Always There

Guest LauraPhilly!!

Thanks for all your comments on the last chapter,

I hope you don’t think to story is kinda losing the plot

Let me know if you do

Chapter 21

“Darling, darling, shh, it’s ok,” crooned Aden, to a wailing Lizzie. “Mummy will be home soon.”

As he began rocking her gently in his arms, Mattie walked in the backdoor.

“Have you found her?” asked Aden, frantically.

Mattie shook her head, sadly. “I’ve pretty much searched everywhere,” she said. “I’ve asked around and no one’s seen her either.”

“I don’t like it, this is unlike Belle,” said Aden, carefully laying down a now sleeping Lizzie into her cot. “Usually, she would call or something.”

“Yeah, yeah, your right,” said Mattie, folding her arms across her chest. “What do you think we should do?”

“I’m calling Charlie,” said Aden, heading for the phone. “I know it’s a bit soon for that, but I don’t like it. Something’s happened I can feel it.”

Mattie stood there watching him, while Aden waited for someone to pick up. She saw how paranoid he was. At even the tiniest sound, he looked up at the door, hoping it was Belle coming home. And every time that he realised that it wasn’t, he looked over at Lizzie. She was the one thing holding onto his sanity.

“Charlie, it’s Aden,” he said, nervously, hands shaking while he held the receiver. “Look, I’m sorry to call so late but Belle’s missing.

“And, when was the last time you saw her again?” asked Charlie, looking up momentarily from her notebook.

“Early this afternoon. We were out by one of the cliffs,” said Aden, looking nervously into her eyes. “I’d say it was around 2ish.”

“Right,” said Charlie, after she’d closed her notebook. “As Belle in his her first trimester of her pregnancy, and as you are close friends, I’m going to send out a few police cars to search the area.”

“Thank you Charlie,” said Aden, sighing gratefully.

“I, myself, shall join in the search and report back to you if we see or hear anything,” continued Charlie. “In the meantime, you are to stay here with Matilda, Aden, in case Belle should come home. She would need you both, especially you Aden.

He nodded, reluctantly. Not being involved in the case infuriated Aden. The thought of Belle being out there alone, and possibly hurt, and him that looking for her, just really frustrated and annoyed him but he knew that Charlie knew what she was talking about. He knew too that, if Belle did come back, he would want to be there for her.

“Just like I promised,” he murmured to himself.

Mattie saw his crest fallen face and walked over to him and took his hand.

“She’s going to be ok, Aden,” she said, as convincingly as she could.

Aden looked up at her. He noticed the red circles around her eyes and there were red blotches all over her face.

“I dunno what I’d do Mattie if anything happened to her,” said Aden, sincerely.

“Don’t think like that, do you hear me,” said Mattie, determinedly, shaking his arm. “She’s going to be fine, she’s going to come back to us.”

Aden absentmindedly nodded, turning to gaze out the window.

“Look I don’t care what the cops say, I’m heading out myself,” he said. “It’s killing me, just sitting here while she’s out there alone.”

“Aden, Charlie said to stay,” insisted Mattie. “What if Belle were to come home when you’re gone, hmm? You’d be the one person that she’s want and you wouldn’t be there. How do you that would make her feel?”

“That’s just a chance I’m gona have to take Mattie," said Aden, picking up his keys and jacket and heading for the door.

The cold air hit him as he walked out the door. He turned back and peeped his head in the door, just in time to see Mattie before she left the room.

“Mattie,” he called, quietly. She spun around.

“Yes, Aden,” she said, sympathetically.

“Tell Belle I love, if she comes home,” he said, leaning against the door for support.

Mattie smiled, gently. “Of course I will.”

Closing the door, Aden stepped out again into the crisp, cold air. He shuddered, as he felt the air ripple down his spine. His body craved to return to the warm, safe house that was his own but his heart, his soul craved for Belle and that was what kept him from turning back. He closed his eyes and he could see her face; her brilliant smile, her sparkling eyes. He opened them again and began walking towards the car, his determination to find her, driving him all the way.

Meanwhile, in a cold, dark, isolated alleyway, Belle was waking up.

She took in a breath of air and then winced.

My ribs, she thought.

The pain was excruciating, it was taking over her mind.

She had no idea where she was, she couldn’t move, she could barely open her eyes.

She couldn’t scream for help, she couldn’t do anything.

All she could do was wait; wait for someone, someone who would hopefully help her, help take all the pain away.

Aden, she thought, before slipping back out of consciousness.

Thanks for reading!!

xxx

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the comments, guys

Sorry for the lack in updates!!

Chapter 22

"C'mon Belle, where are you?" said Aden to himself, as he drove through the town.

The ever glowing sun was now disappearing and darkness was beginning to engulf the town. Aden was now beyond worry, he was at te point of desperation. He knew the cops had found nothing yet because Mattie would have called, and frankly, he was as lost for information on Belle's whereabouts as they were.

Just before he decided to turn back, Aden turned down one last alleyway. He had passed it several times, doubting that Belle would have any reason to be down there. But as he flashed his headlights down the lane, he saw her body sprawled across the road, her face hidden in the darkness.

"BELLE!" he cried, jumping out of the car, running down to her.

As he grew closer to her, shock filled his mind. Her body was all mangled, her arms tangled in an unatural way, her head thrown back. Bending down to her, he gently lifted her head, to view her face.

He gasped as her face came into view. He barely recognised her. Her face was covered in bruises and blood was slowly dripping out of several gashes splattered across her face.

He looked down at her body. Deciding that it might be too risky to move her, he quickly pulled out his mobile and dialled 999.

"I need an ambulance NOW, please!" he cried into the phone.

He hung up quickly after giving his details. He looked down at his wife, his insides crying out.

"It's alright, sweetheart, I'm here," he said, running his fingers gently down her cheek.

She remained as still as ever. He did not attempt to move her in anyway. He didn't want to casue her body anymore strain. He merely looked into her face, watching it stillness. Her eyes were closed, her eyelids a light purple. He continued staring into her face right up to when the ambulance arrived.

Stepping back, he let the paramedics get on with their job. He watched as they carefully loaded her into the ambulance. Saying he would come back for his car later, Aden jumped into the back and sat down beside the stretcher. He took Belle's hand, which was now covered in plasters.

He looked up into her face. She had a neck brace on, and a special support was wrapped tightly around her body. No doubt for her spine, Aden thought. He continued watching her contently all the way to the hospital. He barely registered where he was until he heard Geoff's urgent, panic - stricken voice.

"Oh my God, it's Belle," said Geoff, finally realising. He hadn't recognised her 'til he saw Aden enter the room. "Aden, how did this happen?"

"I have no idea," said Aden, waking up. "She never came home for dinner, and then I began getting worried. I called the cops eventually. Then when I went out myself I found her down this alleyway. I had never expected to find her their. Geoff, please we've got to help her!"

"We'll do everything that we can. Now," said Geoff, putting his hand against Aden's chest. "You wait out here while we get her sorted. I'll let you know when we find out what's wrong."

Aden squeezed Belle's hand once more before she was whisked away into the emergency room. Walking into the corridor, he pulled out his phone and dialled Charlie's number.

"Charlie? It's Aden," he said, while pacing the corridor. "I found Belle. I'm in the hospital now with her. Look I gotta go and call Mattie but I just thought you should know".

He paused. "Ok, thanks Charlie."

He cancelled the call. Looking up quickly for signs of Geoff, Aden sighed when he saw there was none. Dialling Mattie's number quickly, he put the phone up to his ear.

"Mattie, you've gotta get to the hospital quickly," he said, urgently. "I found Belle, she's really badly hurt. Look I gotta go but will you get here as soon as possible. Thanks, bye".

The next ten minutes for Aden, were heartbreaking. While waiting for news of Belle and Mattie's arrival, a hundred thing's went through his mind. Would Belle be ok? What about the baby? Was there spinal damage? Would she be able to walk again? He knew the none of the answers to any of these questions and that was what was eating away at him inside.

