Always There

Guest LauraPhilly!!

Sorry for the long break, I was a bit stuck for inspiration.

This chaper won't be very long but i hope u enjoy it anyway

Enjoy!

Chapter 11

"Edward, darling, is there anything you would like me to get you?" asked Belle, anxiously.

Edward shook his head. "Mum, really I'm fine", he insisted. "Just exhausted".

Belle watched his clutch his chest and cough, horsely. She winced. Going over to stand beside Aden, she whispered, "We really need Geoff to come and exmaine Edward's chest. I know he hasn't said anything but I think he's still finding it hard to breath".

Aden raised his eyebrows. "Why's that I wonder?"

Belle sighed, shaking her head. "I don't know. I still think Edward is keeping something from us. I can see it in his eyes".

Aden nodded, then looking at his watch. "We really have to go, love, or we're going to be late for the lunch".

Belle sighed. "Haven't we been to enough of those".

Aden silently agreed with her. Every year, the business in which he worked. held a dinner party for all the workers and they families. Having been in the company for over 7 years, Aden knew exactly what to expect and he knew that sitting around a dinner table, and talking all formal, was not really his and Belle's thing.

Belle walked over to Edward, who was listening to his Ipod. "We'll be back in a few hours, darling", she said, after he pulled his earphones out. "Your father and I have to go to one of his dinner parties".

Edward grimaced at her. "Rather you than me!"

Belle laughed. "Thanks for the support, darling", she said, teasingly.

Edward nodded, leaning forward and hugging her gently, while Aden slapped him on the shoulder lightly.

"Don't get up to too much mischief while we're out, please", he said, seriously.

Edward laughed. "Like I can do much seeing as I'm stuck in this bed".

They all laughed, then Belle and Aden left, Belle blowing Edward a kiss on the way out.

Snuggling into his bed sheets, Edward turned on his side, trying to get some sleep. Then suddenly he felt his chest caving in on him, his lungs unable to breathe in oxygen.

Next to him, the machines starting buzzing, even more so as Edward slipped out of consciousness. The beeping alerted the nurses and Edward was immediatly whisked off to the emergency room.

"He's crashing", said the doctor, pulling on his plastic gloves. "I need the electrodes NOW!"

Preshing the electrodes to his chest, the doctor shouted, "CLEAR!". All the nurses stood back, as Edward's back arched then fell. One of the young nurses crossed her fingers, hoping that the young boy that lay in front of her would live.

She held her breath as the doctor went over to exmaine the monitor, gasping when she heard his reply.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really really really sorry for doing this but it just kinda has to happen

things will get happier from now on, I promise

Enjoy (as best ye can!)

Chapter 12

'The hardest thing about dreaming about someone you love,

Is to wake up,

But if the only place i could see you was in my dreams,

i would sleep forever'

"Where is he?" asked Belle, running down the corridor to Geoff, grabbing his hand.

He turned to face her. "I'm so sorry",

Belle gasped, Aden just looked at Geoff, completely horrified.

"He's not...dead", said Geoff, immediatly erasing what they had been thinking. "Not really. But I'm afraid he's on a life support machine".

Belle put her hand to her mouth. "No, no", she sobbed. "NO!"

She fell to her knees, gripping onto Geoff's jacket for support. Geoff bent down, and putting his arms on her shoulders, he helped her to stand up. She turned around to Aden and put her arms around his neck. He held her close as she cried into his chest.

"Geoff..." he said, lost for words.

Geoff shook his head. "I'm sorry, Aden. It's out of our control now".

"May we see him?" asked Belle, pulling away from Aden. He, however, still kept his arm around her waist.

Geoff nodded and led them through the door. Trying to ignore all the buzzing machines that were attached to him, Aden and Belle went over and sat beside their son, Belle taking his hand and rubbing it gently.

"How?" she asked, not looking away from Edward's face.

"Due to the heroin, Edward's body had an immediate, catastrophic reaction which caused the first cardiac arrested", said Geoff. Belle winced at his words. "However, unknown to us at the time, his body was still suffering the after effects of the heroin. Eventually, Edward's body was just unable to cope and his organs began to shut down. When..."

He stopped when he saw Belle raise her arm. "Please stop, I can't listen to this".

"Can he hear us?" asked Aden.

