Charlie/Angelo

Mistified

In our soaps a snog is a snog, regardless of whether it's between 2 guys, 2 girls or one of each. I don't recall any of our non hetro-sexual kisses ever being censored, but yeah maybe that's how it works in oz.

Yeah but homosexuality was only decriminalized in Tasmania in '97... We're ever so slightly behind the UK... There's a reason why such a big deal was made about them. Australia's a lot further behind than most people think.

I didn't mind Angelo before he murdered Jack and lied to everyone and MURDERED JACK.. His return is completely unbelievable but I do love watching Watson's response to him haha She cracks me up

I dont think she is yet fully comfortable with dating Jacks killer but hopefully she will get over that.

Lol cos I know when someone I trust murders one of my good friends it really builds on that trust... :)

It's not slightly behind the UK it's at the very least 10 is not more years behind in tv representation. This is the type of short term storyline that I would have expected to see on a British soap in 1995 or something like that. Sex between men was decriminalised in 1967(lesbian sex was never a criminal act in the UK for reasons that aren't entirely clear). Reading this articles in the past few months I can see that Australia is clearly alot more homophobic that I thought, I mean Spain of all countries even allows gay marriage and that's a pretty catholic country too.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In our soaps a snog is a snog, regardless of whether it's between 2 guys, 2 girls or one of each. I don't recall any of our non hetro-sexual kisses ever being censored, but yeah maybe that's how it works in oz.

Yeah but homosexuality was only decriminalized in Tasmania in '97... We're ever so slightly behind the UK... There's a reason why such a big deal was made about them. Australia's a lot further behind than most people think.

I didn't mind Angelo before he murdered Jack and lied to everyone and MURDERED JACK.. His return is completely unbelievable but I do love watching Watson's response to him haha She cracks me up

I dont think she is yet fully comfortable with dating Jacks killer but hopefully she will get over that.

Lol cos I know when someone I trust murders one of my good friends it really builds on that trust... :)

It's not slightly behind the UK it's at the very least 10 is not more years behind in tv representation. This is the type of short term storyline that I would have expected to see on a British soap in 1995 or something like that. Sex between men was decriminalised in 1967(lesbian sex was never a criminal act in the UK for reasons that aren't entirely clear). Reading this articles in the past few months I can see that Australia is clearly alot more homophobic that I thought, I mean Spain of all countries even allows gay marriage and that's a pretty catholic country too.

I wouldn't say the depiction of gay and lesbian relationships on soaps in the uk has delevoped that far. I could be wrong but I cannot think of any times that gay and lesbian characters have been shown more than kissing. For example, we saw Charlie wake up in Angelo's bed a few episodes back (Uk wise) yet as far as I recall I have ever seen any gay/lesbian characters in a mainstream/primetime soap be in a scene that explicit. I think Hollyaoks did it in a late night show but I do not watch that show so I can't confirm. It fact the only soap that i remeber show gay characters go further than kissing was ironically an australian one - Pacific Drive. So maybe OZ soaps aren't that far behind us, although the fact that C/J seemed to be VERY similar to the lesbian story on Breakers 10 YEARS ago maybe they haven't moved on at all.

I wouldn't say the depiction of gay and lesbian relationships on soaps in the uk has delevoped that far. I could be wrong but I cannot think of any times that gay and lesbian characters have been shown more than kissing. For example, we saw Charlie wake up in Angelo's bed a few episodes back (Uk wise) yet as far as I recall I have ever seen any gay/lesbian characters in a mainstream/primetime soap be in a scene that explicit. I think Hollyaoks did it in a late night show but I do not watch that show so I can't confirm. It fact the only soap that i remeber show gay characters go further than kissing was ironically an australian one - Pacific Drive. So maybe OZ soaps aren't that far behind us, although the fact that C/J seemed to be VERY similar to the lesbian story on Breakers 10 YEARS ago maybe they haven't moved on at all.

They have in terms of plot development and the fact that they gay characters stick around for long terms and have relationships that aren't over in a second. That is Australia soaps problem.

Can I remind you that this is a thread for discussion about Charlie and Angelo only.

If you want to discuss Charlie and Joey then there is a perfectly good thread for that. And if you wish to discuss any other issues relating to the depiction of homosexuality on TV then I'm sure there is an appropriate thread in the General Chat. If there isn't then there's nothing stopping you making one.

Back on topic....

I quite like Angelo and Charlie together. Charlie does seem a little reluctant still but that's understandable given Angelo killed Jack. She is bound to be apprehensive about the rest of the town finding out. It would be nice if we could see a bit more of the fun Charlie and Angelo that we saw last year and I hope that will come in time.

We're ever so slightly behind the UK...

that was injected with a massive amount of sarcasm :)

It would be nice if we could see a bit more of the fun Charlie and Angelo that we saw last year and I hope that will come in time.

Yeah but see them having fun would mean Charlie wouldn't be concerned about her(almost weekly) increase in probability of getting syph haha

I love Luke but Angelo is just more irritating by the episode.. He used to have charm now it's taken over by whining

We're ever so slightly behind the UK...

that was injected with a massive amount of sarcasm :)

It would be nice if we could see a bit more of the fun Charlie and Angelo that we saw last year and I hope that will come in time.

Yeah but see them having fun would mean Charlie wouldn't be concerned about her(almost weekly) increase in probability of getting syph haha

I love Luke but Angelo is just more irritating by the episode.. He used to have charm now it's taken over by whining

Why is she got syphilis she might be killed off which could please me greatly.

Oh and I'm too lazy to make another thread and if I made another I just know that the mods would could it down so no I'm not making another thread.

That's fine as long as this thread stays on topic.

On that note... I am a little confused how my suggestion of 'fun' for Charlie and Angelo is related to her getting an STD? When I mentioned fun I meant actual funny, comedy, lighthearted moments where they are laughing, smiling, joking... that kind of thing.

That's fine as long as this thread stays on topic.

On that note... I am a little confused how my suggestion of 'fun' for Charlie and Angelo is related to her getting an STD? When I mentioned fun I meant actual funny, comedy, lighthearted moments where they are laughing, smiling, joking... that kind of thing.

Haven't you ever watched Buffy? syphilis IS funny. What you describe would make me turn off the tv.