He sighed in relief as he saw Mattie walking briskly down the corridor, Lizzie in her arms, her eyes wide and alert. He frowned slightly as they approached.

"Surely you didn't have to bring Lizzie?" he said, taking her from Mattie's arms and cradling her close to his chest.

Mattie looked at him exasperatively. "Well what was I supposed to do Aden? Leave her there? Irene wasn't going to be home for hours, I called her. What kind of a godmother would I be if I just left her there? Besides, Belle would kill me."

Aden winced when she said Belle's name. Mattie looked at him sympathetically. "Was she really that bad?"

Aden nodded, gravely. "It was horrible, Mattie. You wouldn't even want to imagine it. It was bad enough having to see it."

"Have you heard anything?" asked Mattie, peering through the glass window.

Aden shook his head as he gently rocked Lizzie in his arms. "Nothing. It's killing me, all this waiting."

They stayed there for four more hours, pacing, waiting and sitting on the corridor. Every now and again, Geoff would come out and tell them what they were doing, telling them of Belle's condition.

Mattie sighed heavily, as Geoff walk through the door again. He looked at them both gravely, coming to stand still in front of them.

Aden looked straight at him. "Well?"

"There have been some difficulties, unfortunately," said Geoff slowly.

"Spit it out, Geoff," snapped Mattie.

"The poor man's dying here," she said, indicating to Aden.

Geoff looked at Aden, nervously. "I'm afraid she's lost the baby, Aden."

Aden nodded, bravely. He had expected this. He knew the baby would never have survived what happened. "What about her spine?" he asked.

Geoff swallowed nervously. "I'm afraid that's where the complication is," he said. "Her spine received a severe bashing, in a lot of places, from whatever happened. If she wakes up, she may not be able to walk for a while..."

"Wait," said Aden, thunderstruck. "'If she wakes up'?"

Geoff looked at Aden sadly. "I'm afraid she's in a coma, mate, there is a possibility she might..."

"...never come out of it," finished Aden, looking out beyond Geoff, his worst fear now a possibility.

Lizzie reached up to his face, sensing his discomfort. He rocked her gently, unable to look down at her face.

Mattie, however, was still as alert as ever. "May we see her?" she asked.

Geoff nodded. "Give me one minute to check if she's ready then I'll let you come through."

He walked back into the room, the door swinging behind him. Mattie looked up at Aden, who was still staring into space.

"Aden?" she asked, nervously.

He shook his head, and she understood. He was physically unable to talk right now. She walked away and sat down, putting her head between her hands. This could not be happening, she thought. Haven't they suffered enough as it is? Losing Elsie and Edward was bad enough, but Belle...Belle...not Belle.

She stood up suddenly when she saw Geoff come back out onto the corridor. He nodded and Aden walked into the room. Mattie sat back down, she would give them their moment.

Aden looked back and her and she smiled encouragingly. He walked into the room, clutching Lizzie tighter to his chest. He shuddered slightly when he saw Belle lying on the bed, her body covered in white badages. Slowly and carefully, he sat down in the seat beside the bed. Lizzie squirmed in his arms and he released his grip. Carefully, she climbed out of his arms and up onto Belle's bed. There she sat, staring into her Mummy's eyes, wanting them to open.

Aden watched his daughter in amazement. It was as if she understood what was going on. It was like she knew that Belle was in a critical condition. He watched as a tear rolled down her pink cheek. He gently pulled her back into the enclosure of his arms. There she snuggled her head further into his chest, clutching onto him tightly.

Aden looked back into Belle's face. She looked a bit more like herself now. All the blood and dirt had been cleared away from her face, and now that her face was clean, she was clearly recogniseable. Aden smiled to himself as he thought of what Belle would say if she knew they were all fussing over her. She loved it to a point but then it started getting old, and she started getting irritated. Aden laughed to himself gently, remembering how funny she'd be when she's be having one of he little rants.

He sat there for a while longer, remembering all their good times. It was until he realised Lizzie had fallen asleep in his lap, that he got up. Gently he propped her up in his arms. Turning back, he reached out and squeezed Belle's hand gently.

"We'll be back later," he promised, looking into her peaceful face.

Then at that point something happened which told him that Belle would be ok. The glorious early morning suddenly shone directly into the room. Suddenly, there was something about the atmosphere in the room that reassured him that everything would be ok. The twins, he thought to himself. He knew he wouldn't be able to see them, he hadn't seen them in 2 years but he knew they were there, reassuring him that Belle would be ok.

He turned and walked out of the room, confident that everything would be alright. Edward and Elsie were on it.

Thanks for reading!!

x x x x

Thanks for all your comments!!

Chapter 23

She blinked, opening her eyes a crack. She quickly closed them shut again as she saw the bright light shining down at her. It burned her eyes, they had been so used to the darkness.

She tried to move her head. She winced. The pain was too great, her neck hurt. In fact, thinking about it, her whole body hurt. She felt stiff, sore. She couldn't move. She couldn't even move her fingers. She had no control over her body, she was stuck.

She opened her eyes again, this time prepared for the light. It shone down on her, as bright as ever. This was not the sun, so she was definately not outside. From the sounds of machines buzzings beside her, she realised she was in the hospital.

Suddenly it all came flooding back. She remembered a dark face hidden in the shadows. She frowned, trying hard to remember more but it was all just a blur. She couldn't remember anything.

"Aden," she called out desperately. Her voice was no louder than a whisper.

"Aden!" she called, louder as a tear escaped from her eye.

"Hey, hey, it's ok, I'm here!" said Aden, rushing over to sit beside her.

"It's hurts," she said, wincing.

He looked at her sadly.

"I know it does, babe," he said, sympathetically. "I don't know how to help you, I'm sorry."

"Aden, it was dark, it was so dark," she whimpered, thinking back. "And cold, it was so cold"

"Shh, shh, babe," he said.

"And you weren't there," she said, fresh tears now falling down her face.

"I'm here now, it's ok," he said quickly. "Just take deep breaths."

She did so, wincing as she felt the pain travel through to her lungs.

"Aden, why can't I move?" she asked fearfully, looking into his eyes.

He sighed, sadly. "Babe, I'm afraid there was some complications. When I found you, your body was...all twisted. Geoff said that your spine took a vercious beating."

"Will I be able to walk again?" Belle asked nervously.

"I don't know, babe," said Aden, sadly. "I don't know."

Belle looked back up at the ceiling. She closed her eyes, letting the tears fall down her face. Aden saw this and stretched out his hand to rub his cheek softly. He leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers gently. He pulled back and looked into her eyes.

"Everything's going to be alright, ok?" he said, confidently. However Belle could see the uncertainty behind his eyes.

She nodded slowly, a few more tears escaping slowly from her eyes.

"She's making progress, anyway Aden, that's the most I can say," said Geoff. "Her waking up at all from the coma was an improvement. Many before her haven't been that lucky."

"I'm not talking about other people, Geoff," said Aden, irritatedly. "I'm talking about my wife!"

Geoff raised an eyebrow at him. "Yes, I understand that Aden but Belle is still too delicate for us to start any treatment on her spine. We don't want to make it any worse than it already is."

Aden turned away, breathing out heavily.

"Look I understand this is hard for you, but we can't do anything just yet," said Geoff. "Belle's in a critical enough condition at the moment, as it is. We shall start treatment tomorrow, pending her condition."

Aden nodded. He turned back and glanced into Belle's room. After seeing that she was sleeping, he decided to go back home and check up on Lizzie.

"I'm off for a while," he said, heading towards the door. "Call me if anything happens."

Geoff nodded. "You'll be the first to know."

Aden nodded appreciatively, then turned and walked out the door.

