn’t, he turned to face her and saw her staring out into the diner through the door, ignoring what he was asking. He rolled his eyes and walked over to her in order to inspect what was holding her attention. All that was on the other side of the door were Annie and Jai with Milkshakes, a group of teenagers and boy sitting on his own, staring into space.

“Irene?” He questioned her and she looked up, stepping back slightly after not realizing he was so close to her.

“Ade Jeffries’s back in town.” She stated nodding towards the boy sat on his own. Roman didn’t recognise the name or the face as they both looked over to the boy.

“Never seen him before.” Roman told her and returning to his place near the oven.

“You wouldn’t have, he disappeared before you came to the bay.” She told him and Roman chuckled at her choice of words.

“Disappeared?” He asked, a smile still lingering on his lips.

“Yeh. About 2 years ago his brother came to the old diner as we were shutting and asked for all the money he earned when he worked here. Next day he didn’t come to work and Aden didn’t turn up at school. No calls to any of their friends or anything. Social Services were called because Aden was only 14, but they talked to his dad and they left it at that. Don’t know what his dad said but it obviously explained the sudden disappearing act, but no one else was told.” Irene reminisced to herself. “He was a little terror when he was here though.” She added on the end. Roman rolled his eyes again and put down what he was doing.

“I’ll go get his order.” He told her and slipped past her into the diner. He didn’t look up as Roman approached, not really noticing his presence, his mind to set on the events of the previous few hours. He felt that he shouldn’t have been upset that his father was dead after everything he didn’t do, but he found it hard to keep his hard facade up as he tried to not let his emotions from showing through.

“Can I get you anything?” Roman asked, snapping Aden out of his trance. He didn’t really plan to buy anything, he just thought he would come and sit down for a while. Unsure if he would be allowed to do just that, he fumbled around him his pockets to try and find his wallet. He didn’t know the exact amount of money he had, only that he only had a little.

“You knew around her?” Roman asked breaking the silence, even though he was fully away that he was coming back for the first time in years. Aden nodded, still searching. His wallet was in his rucksack which he found out soon enough but was too embarrassed to admit he had no money. Roman noticed the fact he was still fumbling around in his pockets and decided to put him out of the situations.

“It’s on the house. Let’s say a welcome back present.” Roman said cheerily and Aden removed his hands from his pockets, knowing full well the waiter was taking pity on him. He mumbled thanks and ignored the eye contact he was trying to make.

“What can I get you then?” He asked.

“I’ll just have a coffee.” Aden said quietly and Roman felt like he should argue and get him to order some food because he looked like he needed it.

“Sure? It’s on the house after all?” He asked but Aden just shook his head and Roman returned to the kitchen after shooting Aden one last concerned look.

Comments?

Archived