Geoff nodded. "Most likely. I'll give you two a few moments. I'll be just outside on the corridor when your ready."

Aden and Belle nodded, both understanding the message that lay within Geoff's words. They knew that, quite soon, the time would come where they would have to turn off Edward's life support. It wasn't fair to him to keep it on.

Belle took both Edward's hands in hers and breathed in deeply. "Edward, darling, from the moment I set eyes on you and your sister when you arrived, I knew that the two of you were the most important people in my life, including your father. It gave me complete and utter joy to be the mother of the two most beautiful babies I'd ever seen and even more joy and happiness to watch you grow up in front of my eyes. From when you were wearing nappies, to you and Elsie going to playschool, to you entering Summer Bay High and to now. I know that the last few months have been tough for you and I only wish now that I had been there for you more. I wish I had been a better Mother. To both you, and Elsie".

She stopped to brush away the tears that were now falling down her face.

"I am just so sorry, Edward. And I want you to know that I will be thinking of you and your sister every second of my life and I look forward to the day when I will both get to see you again. Goodbye my son, my life, my joy".

She stood up and pressed a kiss to his forehead. Never had she wanted to be dead so much, just to be there with her son, her daughter. But she knew that Aden needed her, and that she needed him. Life for her would just be like walking down a never ending road if she didn't have Aden. When she was with him, she knew her purpose in life.

She got up and left the room quietly, giving Aden some time to be alone with his son, shutting the door on the way out. She stood waiting in the corridor, leaning against the wall. After struggling so long to not cry, she finally burst into tears and slid down the wall, hiding her face in between her legs. She had just said goodbye to her son, her only son, her only child. She had lost two of the most inportant people in her life in less than a year. She had lost her two wonderful children.

She sat there on the floor crying her eyes out until Aden came out onto the corridor. Rushing down to her, he put his arms around her and pulled her into his chest. She lay there crying into his shirt. Although his presence made her feel better, it still couldn't keep back the tears that continued flowing down her face. Aden rocked her gently, hoping that would help. When she eventually stopped crying, he put his arm underneath her legs and lifted her up from the floor. Placing on her feet, he wrapped his arms around her again, and pulled her back into a hug. Burying her head in his chest, she smiled slightly felling the warmth and comfort that radiated off his skin. She could never get enough of Aden's hug. If she had it her way, she would stay in his arms forever.

Pulling away slightly, Aden put his hands on either side of her face. "You ready?" he asked, looking into her eyes.

She nodded nervously. He took her hand and squeezed it tightly.

"I'll be there with you, alright", he said, supportively. "You'll be ok".

After calling Geoff back into the room, Aden took his place beside Edward's bed, pulling Belle over to sit on his lap. Placing her hand on top of the one that held Edward's, Belle drew herself closer to Aden.

Exchanging a final look, Belle and Aden nodded to Geoff. Very slowly, Geoff walked over and put his hand round the back of the machine. Belle held her breath, as Geoff put his finger on the switch and pressed down.

As the machine's buzzing began to die away, Belle squeezed tightly on Edward's hand, which was enclosed in Aden's. Unable to take their eyes off their peaceful son, they sat there waiting for the last beeps to stop.

When all was finally quiet, Geoff quietly slipped out of the room. Belle layed her head on Aden's shoulder, not taking her eyes off Edward once. Aden turned and buried his face in his hair. She closed her eyes. Then she smiled. There, in her mind, stood Edward and Elsie, holding hands and smiling at her. They both waved. Then they turned around and disappeared into the bright, yellow light, swinging their arms and smiling.

Thanks for reading!

x x x x

Oh thank God, I thought you'd all hate me, or tell me it was stupid that I killed off Edward.

Thanks so much for the support.

I promise the story will be happier from now on.

Enjoy!

Chapter 13

2 years later...

"Belle, where are you?" shouted Aden up the stairs. "You know Nicole doesn't like it when we're late".

"Hang on", said Belle. "I'll be down in a minute, I'm just hoovering Elsie's room".

While Aden stood waiting in the hall, Belle finished the hoovering, the sitting down on Elsie's bed, she took the photo of her off the window sill and looked at it. She smiled, running her fingers down the glass frame. "You were so beautiful". she murmered.

"Belle!"