Lizzie beamed at him widely when she saw him walking in the door. She crawled over to him eagerly. He exchanged a smile with Irene as they watched her. She stopped halfway, gripping on the leg of the chair, trying to stand up. Giving up, she scrambled over to Aden's feet and reached up to him.

He lifted her up and she snuggled into his arms. She reached out and touched his face.

"Mummy," she said. Aden knew she noticed that Belle wasn't with him.

"Mummy's just a bit poorly at the moment," he said, as Lizzie played with the wedding band on his finger. "But she'll be better and back with us soon, don't worry."

Lizzie had lost interest in what he was saying and now was desperate to see what was in the package he had brought home. He chuckled at her lightly.

"Darling, that's just the mail," he said, trying to prevent her from climbing out of his arms. "You really are the funniest little thing ever."

Lizzie however was annoyed now; he hadn't brought her back anything. She squirmed in his arms. He put her back down on the floor carefully. He watched as she quickly grabbed one of her toys, then he looked back up at Irene.

"Thanks for looking after her, Irene," he said, gratefully. "You've really been a help."

She smiled. "Sure that's what family is for." She looked at him seriously. "How's Belle? Is she any different from when I saw her this morning."

Aden shook his head sadly. "She's very confused and frustrated. She can't remember what happened at all. All she can remember was a man standing in the darkness and then the rest is a blur. She's also terrified that she won't be able to walk again. I'm finding it hard to keep her calm, she's so scared over it."

Irene frowned, folding her arms across her chest. "The poor thing. When will the doctors start treatment on her spine."

Aden frowned as he remembered that earlier conversation. "They won't start until they see a difinate improvement in her condition. She's still too frail for them to attempt anything. I agree with them on that hand, but the longer Belle has to wait, the more stressed out she is becoming. I want it over and done with for her sake."

"Of course you do, love," she said. "We all hate to see her in such pain."

Aden sighed, his gaze turning to his daughter. "I'm going to take Lizzie to see her in a bit. I'm hoping the sight of her, will cheer her up a bit. No doubt she'll be glad to see her."

Irene smiled weakly. "She knows she lost the baby, right?"

Aden nodded. "She pretty much guessed actually. I didn't want to tell her but I think my expression might have given it away."

"I'm so sorry, Aden," said Irene, sadly. "For both of you."

Aden smiled at her. "Thanks Irene."

"Anyway," he said, walking over and picking up Lizzie. "I'm going to take this one out for a bit, before we go see Belle. I'm sure Lizzie would love to go for a stroll on the beach, wouldn't you sweetheart."

Lizzie nodded, squirming in excitement. They both laughed. Irene watched as Aden strapped her into the buggy.

"I'll see you two later I guess," she said as Aden pushed the buggy towards the door. "Say hi to Belle for me, won't you."

"Of course, Irene," said Aden.

"Thanks again!" he said, as he walked out the door, pushing the buggy in front of him, Irene watching them as they left.

Thanks for reading!

x x x x

Thanks for all the comments, guys!!

It's great, all the positive feedback!

Chapter 24

"Now, can you just move your fingers for me?" asked Geoff, looking up at Belle from his notebook.

Belle closed her eyes, putting all her concentration on what he asked. With all her strength, she bent her fingers, annoyed that she found such a simple task difficult. She would never take anything like that for granted again.

"Good!" said Geoff, happily, impressed by her progress. "You're definately getting better with each day that passes. If this level of progress continues, I have no doubt that you will be up on your feet again soon."

"How soon is soon?" asked Belle, as she pushed the button on her remote control to move her headrest up so she could look at Geoff clearly.

Geoff smiled sympathetically. "A few months maybe," he said. "You are doing very well though Belle, so don't let that put you down."

She nodded, just to humour him. Everything seemed to be getting her down at the moment. As Geoff left, she glanced up at the clock on the wall in front of her. Aden had been only gone for half an hour and she missed him already.

"I'm just popping out to pick Lizzie up from Mattie's," he had said.

The thought of seeing her daughter again, lightened Belle's mood. She had only seen Lizzie once seen she'd woken up. She still wasn't able to hold her though. Aden had held her lightly above Belle's chest but he hadn't been able to put her down as Belle was still very fragile. She felt pain from the slightest touch.

She let her eyes wonder around the room. In the corner of her eye, she could see the empty bed beside. She glanced over at one of the trolleys, which was stock with unopened needles and the like. She sighed impatiently. She hated hospitals. There was never anything to do unless someone was visiting you. Belle was even more restricted than most as she wasn't able to move.

The pain in her back was less noticeable now. Since she had woken up and explained her pain to Geoff, he had pumped her IV up with painkillers which were helping immensely. Aden had been with her the whole time. She missed him terrible when he was away. It was as if he had taken a part of her away with him when he left. There was always part of her missing. There always had been since the twins died. It was getting smaller and smaller though as time went on. She knew they were alright. She was at peace with their death's.

She turned her gaze to the door as she heard a small knock. She smiled brightly as she saw Aden walk in the door, Lizzie in his arms. They both smiled at her widely, Lizzie's blue eyes shining brightly.

"Hey babe, how are you?" asked Aden, kissing her forehead lightly.

"Better, thanks," she said, as he sat down. "All the more for seeing you!"

He smiled and squeezed her hand tightly. Imaptiently, Lizzie waved at Belle, trying to gain her attention.

"Yes, darling, what is it?" asked Belle, as Aden chuckled lightly.

"Mummy, home?" asked Lizzie, curiously.

Belle looked at her sadly. "No, I'm sorry sweetheart, Mummy still isn't better yet. I will be soon though."

Lizzie looked at her for a few minutes, then she stretched out to Belle. Aden glanced at her, uncertainly. Belle shook her head.

"I'm sorry, darling," she said, tears filling her eyes. "Mummy's still not well enough for hugs."

Lizzie looked at her sadly, dropping her arms by her side. She fell into Aden's chest, as tears began to fill her eyes.

"Oh, darling," said Belle desperately. "Don't cry!"

But tears had already begun to fall down Lizzie's face. Aden wrapped his arms around her comfortingly but she shook them off. She only wanted Belle.

The look of sadness on Lizzie's face, broke Belle's heart. As much as she wanted to hug her daughter, to wrap her arms around her, to fill her body with her sweet scent again, she knew she couldn't. It still hurt to much to do anything. But her heart was hurting much more now than any other part of her body was as she watched her daughter sadly.

Aden looked over and Belle, and took her hand again.

"You aren't to be blaming yourself over this ok," he said, determindly. "This isn't your fault."

Belle shook her head, as tears began to fall from her eyes to. She wasn't even able to brush them away, she just had to let them fall.

"Aden, I hate this," she said, her voice mumbled with all her crying. "I hate not being able to hug you when you come in to see me, I hate not being able to hold my daughter in my arms when she's upset. I hate this!"

Aden squeezed her hand sympathetically. "I know you do, babe," he said. "But it will get better I promise. One day you'll have all this and more, and you'll be able to appreciate it more because you'll know what it feels like not to have it."

Belle nodded, as the last tears fell from her eyes. She knew Aden was right.

Aden looked down at Lizzie again, who was now naping against his chest. He lifted her up lightly and placed her carefully down on the bed, wrapping the end of Belle's blanket around her.

"She's very tired," he said. "She misses you too. It frustrates her as to why you don't come home with us. She hates you not being there to say goodnight. I can tell. I'm not enough you see. She wants her Mummy too."

Belle nodded, as she watched them daughter sleeping peacefully beside her legs. The longing of wanting to cradle her in her arms came back again and fresh tears began to flow from her eyes.

"Belle, Belle," said Aden, rubbing reassuring circles around her palm. "Don't cry babe, please don't. I hate seeing you upset."

Belle stopped after she heard what he said. She had never thought of how much he must be hurting. She very lightly squeezed his hand, trying to hide the pain.

