Charlie/Angelo

Mistified

It seems 2 me that when Charlie was with Joey no one had a bad word 2 say about her, but since then there doesn't seem 2 be many good things said about her.

I'm not saying i agree with what happened with the Jarlie story but that doesn't necessarily make Charlie a terrible person. I see her as a very misunderstood character

who's obviously got major issues with men/relationships & therefore doesn't know how 2 commit properly 2 partners, she's made mistakes but that's not a crime.

As for Angelo, ok he killed Jack but it was an accident, not cold blooded murder, & although he should have never tried 2 cover it up, again this doesn't make him an awful person, just a human being who's made mistakes.

I think in months 2 come when everything concerning these 2 is out in the open, they will finally commit 2 each other & have a happy stable relationship, well i hope so anyway!!!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems 2 me that when Charlie was with Joey no one had a bad word 2 say about her, but since then there doesn't seem 2 be many good things said about her.

I'm not saying i agree with what happened with the Jarlie story but that doesn't necessarily make Charlie a terrible person. I see her as a very misunderstood character

who's obviously got major issues with men/relationships & therefore doesn't know how 2 commit properly 2 partners, she's made mistakes but that's not a crime.

As for Angelo, ok he killed Jack but it was an accident, not cold blooded murder, & although he should have never tried 2 cover it up, again this doesn't make him an awful person, just a human being who's made mistakes.

I think in months 2 come when everything concerning these 2 is out in the open, they will finally commit 2 each other & have a happy stable relationship, well i hope so anyway!!!

When Joey first turned up Charlie was really nice which made peple think well of her, but now we can see what kind of odious individual she actually is. When push comes to shove she was nothing more than an coward and liar. As I have said killing Jack is not the only reason I dislike Angelo, people bring it up as being a mistake, so what his personality stinks no matter if he killed Jack or not.

Charlie hasn't got a hope in hell of having a stable relationship with anyone least of all the unstable twit that is Angelo. Did people not see how he treated Belle and the way he talks to Charlie no if she so much as dares to disagree with him at work.

When Joey first turned up Charlie was really nice which made peple think well of her, but now we can see what kind of odious individual she actually is. When push comes to shove she was nothing more than an coward and liar. As I have said killing Jack is not the only reason I dislike Angelo, people bring it up as being a mistake, so what his personality stinks no matter if he killed Jack or not.

Charlie hasn't got a hope in hell of having a stable relationship with anyone least of all the unstable twit that is Angelo. Did people not see how he treated Belle and the way he talks to Charlie no if she so much as dares to disagree with him at work.

The way he treated Belle?What, you mean being kind to her, comforting her, looking out for her, trying to protect her, only to have her go sleeping with her psycho of an ex behind his back?

I'm really not sure why you've got such a downer on these two.Okay, they haven't exactly gone about it the right way by sneaking around behind May's back but there's clearly a mutual fondness between them and I like the way they are around each other.They're not perfect but who is and I think she's been a good support to him since he came back, except at the start when she wanted him gone as much as anyone but that was just a knee jerk reaction, and I think once he finds out what's going on for her he'll be the same.

The way he treated Belle?What, you mean being kind to her, comforting her, looking out for her, trying to protect her, only to have her go sleeping with her psycho of an ex behind his back?

I'm really not sure why you've got such a downer on these two.Okay, they haven't exactly gone about it the right way by sneaking around behind May's back but there's clearly a mutual fondness between them and I like the way they are around each other.They're not perfect but who is and I think she's been a good support to him since he came back, except at the start when she wanted him gone as much as anyone but that was just a knee jerk reaction, and I think once he finds out what's going on for her he'll be the same.

Have I not covered why I dislike Angelo in various posts all over the place? In case you missed it, he is arrogant, smug, violence, hypocritical, unprofessional and immature bully. That is why I dislike him and by extention Charlie. It's not even about how they treated May who is like more than a plot device. They are both vile people and seeing them together is just horrid. As for a mutual fondness, well I guess jerks can spot each other at 20 paces, how great for them.