"Coming, coming", said Belle, smoothing the duvet, then running into Edward's room to grap her phone, that she had left on his desk. Glancing over it once more, making sure everything was the way he used to like it, she smiled, running down the stairs to join Aden.

"Ready?" he asked, taking her hand.

"As I'll ever be", she said, walking out the door.

Aden smiled at her, then closed the door behind them.

"What so your asking us to adopt this little girl?" said Aden, in disbelief, to Nicole.

Nicole sighed. "Look Aden, this is my job ok. Deal with it".

"Doesn't she have any other family though?" he asked.

Nicole shook her head, sadly. "Her entire family were wiped out in that hurricane that hit the north side last week. I turned to the two of you because I knew that you are, were, fantastic parents, and because you guys deserve a second chance at parenthood. Please just consider it!"

"How old is she?" asked Belle, softly.

"Six months", said Nicole, sadly.

Belle gasped. "Oh, Aden!"

Taking his wife's hands, Aden turned to Nicole. "Can you give us a few minutes, please?"

Nicole nodded and left the room quietly, shutting the door behind her. Aden turned to face Belle.

"Oh, please Aden, please!" she begged him.

"Belle, are you sure we can do this?" he asked, rubbing her arm. "You were so upset and depressed after Edward passed away, I'd hate for anything bad to happen to this child and then for you to be hurting again."

Belle shook her head. "Aden, I'm not sad for Edward and Elsie anymore. Yes, I still miss them all the time but I'm at peace with what happened. Their in a better place now, a place that they were destined to be in, and their happy there. But in that room", she said, pointing to the door beyond Nicole's desk. "Is a child without a parent, or family member, in the world. If we walk away from this now, that child might grow up, feeling completely alone, and we both know what that feels like".

Aden sighed. "Belle..."

"I miss being a Mum, Aden", said Belle. "Surely you feel the same way about being a Dad".

Aden nodded, knowing she was right. He missed being a Dad more than even Belle realised. He missed playing footy with Edward on a Sunday or helping Elsie with her Math homework. He missed his kids.

Looking at at Belle, he smiled. "Shall we ask Nicole if we can meet her?"

A smile broke out on Belle's face as she threw her arms around Aden's neck.

"I love you", he murmered into her hair. "More than anything".

She smiled and hugged him tighter. "I love you too", she said.

Aden stood up and opened the door. "Nicole, would you mind introducing us to...?"

"Lizzie", she said, smiling at them, leading them through the door to the nursery.

Walking past at least a dozen cots, Nicole stopped at a little, white one in the corner of the room.

"Shh", she said, putting a finger to her mouth. "She's sleeping".

Belle and Aden gasped, quietly, as they saw the little baby girl sleeping peacefully. Her little, tiny fingers were curled up around her pink blanket. Belle smiled, reaching out to touch her little fingers. "She's gorgeous".

Grabbing Aden's arm, she pulled him closer. Reluctantly, he ran his index finger down her cheek, stopping at her chin. Lizzie stirred, slightly and grabbed his finger with her hands. Aden smiled, looking over at Belle. She grinned at him.

"Can we hold her?" asked Belle, looking over at Nicole. She nodded and Belle very gently lifted Lizzie out of her cot, snuggling her into her chest. Still holding onto Aden's finger, Lizzie looked up at Belle, through her big, blue eyes.

"Look!" whispered Belle. "She even has your eyes!"

Aden smiled and rubbed Lizzie's finger, that held his, with his thumb. She turned her gaze to him, curiously. Letting go of Aden's finger, she put her thumb in her mouth and sucked it. Snuggling closer into Belle's chest, she closed her eyes and went asleep.

Turning to look at Aden, Belle mouthed to him, pleading that they adopt Lizzie. Aden sighed, knowing that he had lost the battle. He had fallen in love with Lizzie from the moment he'd set eyes on her, and it was obvious that Belle felt the same. He grinned at her, leaning in and kissing her lightly. Belle smiled at him, radiantly, her green eyes sparkling like emeralds. Aden hadn't seen her this happy in such a long time. Putting his arm around her and Lizzie, he relaxed. As he felt Belle lean in against he, he kissed her hair.

Although, Belle and Aden couldn't see it or feel it, Edward and Elsie were looking down on them from above. Elsie smiled as she took Edward's hand.