"I'm sorry darling," she said, looking up at him. "I've never once thought of how you must be feeling. All I've been doing is feeling sorry for myself."

Aden chuckled lightly. "Well if you can't do it now, when can you do it?"

Belle chuckled lightly, not really agreeing with him. "Have you heard much from the cops?"

His expression changed immediatly and he looked down at his hands. "They haven't found anything they can use. You were...disposed of recklessly, however whoever did this to you appears to have been careful not to leave anything behind."

He stopped. Belle said nothing. She was still soaking all the information in.

Aden looked up at her. "We will find who did this Belle," he said, determindly, and slightly vicious. "I promise."

Belle smiled at him weakly, just as the nurse came in.

"Time for your sedative, love," she said, as she pulled off the cap of the needle she carried.

Belle groaned. Aden squeezed her hand sympathetically. "I'll be here ok," he said quietly.

Belle looked away as the nurse inserted the needle into her IV and pushed down. However, she felt the effects of the drug almost immediately.

"Aden," she said, as her eyes closed, droopily.

"Yes," he said, softly.

"Promise you'll be here when I wake up."

"I promise."

And with that, she let her eyes close and she let her mind drift off to another world, a world where anything and everything could happen. A world where there was no more pain, no more sadness. A world of dreams.

Thanks for reading!

Hope ya liked it!!

x x x x

Thanks for your comments on da sneak peak!

Here's the full chapter!

Enjoy!!

Chapter 25

Her eyes fluttered open as she awoke. She blinked several times, her eyes blinded by the sudden sun light that was shining through the window. She remembered where she was. The stiffness of her bed sheets reminded her that she was still in hospital.

She opened her eyes fully and looked around the room. She smiled as she saw Aden's head lying on the edge of her bed, his hand holding hers loosely. Instinictively, she reached up and ran her fingers through his hair. She gasped. Aden awoke quickly, his eyes wide with alarm.

"Babe, what is it?" he asked, worriedly. "Are you ok?"

Belle nodded as tears ran down her cheeks. "I'm fine, i'm just having one of those moments," she said, smiling widely. "I was able to move my arm without any pain!"

Aden grinned at her. "Babe, that's great!" he said, leaning forward and pressing his lips to hers lightly. "See, you'll be back up and running in no time!"

"What time is it?" she asked, looking around the room for a clock.

"Quarter past three," said Aden, checking his watch. "You were asleep for most of the afternoon."

Belle yawned, lazily. "Do you think Rachel will let me home today?"

"I dunno, sweetheart," said Aden, as he played with a strand of her hair. "They may want to keep you in until your physio sessions are over."

"Aden, I wanna go home!" she moaned, groaning with disatisfaction.

Aden chuckled lightly. "We'll see," he said.

"I THOUGHT YOU DISPOSED OF THAT GIRL PROPERLY, YOU IDIOT!!!!" shouted one of the men fiercly. "NOW SHE'S GOING TO DOBB ME INTO THE POLICE AND I'M GONA GO DOWN FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER!!"

"HEY LOOK IT'S NOT MY FAULT," yelled the other man. "YOU WERE THE ONE WHO WAS MEANT TO DO IT. MY JOB WAS TO DISPOSE OF HER. IT'S NOT MY FAULT YOU DIDN'T DO YOUR JOB PROPERLY!!!"

"Look, it doesn't matter now," said the first man. "She's awake, from what I've heard. We can't risk her remembering what happened. You know what this means, don't you."

The other man sighed. "What should we do this time?" he asked wearily. "Maybe we could drug her up, hey? Her immune system will be so frail at the moment, it won't be able to take much."

The first man nodded. "Either way, we have to do it properly this time," he said. "That girl needs to be silenced, permanently."

Both men nodded and then walked away, each going their separate ways.

"Just a few more stretches and then we're done ok," said the nurse.

Belle groaned.

"Babe, just a few more and then you'll get to go home ok," said Aden, supportively.

She smiled at him and then turned back, focusing her concentration on the task ahead. The thought of being home again with Aden, and Lizzie propelled her and she walked forward, letting go of the bars beside her. Aden and the nurse smiled at her, impressed.

"Well done!" said the nurse, smiling at her happily. "You've made really good progress today!"

"Can I take the crutch home with me for the moment?" asked Belle, as Aden wrapped his arm around her waist, supporting her weight.

He felt her collapse against him and he knew she was tired. The day and the physio session drained the energy out of her.

"Yeah sure, of course," said the nurse. "You feel better. And say hello to your gorgeous daughter for me, would you?"

Belle and Aden smiled at her. "Of course we will," said Aden.

Picking up Belle's bag beside him, he lead her towards the door. He felt her hesistate. "Lean on me, ok," he said, tightening his grip around her waist. "I'll help you."

Belle smiled at him appreciatively and they walked slowly out the door.

"Mummy, mummy!!" said Lizzie, running across the room and jumping up into her mothers arms.

"Wow, careful sweetheart," said Aden. "Mummy's still a bit sore."

Lizzie smile turned into a frown her Belle handed her to Aden. Belle looked at her sadly.

"I'm sorry, baby," she said. "Maybe later. But you know what I would love now? A kiss from my bestest girl!"

Lizzie beamed at her and leaned out of Aden's arms to press a kiss against her cheek.

"Thank you sweetheart!" said Belle, as she pulled away.

When Aden had placed her back down on the floor again, he wrapped his arm around Belle's waist again. "You feeling ok? Lizzie can be a bit too eager sometimes."

"No, it's ok," said Belle, as she leaned into him. "I've haven't seen her this happy in ages. It was nice!"

As Aden got on the dinner, Belle just sat on the sofa, watching Lizzie play with her toys, and at times taking part. By the time dinner was ready, Belle had already been to tea twice with Lizzie and her teddy bears and was now halfway through a hair make over.

"What do you think?" asked Belle, twirling around for Aden to see. "Didn't our daughter just do a fantastic job on my hair?"

Aden looked up at Belle's hair, observing it carefully. Her originally dark brown, straight hair, was now all matted and all over the place. He chuckled lightly.

"It's absolutely fabulous!" he said, teasingly, and they both laughed.

Dinner was a fun time. Lizzie spent most of her showing Belle that she could feed herself now, and then Aden spent most of the time clearing all the food off the floor, that she had splattered everywhere.

Belle went to bed early that evening, the day having drained all the energy out of her. When she finally got into bed, she rested her head on the pillow and shut her eyes. She woke a few minutes later, after having noticed she felt pressure on her chest. She looked down to see Lizzie sleeping on her chest. She looked up just in time to see Aden enter the room.

A smile crept across her face as she felt her arms come to wrap themselves easily around her daughter's waist. Finally, she was able to hug her, hold her in her shaky arms.

She watched as Lizzie's chest rose and fell gracefully as she slept, her thumb stuck in her mouth. She snuggled down further in Belle's arms, pushing her head closer to her mother's chest.

Belle looked up at Aden and saw his face was a few inches away from hers. They exchanged a warm smile as their eyes met. And then, for the first time since the accident, Belle leaned forward and brushed her lips against his. He kissed back, tenderly. She smiled against his lips.

They pulled apart gently, as Belle felt Lizzie stir in her arms. They both looked down at their daughter as she blinked a few times, then opened her eyes wide. She smiled brightly up at them, her bright eyes shining; dancing with happiness!

Thanks for reading!!

x x x x

Thanks for all your comments,

Hope you enjoy this chapter!!

Chapter 26

"Mummy, mummy!!" cried Lizzie, from her bed, as tears rolled down her cheeks. "Mummy!!"

"Yes darling, what is it?" said Belle, running in and turning on the small light beside her bed. "What's wrong?"

"Bad dream," said Lizzie, as Belle sat down beside her.

She reached out to her. Belle looked at her hesistantly. She was still hurting, but Lizzie needed her. She would make an exception. She stretched out her arms, and ignoring the pain that shot through them, she picked Lizzie up and held her close against her chest.