Angelo smashed up Irene's house and publicly humiliated Belle, so she cheated on him but Angelo proved what an immature and nasty little man he was. And you know I'm not Belle's greatest fan, I think she's whinying but she didn't deserve to be treated the way Angelo treated her. He should have been more of a man, but then again he couldn't as he's just a immature little boy with a gun out to throw his weight around. I don't like the way he deals with Hugo, no diplomacy there - if he wasn't trying to wind up Hugo he could get his job done alot easier and recall I'm not a fan of Hugo either. I think I've listed enough reason for disliking Angelo.

Keeping in mind that I think Angelo is one of the most odious characters on the show, why then would I like him in a relationship with anyone? The fact that Charlie wants to be with him only reflects badly on her.

Edited by oscartg

Angelo smashed up Irene's house and publicly humiliated Belle, so she cheated on him but Angelo proved what an immature and nasty little man he was. And you know I'm not Belle's greatest fan, I think she's whinying but she didn't deserve to be treated the way Angelo treated her. He should have been more of a man, but then again he couldn't as he's just a immature little boy with a gun out to throw his weight around. I don't like the way he deals with Hugo, no diplomacy there - if he wasn't trying to wind up Hugo he could get his job done alot easier and recall I'm not a fan of Hugo either. I think I've listed enough reason for disliking Angelo.

I think Angelo smashing up Irene's house was more because Belle turned up at his place of work making trouble for him than because he cheated on her and again his "publicly humiliated" her(which is debateable since she was the one that seemed to get all the hugs)was because Aden was winding him up.I actually think Angelo tried to be diplomatic with Hugo at first, at least for about thirty seconds, but Hugo obviously wasn't going to give him the time of day so he came down on him hard.Maybe he should back off and be professional but to my mind he's only responding in kind.

Anyway, I accept that you don't like Angelo and you don't like Charlie because she likes Angelo.I don't agree but I can relate.Personally I like Angelo and I like Charlie because she likes Angelo and I enjoy watching them.

I think Angelo smashing up Irene's house was more because Belle turned up at his place of work making trouble for him than because he cheated on her and again his "publicly humiliated" her(which is debateable since she was the one that seemed to get all the hugs)was because Aden was winding him up.I actually think Angelo tried to be diplomatic with Hugo at first, at least for about thirty seconds, but Hugo obviously wasn't going to give him the time of day so he came down on him hard.Maybe he should back off and be professional but to my mind he's only responding in kind.

Anyway, I accept that you don't like Angelo and you don't like Charlie because she likes Angelo.I don't agree but I can relate.Personally I like Angelo and I like Charlie because she likes Angelo and I enjoy watching them.

If he is going to be a police officer he needs to be professional and not act like a little boy, it's his job and no matter how Hugo behave he needs to behave in a appropriate manner. He has no business responding in kind, that's what a child would do not a police officer.

I think they are the worst couple in Summer Bay history that doesn't involve a rapist/person who beat up his girlfriend.(you know basically most of the people Cassie dated.)

I think a lot of people's problem with Angelo is that he's not Joey. If she were 2 return & reunite with Charlie then i'm sure Charlie would go back 2 being the best thing since sliced bread & everything bad that's been said about her would be taken back. I think 'Jarlie' fans would've reacted badly 2 any guy that she got with, not just Angelo

this is just how it's coming across 2 me.

I think a lot of people's problem with Angelo is that he's not Joey. If she were 2 return & reunite with Charlie then i'm sure Charlie would go back 2 being the best thing since sliced bread & everything bad that's been said about her would be taken back. I think 'Jarlie' fans would've reacted badly 2 any guy that she got with, not just Angelo

this is just how it's coming across 2 me.

That is not the case for me. If Joey came back I wouldn't want her to go anywhere near Charlie, because of the way she treated her last time. As for Charlie, I could list guys I wouldn't have a problem with her dating, Hugo(because it would annoy Martha), Miles(as I've complained about various things he's done - I think he's a fairly decent and respectful guy), Aden(I think he's a great guy), Roman(although he's gone now) and Tony(he's a good guy too). I might draw the line at Alf because that would just be bizzare.

If Charlie dumped the jerk that is Angelo then I might consider her less than awful but Angelo would still be my least favourite character on the show.