"See", she said. "They are at peace".

Edward nodded, agreeing with her. "You were right to send them Lizzie. She will help them".

Then, as they saw Aden and Belle sign the adoption papers, they smiled, the feeling of happiness overcoming them. They laughed at themselves, Elsie leaning against Edward's shoulder, as they looked down on their parents, and their new adopted sister.

Thanks for reading!

x x x x

Hey!

Sorry for the gap in updates.

Ive been kinda busy lately, studying and stuff.

Enjoy!

Chapter 14

"Aden, it's your turn", murmered Belle against the pillow, as she heard Lizzie crying from her cot next door.

Aden groaned. As much as he loved Lizzie, he still felt awkward calling her his daughter. He'd hold her close and play with her but yet there was still a barrier there that prevented him from fully accepting her. Every time he looked into her eyes, he could see a tiny piece of the children he had lost.

Reluctantly getting out of the warm bed, Aden walked sleepily into the nursery and over to Lizzie's cot.

"Shh, shh", he whispered, lifting her from the cot and holding her close to his chest.

She reached out and touched his face with her little fingers as the tears died away.

"There we go, gorgeous", said Aden, cradling her in his arms.

He smiled as he watched her drift off to sleep. She was, most definately, one of the most beautiful babies he had ever seen and there was no doubt that she would grow up to be absolutely stunning.

Aden sighed, his heart aching with pain. He loved Lizzie with all his heart but even though she lay there asleep in his arms, there bodies touching, he still felt distant from her, that invisible barrier still as inpenetrable as ever.

Carefully placing her back into her cot again, he turned and left the room, closing the door quietly behind him. As he slipped into the bed, he felt Belle's arm come to wrap itself around his waist.

"Is she ok?" she asked, through the darkness.

Aden sighed. "Yes, she's fine. She just nodded off again."

"I know your finding it hard, love," said Belle, resting her head gently on his shoulder.

"I don't know what to do, Belle", said Aden, searching for Belle's hand. Realising what he was doing, she reached out and their hands met.

"I love her, Belle", he said, interwining his fingers in hers. "I really do. I hate it that I can't feel as close to her as you do."

"Aden, this was never going to be easy," said Belle. "You're putting too much pressure on yourself. These things take time. You can't be expected to accept her as your daughter straight away. It has to feel right before it is right."

"Belle, I don't want it to take time. I don't want it to be ages until I finally accept her". he protested. "I want it to all happen now!"

After a few minutes silence, Aden realised that Belle had fallen asleep. Rolling over onto his other side, he stared out into the darkness, deep in thought. His feelings confused and frustrated him. His heart loved Lizzie with all its being but his body and soul was still unsure. He didn't want Lizzie to grow up and feel like she couldn't talk to him. He didn't want her to feel less loved. He wanted her to be loved and adored like any daughter of his should. However, he knew that this would take time.

"Dad's finding it tough", said Edward, as he looked down on his father.

Elsie nodded. "I wish there was some way we could help him", said Edward. He looked over at Elsie.

She sighed. "Edward, don't look at me like that", she said. "You know we can't do anything. We'll just have to hope that he finds a way to get through this problem."

Edward nodded, turning back to watch Aden, who was now thrashing and turning in the bed.

"Mum will help him", said Edward, confidently, as his gaze came to rest on his mother, who was now awake, trying to calm Aden down.

Elsie sighed as she watched her Belle comforting Aden with her words. She only hoped that their mother's guidance would be enough to help their father in his time of trouble.

"I don't know what to do, Irene," said Belle, as she watched Lizzie play with her teddy in her cot. "Aden's finding it so hard and he's putting so much pressure on himself, trying to love Lizzie, I'm afraid he's going to crack up!"

Irene sighed. "Darl, try to understand it from Aden's point of view. Two years ago, you had two beautiful, lively teenagers and then in a matter of month's, they were both gone. Then, Lizzie came along. To him, it probably feels like Edward and Elsie have been replaced."

Belle was stunned by her words. "Irene, no one will ever, ever replace Edward and Elsie. No one could ever even come close, except maybe..." her voice trailed away as she realised what she was about to say.