"It's ok, baby," she reassured her daughter, who was shaking against her chest. "I'm here now."

She held Lizzie, rocking her gently in her arms, until she felt her daughter's breathing slow and even out. She had stopped shaking and was now drifting off to sleep again. Carefully, Belle layed her head back down against the pillow, pulling the duvet up over her gently.

She stood up and left the room quietly, leaving the door ajar, so the landing could shine through. She walked sleepily back in her's and Aden's room, her eyes closing as she climbed into the bed. She let out a deep sigh as she fell against the pillow. She relaxed completely when she felt Aden's arm come to wrap itself around her waist, pulling her back to him.

"Lizzie ok?" he asked sleepily, nuzzling his face into the back of her neck.

"Bad dream," muttered Belle, barely able to stay awake.

She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep. It seemed only seconds later when she felt someone pulling on her duvet. She opened her eyes a crack to see Lizzie standing beside the bed. She woke immediatly.

"Baby, you ok?" she asked worriedly, sitting up in the bed. Aden groaned beside her, having been woken up too.

"The dream came back," said Lizzie, her eyes wide, tears on the brim.

Belle reached out and picked her up. She winced slightly, as she felt the pain return. As she layed Lizzie down on the bed, Aden wrapped his arm around her comfortingly.

"You ok?" he asked, worriedly.

Belle nodded, smiling weakly. Lizzie got up and nestled herself in between them both, taking one of their hands and holding them close to her chest. She watched her, smiling to themselves, as she curled up against the pillow and fell asleep.

Taking their hands of her grip, they carefully slipped back into the bed. Aden pulled the duvet up over them, and then gently lay his head down beside where Lizzie slept, his eyes on her face.

He glanced over at. He smiled when he saw she was fast asleep. He reached across and ran his finger down her cheek. Smiling as he did so, he laid his hand over her and Lizzie gently, closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

"So it's been agreed we do it tomorrow," said the first man, coldy.

The second man nodded.

"You sure of the plan?" asked the first man again.

The second man nodded. "I could recite it for you if you wanted," he said, jokingly.

"Spare me," said the first man.

He looked down at his watch. "We better finish up, it's just gone eleven," he said. "Make sure you do it properly this time,"

The second man nodded. "I'll bring the girl straight back here. When you arrived, we can proceed straight onto Plan B."

The two men exchanged a look of agreement, and then turned away, going their separate ways.

"Aden, I'm going now, don't I get a kiss goodbye?" said Belle.

Aden groaned and rolled over in the bed. Belle frowned.

"Fine," she said, teasingly. "I guess I'll just have to change my mind about making love to you tonight."

Within an instant, Aden's hands were on her face and he was kissing her passionately. Belle hardly had the restraint to stop. Her overwhelming passion for him made that very hard. The thought that they would have time that night was the only thing that kept her from continuing.

"I knew that would persuade you," she said, teasingly, as she pulled away.

He pouted at her sadly, yearning for more.

"Oh now you want more!" she said, teasingly, giggling at him.

He smiled at her and pulled her back into the enclosure of his arms. She ran her fingers up his bare, muscled chest as he deepened the kiss. He held his arms tightly around her, not letting her escape. She moaned as he began trailing kisses down her jaw and on her neck.

"Aden, stop, I'm going to be late," she said, resting her weight against his arms, hoping his would let her go.

He ignored this, continuing to trail kisses down her neck. He smiled against her skin as he felt her squirm with happiness. He let her go suddenly as he felt her begin to tickle her.

"Belle!" he protested. "Why ruin the moment?"

She smiled at him, teasingly, picking up her bag beside her.

"I'll see you later," she said, kissing him again lightly.

He watched her as she left, smiling when she turned to wave him goodbye. Collapsing back against the pillow, he closed his eyes and fell back to sleep. He was awoken suddenly, by Lizzie poking him in the arm.

"Daddy you have to make me breakfast," said Lizzie, when he turned to look at her.

He groaned, turning and getting reluctantly out of the warm, comfortable bed. Lifting Lizzie up into his arms, he left the room and went downstairs into the kitchen.

"Daddy where we going?" asked Lizzie, as Aden helped her get dressed.

"We're going shopping for Mummy," said Aden, zipping up her little pink jacket.

"Yay!!" said Lizzie excitedly, jumping up and down. "Race you to the car, Daddy!"

Aden laughed as he watched her run out to the car, and jumping up into the seat. Grabbing the keys on the counter, he closed the door behind him, walking over to Lizzie, who still wasn't tall enough to get into the car on her own!

Fifteen minutes later, they were in the supermarket, Aden pushing the trolley, while Lizzie sat up in the seat, looking around at everything. Once they had everything, Aden pushed the trolley towards the cash register. As he unloaded the shopping, Lizzie managed to climb out of the trolley and jump onto the floor.

"Look what I did, Daddy!" she said, smiling proudly.

"One minute honey," said Aden, who was now paying the cash lady, unaware that Lizzie was out of the trolley.

While she waited for Aden to turn around, Lizzie walked over to the sweet counter.

Aden growled as he took the change from the cash lady. For Christ sake, he thought. Are these people blind or something? I clearly gave her fifty. How dare she accuse me of giving her forty?

"Now what is it darling?" he said, turning around, stuffing the money in his pocket.

But Lizzie wasn't in the trolley. His heart began to rase rapidly. He turned around in a full circle. He ran around to all the cash tills, all the magazine stands, all the sweet stands, but Lizzie was no where to be seen.

"LIZZIE, LIZZIE!!!!" he screamed looking frantically around the store, ignoring the faces of the bewildered people who were staring at him.

"No!" he cried, as he sank to his knees, burying his face in his hands. "Nooooooooo!!"

The first man watched as the black volvo pulled into the garage. He watched as he colleage stepped delicately out of the front seat.

"Do you have her?" he asked, excitedly.

The second man nodded and opened the back seat door. He reached in and roughly pulled at something. Growling, he bent in and lifted the girl fully out of the car.

The first man smiled as his colleage set Lizzie down in front of him, her face red from crying, her mouth sellotaped shut with duck tape.

Lizzie

Thanks for reading!!

x x x x x

Here's the full chapter!!

Hope you enjoy it!

Chapter 27

Aden sat on the wooden bench in the police station, his head in his hands. Charlie looked at at him from behind the desk. She frowned. Aden's fingers nails looked as if they were digging into his skull. She opened her mouth to say something when Belle entered the reception, her thin face pale, her eyes red from crying. Mattie followed her close behind

"Well?" she demanded, walking over to Charlie, completely ignoring Aden.

Charlie looked at her sympthetically. "I'm sorry Belle, we're doing all that we can but we haven't got anything so far."

"But you should be out there, we should be out there looking for her," she said, looking to Mattie for support. But Mattie was not beside her. She was sitting on the bench with Aden, her hand making circular movements on his back.

Belle frowned at her, annoyedly. She turned back to Charlie quickly. "There must be something we can do."

Charlie looked at her sadly. "Belle right now, you have to stay here. We'll need you and Aden to give a description to our kidnapping officer."

Belle flinched when she said Aden's name. Anger ran through her too. She was annoyed now too at her supposed-to-be best friend, who had clearly taken Aden's side. She shot a glance over at Mattie. She was whispering what sounded like soothing words to Aden. His face was still covered, he had not moved since they'd arrived.

Belle turned and sat down in other chair furthest away from them. Mattie looked up at her and was surprised to see the look of annoyance on his face. She removed her hand from Aden's back and went over and sat beside Belle.

"Hey, what was with the glare?" she asked jokingly, although seriousness ran through every word she said.

"How can you be sympathetic towards him?" asked Belle, glaring over at Aden, whose face was still hidden. "We wouldn't be in this situation if he hadn't looked after her properly?"

