Charlie/Angelo

Mistified

I think these 2 have the potential 2 be great together & i hope they end up in a long-term relationship. I know all the 'Jarlie' fans are upset by this storyline but let's face it, the chemistry between these guys is fantastic & i don't remember Charlie EVER kissing Joey the way she kisses Angelo. Before anyone says it's all about sex 4 them i actually think Charlie feels a lot more 4 him & hopefully this will be shown in the future.

That is called censorship, all non hetro-sexual kisses on shows such as H&A are designed to be tepid as not to "offend" or "upset" any person who might be watching. This is way that tv works.

In our soaps a snog is a snog, regardless of whether it's between 2 guys, 2 girls or one of each. I don't recall any of our non hetro-sexual kisses ever being censored, but yeah maybe that's how it works in oz.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think these 2 have the potential 2 be great together & i hope they end up in a long-term relationship. I know all the 'Jarlie' fans are upset by this storyline but let's face it, the chemistry between these guys is fantastic & i don't remember Charlie EVER kissing Joey the way she kisses Angelo. Before anyone says it's all about sex 4 them i actually think Charlie feels a lot more 4 him & hopefully this will be shown in the future.

That is called censorship, all non hetro-sexual kisses on shows such as H&A are designed to be tepid as not to "offend" or "upset" any person who might be watching. This is way that tv works.

In our soaps a snog is a snog, regardless of whether it's between 2 guys, 2 girls or one of each. I don't recall any of our non hetro-sexual kisses ever being censored, but yeah maybe that's how it works in oz.

That is how is works in countries outside of the UK, that is how it works in Australia. Remember Peta/Poppy on Out of the Blue and how asexual they were. Unless you are in the UK or any reasonable non-homophobic tv land you cannot compare kisses because there isn't a equal playing field.

^^ It's funny when you compare it to Christian on Eastenders who has often been seen getting off with other guys in a 7.30 or 8pm timeslot. Us lot in this part of the world must be considered lost causes if the powers that be feel they don't have to protect us from this "smut". :lol:

^Apparently Ofcom(whose name I may have got wrong)have actually gone on record as saying they apply the same rules to same-sex relationships as they do to heterosexual ones.

But that's the UK and anyway even if the regulators have the same rules it does not mean the networks will. Some will moderate things because they believe their viewers might be sensitive. I mean the viewers of Holly(goats)oaks will probably fine with Ravi/Kris making out at 7:00 at night but the viewers of Eastenders are probably more sensitive which is why they make all their gay kisses much more tepid.

I think these two have the potential two be great together & I hope they end up in a long-term relationship. I know all the 'Jarlie' fans are upset by this storyline but let's face it, the chemistry between these guys is fantastic & I don't remember Charlie EVER kissing Joey the way she kisses Angelo. Before anyone says it's all about sex for them I actually think Charlie feels a lot more for him & hopefully this will be shown in the future.

Thats not entirely true. I was a fan of Jarlie but Im loving Changelo (despite the awful name!). Although I must admit at first I was dead against this couple when they first getting together, before Jarlie happened. But now I have grown to like Angelo, I love Charlie and Angelo as a couple. I cant wait for it to develop into a proper relationship. Charlie still has some issues to work through, as I dont think she is yet fully comfortable with dating Jacks killer but hopefully she will get over that. I hope that when Charlies big secret comes out, that Angelo will be there for her.

Yeah but homosexuality was only decriminalized in Tasmania in '97... We're ever so slightly behind the UK... There's a reason why such a big deal was made about them. Australia's a lot further behind than most people think.

I didn't mind Angelo before he murdered Jack and lied to everyone and MURDERED JACK.. His return is completely unbelievable but I do love watching Watson's response to him haha She cracks me up

I dont think she is yet fully comfortable with dating Jacks killer but hopefully she will get over that.

Lol cos I know when someone I trust murders one of my good friends it really builds on that trust... :)

I do love watching Watson's response to him haha She cracks me up

I think Watson is awesome and she has great balls :lol:

She will tell people exactly what she thinks about the situation and not care what they say back. I especially loved her attack on Angelo when he first returned.

Anyway I think Angelo is one of the most self centred people ever and Charlie and Angelo deserve each other ,there as bad as each other .