"Lizzie?" asked Irene. Belle nodded, sheepishly. "You see, darl, that's probably the reason behind Aden's troubles. Two years is not really enough to heal the wound that you both received from losing Edward and Elsie.

Now", said Irene, as she saw Belle about to protest. "I know that's different for you, darl, but you've always been the strong type. Aden however, not always."

"But Irene, what can I do to show him that's not true," asked Belle, anxiously.

Irene sighed. "I'm afraid, darl, the damage has already been done", she said, sadly. "From the day you two signed those adoption forms".

Belle stopped, remembering that day. She groaned as she remembered how reluctant Aden had been, how he said they should think about it before adopting Lizzie straight away. He had said he didn't want her to get hurt again, but now Belle realised that there may have been another reason. Her hastiness to adopt Lizzie may have been the sole benefactor for the pain that Aden was going through right now. Her selfishness may have been the reason for Aden to feel that his children, his once pride and joy, had been...replaced.

Hope you like it!

Thanks for reading

x x x

Thanks for all your lovely comments!

Hope u enjoy this chapter!!

Chapter 15

"Elsie, what are we going to do?" asked Edward, exasperatedly. "Its been two months now since Mum and Dad adopted Lizzie, but Dad's still having problems. It pains me to watch!"

"Edward, I'm not a magician, or anything!" said Elsie, angrily. "I can't just fly down to earth and help him. In case you haven't noticed we're kinda stuck here!!"

Edward laughed, sarcastically. "Eh, Else, I kinda noticed that a few years ago".

She frowned. "I'm being perfectly serious, Edward. Physically, there is nothing we can do".

"I don't mean physically, I mean spiritually", explained Edward, impatiently. "Can't we zoom don't into his head, or something, like you did on the day of your funeral?"

Elsie looked away thoughtfully. "I forgot about that", she said. "Let's try!"

Aden growled slightly as he tossed and turned in bed, trying to get to sleep. He stopped, afraid of waking Belle. He turned over to look at her. Her face was turned away, but Aden could see her body rise and fall gracefully with every intake of breath. He let his hand glide down her arm. She turned around to face him, eyes still closed.

"You ok?" she asked sleepily.

"Yeah, I'm fine", he said, trying to reassure her. "You go back to sleep".

"Ok", she said, rolling over and drifting back off to sleep.

Instead of copying her, Aden got up and headed for the stairs, careful trying not to make any noise. He heard Lizzie cry out in her sleep so he walked quietly into her room. She was squirming in her cot, something obviously bothering her.

Carefully, Aden placed his arms under her and lifted her out of her cot. She immediatly pressed her palm to his face while he cradled her in his arms. Although he stood there willingly, trying to coerse his beautiful daughter, his still felt nothing. Yeah, technically she was his daughter, but it didn't feel like she was at all. As he stood there, holding her tightly, a sudden gush of wind came at him from nowhere.

He turned around quickly, stunned as to where it came from as none of the windows where open. As he was about to turn back to Lizzie, he heard Elsie's voice.

"Dad, it's me, Elsie", she said, gently. "Can you hear me?"

Aden shook his head a couple of times. Surely he was just imagining things. Surely that wasn't his late daughter's voice that he heard.

"I'm here too, Dad", said Edward.

I'm just imagining things, thought Aden.

"No, Dad, your not", said Elsie, her voice as clear as a bell in his head.

"Elsie,...Edward! Is that really you?" he thought, completely amazed.

"It's us, Dad!" reassured Edward. "We're here to help you".

But guys, wait, there so much I need to say to you, so much we need to talk about, protested Aden, in his head.

"We're here about that, Dad", said Elsie, gently. "We're here to help you over your problem with Lizzie. We know you've been finding it tough lately".

Aden sighed. Guys, what am I going to do. I've tried I really have, but the memory of you two has just been stopping me.

"Dad, we're ok with this", reassured Edward. "We think it's good that you and Mum have another chance of being parents".

Your Mother's been trying so hard to help me lately, thought Aden, sighing in frustration. I just wish I could get over this problem, and love Lizzie properly, like a Dad should.

"Dad, your being too hard on yourself. You need to cut yourself some slack", said Edward. "This hasn't been easy for you".

It's just.... began Aden.