Mattie looked at her in shock, her mouth open with surprise. "How can you say that? How can you even think that?"

Belle chuckled. "It's quite easy really."

Mattie shook her head, trying to block out Belle's harsh words. "Look I know your hurting, and I know all this anger and frustration is coming from Lizzie missing, but please, please, don't take this out on Aden. You have no idea how he's feeling right now."

Belle laughed. "He deserves every bit of it. It's his fault we're in this mess. IT'S HIS FAULT," she screamed, standing up and pointing at Aden. "THAT OUR DAUGHTER, OUR ONE AND ONLY DAUGHTER, IS OUT THERE WITH SOME STRANGERS!!"

Finally Aden looked up and her, and somewhere, in the pit of Belle's stomach, she was shocked by what she saw. All around Aden's eyes were red and swollen. His cheeks were as pale as snow. And then his eyes, his eyes were the worst part. The baby blue color that usually shone through them, was gone. Instead, it had been replaced by a cold, dark color. Belle's eyes wondered quickly up and down his body, she was amazed. This was not the Aden she remembered. He was someone else. The Aden that she knew, had been lost, lost since Lizzie was kidnapped.

She looked back up at her face. He was looking at her. Not sympathetically, not angrily. He was just looking at her. It was impossible to read his expression.

Belle was lost for words. Instead she simply left, not looking back at any of them. And as she left, she let the tears that had suddenly come from no where fall down her face.

She regretted every word she had said about Aden since he had looked her in the eye.

Lizzie shuddered as the tall man slammed the door shut. She looked around the dark room. She couldn't see anything, it was as dark and as empty as the night sky.

She curled up into a ball, pulling her knees close up to her chest.

"Mummy?" she called out into the darkness. "Daddy?"

Tears fell silently from her face, as she waited for someone to answer. She closed her eyes tight and buried her face in her lap when none came.

"Mummy...Daddy!" she cried out. "I'm scared!"

She burst into tears as the image of her parents rose to the surface of her mind. They were smiling, looking as happy as ever.

She shivered as a cold gust of wind blew in from the broken glass window. She wrapped her arms tightly around her jacket, pulling her sleeves over her ice cold fingers.

She gasped as a thought suddenly came to her. She put her hands up over her eyes, hiding them from the darkness. She let her mind fill itself with the image of her parents, smiling down at her.

"No one can hurt me now," she murmered though her hands. "I am in my hiding place."

"Aden," said Mattie quietly, offering him a glass of water from a plastic cup.

Aden glanced at cup quickly and then waved it down. Mattie placed it on the table beside them and then turned back to Aden, putting her arm on his back once again.

They remained silent, only looking up as Charlie went in and out of her office. Each time she told them sadly that she had no news, but reassured them she would let them know if there was any.

Aden sighed, putting his head in his hands. Mattie rubbed his back soothingly.

"She's going to be fine, you hear me," she said to him. "Charlie and the guys will find her and then everything will be alright."

Aden sighed shaking his head. "Belle was right," he said, miserably. "This is all my fault."

"No Aden, it's not!" said Mattie determindly, looking at the back of his head, wishing he would look up. "And don't you ever say that again! Belle was just stressed, she wasn't thinking straight."

"She was still right though," said Aden. "Even if she didn't mean it, she was still right."

Mattie almost lost it. "Aden, look, I have seen you with that girl, ok. And believe me, you are not a lousy Dad. She are one of the best infact. You out that kids life before anything. It was the same with Edward and Elsie," she said, adding a smile as he looked up.

As his face came into full view, Mattie examined him quickly. "Right, I'm taking you home," she said, getting up off the bench. "You need a shower and a few hours sleep."

Aden shook his head. "I'm not going anywhere until Lizzie's back," he said determindly, pulling his hand out of Mattie's grip.

"I'll come straight back here and wait for news, after I drop you off," insisted Mattie. "Please Aden. Do it for me. No wait, do it for Lizzie."

Aden sighed in defeat. "Fine," he said, getting up reluctantly from the chair and heading for the door, Mattie following quickly behind him.

"Now you promise me you'll go straight to bed after you shower," said Mattie, sticking her head out the driver window.

"Yes, I promise," said Aden, smiling at her. "Thanks Mattie."

She smiled at him, then drove off, waving at him from a distance. Aden stuck the key in the back door, turned it and opened the door. His heart broke as he walked though the kitchen and into the hall. So many of Lizzie's things for scattered everywhere. He hadn't noticed before. He looked down at his feet and saw her favourite teddy bear. He bent down and picked it up. After twidsling it round in his fingers, he stood up. And in front of him was Belle, her face sombre.

"Hi," she said, looking him straight in the eye.

Aden just looked at her, the same as before. Belle stayed rooted to the spot, slightly afraid it seemed.

Belle stood looking at him for a few minutes, before bursting into tears and falling into a heap on the floor. Instinctively, Aden rushed over and lifted her up carefully, carrying her over to the sofa in the sitting room.

He sat her down carefully, before retreating to the furthest end of the sofa. Belle noticed this.

"Honey, I'm so sorry," she said, reaching for his hand.

Aden made no move in response. She looked at him sadly, more tears poring from her eyes.

"You have every reason not to forgive me, and I understand if you don't, but I just want to tell you I'm so sorry!" said Belle, bursting into tears again.

Aden couldn't bear this any longer. He shuffled down the sofa towards her. Putting his arms around her, he lifted her gently onto his lap, holding her tightly to his chest, as she sobbed into his shirt.

"Shh, shh, it's ok," he murmered into her hair. "I'm not angry with you."

This led onto more tears coming from Belle, as she wailed, and clutched his shirt tighter, holding him to her. They sat there on the sofa, Aden rocking Belle gently as she cried into his shirt.

Finally, Belle's crying subsided and she looked up at him. "I love you," she said, touching his face lightly with her fingertips. "So much."

He pressed a kiss to her forehead, leaning it against her as he pulled away.

"I know you do," he said, softly. "I feel exactly the same way."

They both groaned, then laughed, as the telephone rang. Sliding off Aden's lap, Belle pressed the phone to loudspeaker. "Hello? Belle Jefferies speaking."

"Ah, Mrs Jefferies," said the oily voice, which made Belle jump, and Aden get up from the sofa. "Just the person I wanted to speak to."

"And what is it that you wanted to speak to me about?" asked Belle, trying to hide the nervousness in her voice.

"Well, you see, we have something that belongs to you," said the voice. Belle gasped.

"Yes, I knew you would guess," siad the voice, chuckling.

"Who are you? Where have you taken my daughter?" cried Belle, as Aden pulled his mobile out of his pocket to call 999.

"Now, let's stay calm, why don't we," said the voice. "Your daughter is fine, and she will stay that way if she do as i say. Are you alone?"

"Yes," said Belle, a little too quickly. However, the man didn't seem to notice.

"Good, good," said the voice. "Now, I want you to meet us at the old Warehouse on the outskirts of the town in ten minutes, or else, your daughter shall never see her Mummy again!!"

"Ok, fine, fine," cried Belle. "I'll be there."

And then the line was dead.

Thanks for reading!!

x x x x

Thanks for your comments!!

Hope you enjoy the chapter!!

Chapter 28

Belle drew in a deep breath as she cut the engine. She looked out through the window. Infront of them, was a big, black, desolated warehouse. It had obviously been abandoned a while back.

Aden took her hand and squeezed it. "Everything's going to be ok," he said, but Belle could here the uncertainty behind his words.

"Are Charlie and the guys ready?" she asked, her voice shaking.

Aden nodded. "They're around the back. Don't worry, Charlie reassured me they are well hidden."

Belle nodded and opened the car quietly. Carefully she stepped out, walking around to the front and taking Aden's hand. They began walking towards the small door, which was almost covered by ivy. It creaked as they tried to open it.

When they'd created a big enough gap, Belle stepped inside. Aden followed her, running off into a dark corner to hide, ready to call Charlie if anything went wrong.

"Lizzie?" Belle called out, heading towards the dim light in the middle of the room.

"Ah, right on time Mrs Jefferies," said the oily voice. "Are you alone?"

"Yes," said Belle, crossing her fingers behind her back. "Now where's my daughter?"

"She's right here," said another man as he walked out of the darkness, pulling Lizzie along behind him.

As soon as she saw Belle, Lizzie struggled at the man's grip, desperate to get to her Mother. The man wrapped her arms around her tightly. Lizzie ceased to struggle; he was too strong for her.

"Please can I just hold her?" asked Belle, stretching her arms out towards Lizzie.

The second man retreated as the oily voice spoke again. "Oh I don't think so, not just yet anyway. But don't worry, Lizzie will be perfectly safe as long as you do as we wish."

Belle swallowed nervously. "What is it that you want from me?"

"Be patient my dear, we have time," said the oily voiced man, finally stepping out of the darkness.

Belle gasped as all the memories came flooding back. "You!" she said, thunderstruck.

The bank manager smiled at her wickedly. "Good to see you remember our little excursion. I would very much like to relive that again. My trip through your tunnel was exhilerating!!"

"Shut up!" screamed Belle, anger running through her.

"Ah come now..." he began, walking towards her.

He stopped, pearing at something through the darkness. Belle frowned. Then she heard the noise of a struggle. She turned around to see two men wrestling Aden to the floor. Belle gasped.

"No!" she screamed.

As she was about to the run, the bank manager wrapped his arms around her waist preventing her from going anywhere.

"Let me go," she screamed, as she struggled against his grip. "ADEN!!"

She burst into tears as she watched the men throw a couple of punches at Aden. She closed her eyes unable to watch. She wrestled harder and harder at the bank manager's grip but he continued to hold her as strong as ever, pulling her further and further away from Aden.

"No!" Belle screamed as she heard bone hit flesh again. The there was silence. She opened her eyes to see Aden lying sprawled across the ground, his face black and blue.

"Daddy no!!" cried Lizzie, from the other man's clutches.

"We caught him about to call the coppers," said one of the men, wiping what appeared like blood of his fingers.

"Thank you Max," said the bank manager.

Max smiled at him, before looking over at Belle. "Want me to take this one for you sir?"

"Yes, thank you," said the manager as Max approached.

Within an instant, Belle was in his arms, now even more powerless. She struggled again, but he never dropped his guard.

"Mummy," whispered Lizzie, as tears began to fall from her eyes.

Belle looked over at her daughter. "Shh, baby, it's ok," she said. "Everything's going to be ok."

"Daddy?" Lizzie asked, her eyes lingering over her father's still form.

For this Belle had no answer. She couldn't lie but she also couldn't tell the truth. At this point, she had no idea whether Aden was dead or alive. This, and Lizzie's crying, was what was killing her the most.

The bank manager meanwhile was still contemplating what to do. His eyes lingered on Belle. He let his eyes go up and down her slim figure. He watched as her chest heaved in and out. He watched her lips as they whispered to Lizzie. He watched her breasts, with a longing feeling.

He smiled maliciously to himself. "You know what I want my dear," he said, looking at Belle's face. "But I fear, that you are unwilling to give it to me."

Belle turned to look at him. "You are right in your assumption," she said coldly.

"Well here's the plan then," he said, winking to James. "You do what I wish, or Lizzie." He looked over at James.

Belle followed his gaze. She gasped as she saw James press a gun to Lizzie's head. Lizzie squirmed unhappily in his arms, but he tightened them.

"You wouldn't," she said, looking at him.

James nodded, curling his finger around the trigger. Then, without thinking, Belle lunged at him.

"Should we move in Charlie?" said one of the cops.

"Aden said he would call, Ben," said Charlie.

"But what..." began Ben.

He stopped suddenly as the sound of gunshot ran through the air.

"Man yourselves everyone, we're going in," yelled Charlie, before running towards the warehouse, terrified as to what she might find.

When you love someone, it is very rare that you think of anyone except that person. In this instance, love and life are very much the same. One day you will ask me which is more important, you or my life? And I will say my life, and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life.

Thanks for reading!!

x x x x

Thanks for all your comments!!

Hope you enjoy the chapter!

Chapter 29

Belle stopped suddenly, her ears ringing from the gunshot. She gasped and clutched her chest. All eyes fixated on her as she groped around her chest, looking for a wound.

She breathed a sigh of relief as she realised she was safe. The gunshot must have missed.

James glared at her menacingly. "This time you won't be so lucky," he said, raising the gun again.

Belle closed her eyes. She thought of Aden, the look on his face when he smiled. That smiled she thought to herself, that was what had won her over all those years ago. She had never loved anyone more in her life.

Suddenly, James roared as Ben jumped on his from behind. Belle opened her eyes quickly. James raised the gun again and shot up into the air. Belle watched as Lizzie thrashed against his grip, finally escaping.

Belle ran to her. Lizzie jumped up into her arms. They both burst into tears. Belle kissed on every part of her face, never wanting to let her go. She stopped, remembering Aden.

"ADEN!" she cried, turning to run over to him.

"Not so fast!" said the bank manager, jumping out in front of them.

Belle tightened her grip on Lizzie, holding her closer to her chest. As he advanced on them, Charlie walked in view, her gun pointing straight at him, threateningly.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you,", she said as she went to stand protectively in front of Belle and Lizzie, who were now couched over an unconcious Aden.

Carefully, Belle turned him over, pulling him up so he head lay in her lap. She murmered to him gently, rubbing her hand up and down his face. Lizzie crawled over beside Belle, putting her small palm on her father's shoulder.

Lizzie drew back further into Belle's chest as she felt Aden's arm twitch. Belle watched his face intently, waiting for some movement there. Aden's eyelids moved quickly. Belle sighed, he was awake.

Then he groaned. "God, I feel like I've had a hundred needles stabbed into me," he said, his eyes still closed, but Belle could hear the humour behind his words.

"Does this help?" she asked, bending down and kissing him lightly.

"Hmm, definately," he said, smiling. "But I'm gona need way before before I feel anyway better."

"We've got time for that," whispered Belle in his ear. He raised his head carefully and brushed his lips against her skin.

When she looked back up at him, his eyes were now opened. His eyes widened as he saw the extent of Belle's injuries. "Oh my God, you ok?" he asked, anxiously, as he rang his fingers lightly over the black and blue bruises on her face.

Belle shrugged. "It could have been worse," she said. "I was nearly shot!"

"WHAT?" cried Aden.

"Daddy, please don't scream," said Lizzie, as she removed her hands from her eyes. "My ear hurt."

"Oh, Lizzie," he said, sitting up gently, and pulling her into a hug. Belle saw her relax as she fell into her Dad's arms.

"Oh, darling, I was so worried," he said, taking his face in her hands. "Are you ok, did they hurt you?"

Lizzie shook her head, falling into Aden's chest again. He wrapped his arms around her tightly, as the tears he had tried to fall back fell down her face and into Lizzie's hair.

"Are you guys ok?" asked Charlie, walking over to them.

"In the circumstances, we all doing quite well, thanks," said Belle, looking at Lizzie, who was now falling asleep as Aden rocked her gently. "Charlie, you and the guys were amazing! That you so much. We owe you are lives!"

"You owe me nothing Belle," said Charlie, smiling at her. "I'm just glad, for both your sakes, that everyone turned out to be ok."

Belle nodded. "How is she?" asked Charlie, looking at Aden.

"She's ok," he said, looking down at Lizzie. "Completely exhausted. She hasn't slept a wink."

"We better get her home then," said Belle, standing up.

She looked down at Aden. "Can you walk?" she asked nervously.

Aden nodded. "I'm fine, just a bit bruised," he said. "Would you take Lizzie though babe? Just while I get up."