"Dad, listen to us please!!" said Elsie, persistantly. "Ed and me don't mind if you love Lizzie more than you loved us. We want this for you, we want you and Mum to be happy more than anything else in the world".

Thanks guys, said Aden, smiling slightly. You've really helped. But just so you know, no one, I repeat no one, will ever replace the feelings your Mother and I had for the two of you. The two of you were the most important people in our lives, and although you aren't here with us anymore, we still love you with all our hearts.

"Thanks, Dad!" said Edward. "We love you too!"

"More than ever now that we can't be with you", said Elsie.

Then Aden felt the strong gush of wind hit him again and then he knew they were gone. Looking down, he smiled as he saw that Lizzie had fallen asleep, again, in his arms. Kissing her forehead lightly, he layed her down in his cot, wrapping her warm blanket around her.

The next morning, Belle woke up to the smell of cooking. Grabbing her dressing gown, she went downstairs and towards the kitchen, where she saw Aden holding Lizzie up in his left arm and mixing an egg with his right.

"What's this?" she asked, surprised.

"Oh, nothing. Lizzie's just helping Daddy make Mummy her breakfast", said Aden, grinning at his daughter, who was now clutching a wooden spoon. "We were going to bring it up to you but you're already awake".

"Ah, you didn't have to!" said Belle, as Aden put a plate of rashers, sausages and scrambled egg in front of her.

"It was no trouble, love", said Aden, casually. "Besides, Lizzie loved helping, didn't you gorgeous?"

Belle smiled as she saw her husband, playing and smiling with their new daughter. She didn't know what had happened, but she knew that something was different about Aden. Now, he was so much more relaxed, so much more himself. As he turned to look at her, it wasn't his smile that caught her attention, it was his eyes. Those baby blue eyes that she had fallen in love with all those years ago, were now sparkling like diamonds. Belle smiled back at him, as she felt her whole body begin to bubble with a kind of excitement. They were now the family that they once had been, all those years ago, and she loved it. She really, really loved it!!

Thanks for reading!

x x x x

Thanks for all your comments!!

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Chapter 16

6 months later...

Belle woke early that Saturday morning. Leaning against the headboard, she sat up in the bed. She looked over at Aden who was spleeping on his chest, his head turned away from her. She ran her fingers down his back. His head jerked up and he turned to look at her.

"Hey," he said, sleepily.

"Hey," she replied, smiling at him, touching his face lightly with her fingers.

"You're up early!" he said, leaning over her to look at the small alarm clock on the bedside locker.

"Yeah, I know," she said, running her fingers through her hair. "My body alarm clock is all wonky at the moment".

"Why's that?" asked Aden, sitting up straight.

She snuggled closer into his chest as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. She shrugged as she let her hand run down the flat planes in his chest. She marveled at how muscular he felt. She smiled to her; she had always loved that about him.

"Maybe it's because your body is so use to waking up for Lizzie, in the middle of the night", he suggested, playing absentmindly with a strand of her hair. "I doubt that habbit is hard to kick".

"Probably," said Belle, too tired to argue.

She sighed, heavily, beginning to feel sleepy again. Aden wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"Are you ok?" he asked, anxiously.

When she didn't reply, he looked down at her. He smiled when he saw that she had fallen asleep again. As Belle had been up most night's with Lizzie, Aden felt she more than deserved to sleep in that morning. Gently, he removed her hand from his chest and lifted back down onto the mattress, resting her head carefully on the pillow. He smiled as he watched her sleep. She was truly the most amazing person he had ever met. Not many people could deal with cancer, have both their kids die, and then adopt another child.

Just as he began to think of Lizzie, he heard her cry out from the nursery across the landing. He ran to her room quietly, not wanting to wake Belle. As he approached Lizzie's cot, he heard her stop crying. She knew that someone had heard her. Most of the time, she only cried out for to seek attention, which usually proved successful. Aden had laughed when Belle put this theory to him, but the more he witnessed it happen, the more he believe what she said. As he looked down at her, a smiled broke out on her face, and she squirmed under her blankets. From the moment Aden had finally clicked with Lizzie, the two had been nearly inseparable. Belle always said to everyone that Lizzie would grow up to be a Daddy's girl and everyone pretty much agreed with her. Aden dotted on her every second of the day, always being there when she wanted him, always had something for her when he came home from work.