Belle took Lizzie from him carefully. She snuggled her close against her chest as Lizzie stuck her thumb in her mouth. She would remember this moment. She would never, ever take for Lizzie for granted ever again. She thought she had learned that lesson with the twins. She would never take for granted again the feeling of having her daughter in her arms, having her safe and warm. That was the most important thing.

Belle watched as Aden stood up. He was slower than usual. She and Charlie offered to help but Aden just waved them down. When he finally stood up, Charlie put a supporting arm around his waist.

"I'm fine Charlie, seriously," he insisted, though Belle clearly saw him wince.

"Just let me do this one thing, please Aden," pleaded Charlie.

Aden sighed in defeat and they walked back to the car together, Belle a few steps ahead of them, looking back at Aden every few minutes. After placing Lizzie in her car seat, Belle rushed to help Aden into the passenger seat.

They drove help quickly, after Aden insisted that he didn't need the hospital. "We need to get Lizzie into bed, babe," he said. "That's more important."

After helping him in the front door, Belle carried Lizzie to her room. She carefully took off her dirty clothes and slipped her into her clean Cinderella nighty. After brushing her hair lightly with the comb, she lifted her in, under the duvets. As she tucked her in, Lizzie turned and subconciously, grabbed her Barney, holding him close to her chest. Belle smiled, leaning down and kissing her forehead lightly.

"Good night dear one," she whispered. "May your dreams swallow up all you fears and only leave you filled with happiness."

Closing the bedroom door quietly, Belle headed back to the kitchen. She glanced around the room. Where is he? she thought. She passed Lizzie's door again, this time heading straight for their bedroom. She smiled as she entered the room.

Aden lay, strewn across the bed, fully clothed, and fast asleep, snoring lightly. She went over and sat on the bed beside him. She reached out and touch his bottom lip with the tip of her finger. He made no movement, his snores growing louder.

Belle smiled again, wondering what he was dreaming. She lay down on the bed beside him. Not caring that she was too fully clothed, she took his arm and wrapped it around her waist. She snuggled closer to him, laying her head beside his chest. And just as she drifted off to sleep, she felt his arm tighten around her and pull her closer.

Thanks for reading!!

I hope that was soon enough for you!! Haha!! :P

x x x x

Thanks for all the comments!!

IRELAND WON THE RBS SIX NATIONS!!!!! :) WOOHOO!!! :) :)

Hope ya like the chapter!!

Chapter 30

31 years later...

"Happy 76th birthday Mum!!" said Lizzie, happily, handing Belle her present.

"Shh!" said Belle urgently, looking up and down the ward. "Lizzie, as nice as that is, I don't need the whole world knowing my age. Besides, your father is sick enough as it is, we don't need to over excert him."

"Honey, I'm fine, ok, said Aden, croakily, raising his hands up through the wires to hold hers in his. "It's your birthday, forget about me for once."

"As if that is physical possible," said Belle, smiling at him.

"I'm serious," he said. "Go spend some time with the kids. I'm sure Ben and Carol would love a visit from their favourite Grandma, right Lizzie?"

"Yeah, Dad's right Mum, said Lizzie, earnestly. "Also, Rob hasn't seen you since we came back from Paris. He'd love to see you!"

"Fine," said Belle, sighing in defeat, grabbing her walking stick as she stood up. "Your to come back here after dropping me off though."

"Belle.." began Aden.

"No, that's fine," interrupted Lizzie. "I wasn't go to leave Dad here on his own now was I?"

Aden sighed. "I'd be fine. There are loads of nurses around."

Lizzie shook her head. "Dad, I don't care, you need the company. And I still have to tell you all about Paul and mine's time in Paris. It was the best anniversary present ever, Dad!"

Aden nodded, wearily. "I'll be here."

Lizzie blew him a kiss as she took Belle's arm. "Careful now Mum, we don't want you falling again."

Belle nodded, leaning on her daughter for support. She kept her eyes on the floor, watching her every step. She didn't want a repeat of the last time. Three weeks in hospital was enough.

"Grandma, Grandma!" cried Ben, running over to Belle and hugging her tightly around the middle. "I've missed you, how's Grandad?"

"He's much better," said Belle, running her fingers through Ben's hair.

"He sends his love and....a wispa for you and your sister," she said, pulling two chocolate bars out of handbag.

"Yay, thank you Grandma!!" said Ben, taking the wispa's, jumping up and down with excitement.

"Carol, Carol!! he said, running off through the house, looking for his sister.

"Ben, no running in the house!" said Rob, as he came into the hall. "Mum, how are you?"

"Rob, it's good to see you," said Belle, as Rob kissed her cheek. "From what Lizzie tells me you didn't want to come home! Was Paris really that good?"

Rob grinned. "Mum, you have no idea. It was the best trip of my life. You and Dad, ye shouldn't have really."

"Oh Rob, stop, it was nothing," said Belle, kindly, as they walked through to the kitchen, sitting down at the table. "You two enjoyed the break. Did you go and see all the sites."

"Yeah we did. It was amazing. We went to Versailles on the first day. Mum, it is truly amazing. The walls of each room were covered with all different coloured velvet!! It was beautiful. No wonder the french went broke!"

Belle laughed. "I have heard of Versailles, and it's beauty. I imagine it for more splendid up close."

Rob nodded, vigorously. "You have no idea. The Eiffel Tower, oh it's just beautiful. We went at night time, which mad it all the more special. Every few minutes, the tower lights up and glitters. The view from the top was incredible though. We couldn't stay very long though, Lizzie began feeling dizzy."

Belle nodded understandingly. "She was never one for heights really. I'm surprised she agreed to go up at all!"

Rob laughed. It took me forever to persuade her!! She is really quite stubborn!"

"I would really love to go to Paris," said Belle. "Aden and I went to Marseille for part of our honeymoon. I've never been to the capital though. One day..."

"How is Dad?" asked Rob, anxiously. "We came home as soon as we could. Lizzie was so upset, I was having such a hard time calming her down."

"He's getting there. The doctors said it's a miracle he came out of the coma at all," said Belle, smiling slightly. "Not many people do. As a result of the stroke though, he can't move certain parts of his body. The doctors say they will come back in time though. He just has to be patient."

"That's not one of Dad's specialties, unfortunately," said Rob, grimacing.

Belle nodded, laughing. "No, it definately is not!"

"Grandma!" cried Carol, running up to her. "Thank you so much for the chocolate. Daddy look I only ate half!"

"Well done," said Rob, smiling at her. "Shall I save the rest for after dinner?"

Carol nodded, placing the bar carefully in his hand. "Don't eat it though!"

"As if I would think of doing that!" said Rob, pretending to look surprised.

Carol looked at Belle. "He did that the last time."

Belle chuckled. "Well I'll make sure he doesn't this time!"

Carol beamed at her. "Thanks Grandma," she said, hugging her tightly. "Say hi to Grandad for me next time you see him. I miss him coming to play with us."

Belle smiled at her sympathetically. "I'll tell him sweetheart."

Carol smiled at them, then skipped off up to her room, her long blond curls swinging behind her.

Rob turned to smile at her. "How about I make you my famous coffee?"

"Why may I ask is it famous?" asked Belle, teasingly.

Rob grinned at her, taking that as a yes. "It's famous Mum because I'm making it!"

They both laughed. As Rob went over to the counter, Belle looked out the window. She watched the clouds chase each other across the clear blue skies. She observed the different grass patterns that stretched out across the countryside, in which her daughter and son-in-law lived in. She smiled as she saw the baby lambs standing closely beside their mothers. She smiled as she saw her grandson waving at her as he played in his sandbox.

Thanks for reading!!

Unfortunately, I'm in the process of wrapping this story up, so there won't be very many chapters left.

I will be writing other stories but they won't be related to this one.

Thanks for all your continuous support, it has been really inspirational to me!!

x x x x

Archived