"Careful, I might begin to feel replaced!" Belle had said, teasingly. However this had quickly been silenced, quickly and affectively.

As Aden reached out to pick her up, she squirmed with excitement. He chuckled at her softly as he picked her up gently and hugged her tightly to his chest. She pressed her tiny fingers against his face as he walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. Propping her up in her highchair, Aden set about to make the breakfast. Lizzie watched him in fascination as he made her breakfast (Mushed up banana and weetabix), willing accepting a mouthful as he offered her the spoon.

As soon as she had finished, Aden set about to make Belle her favourite breakfast, scrambled eggs, rasher, sausages and pudding. As Aden served it up onto a plate, Belle appeared at the end of the stairs.

"I knew there was a reason I married you!" she said, teasingly, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him passionately.

He accepted this albeit random act willing, winding his arms around her waist, hugging her tightly to his chest. She smiled against his lips, kissing him more passionately, making the most of the moment.

As they broke apart for air, Aden looked at her in surprise. "I love you too!"

She grinned and him, leaning in and kissing him again. This did not last long as Lizzie, who was tired of not being centre of attention, began wacking her spoon of her bowl. They pulled apart and Belle went over to kiss Lizzie good morning.

"You're getting more beautiful by the day, aren't you princess?" she cooed.

Lizzie grinned at her, displaying her new teeth, and reached out to touch her face lightly.

"Two more of those appeared yesterday," said Aden, indicating to her teeth. "They don't seem to be bothering her yet, oddly enough. I remember Edward and Elsie had a horrid time of it."

Belle nodded, not really listening to him. She was too engrossed in her beautiful little daughter, to pay attention to anything else.

They quickly ate their beakfast, Aden rushing off to get changed as he had work. Rushing down the stairs, his tie still undone, he grabbed his briefcase.

"I should be home for lunch around one, is that ok?" he said, his face flushed from rushing.

Belle nodded, lifting Lizzie out of her high chair and propping her up in her arms. "Yeah, of course, we'll see you then."

Smiling at them, he walked over and kissed them both quickly on the forehead.

"Love you both," he said, when he was at the door.

"We love you too!" said Belle, laughing slightly at Lizzie, who was now waving franticly at Aden.

He joined in, then blowing them both a kiss, he rounded the corner andwas gone. Belle set to work quickly, loading the dishwasher from all the breakfast wear, took Lizzie upstairs and they both got dressed and by the time they got downstairs, there was someone at the door.

"Knock, knock!" said a friendly voice, tapping their hand lightly on the backdoor.

"Mattie!" said Belle, rushing over and hugging her best friend with her free arm. "Oh my God, I can't believe you're here. You told me you wouldn't be able to get out of work until the summer."

"Well", said Mattie, excitedly. "Now that I'm the director, I think it's ok to give myself some days off."

Belle nearly screamed with happiness. "You got the promotion!" she said, excitedly, shifting Lizzie's weight to her other arm. Lizzie was nestled into her neck, quietly playing the necklace Belle was wearing. "Oh, Mattie, I'm so happy for you!"

"Oh, never mind me, what about you?" she said, looking over at Lizzie. "You and Aden must be thrilled to be parents again? She's so gorgeous, Belle. I'm so happy for you!"

Belle grinned. "Thanks Mattie! It was a bit hard for Aden at the beginning, he still hadn't learnt to deal with Edward and Elsie's death but he and Lizzie started making progress, and now things are better than ever. The two of them are inseparable!"

"That's great!" said Mattie, she said as she watched. She reached out her hands, slightly. "Could I hold her, d'you think?"

"Yeah, of course!" said Belle, eagerly, lifting Lizzie away from her neck and snuggling her into Mattie arms. "Lizzie would love to get a hug from her Godmother!"

Mattie looked up at her. "Oh my God, Belle, thank you so much, you the bestest friend anyone could ever have!"

"I've heard that", said Belle, laughing.

Mattie looked back down at Lizzie, as she felt her tiny fingers touch her neck. When her face was within her reach, Lizzie reached out and pressed the palm of her hand gently to Mattie's cheek.

"You are the most beautiful baby I have ever seen", she said gently, looking into Lizzie's eyes. "The most beautiful.."

After a few minutes, Lizzie began to squirm, trying to reach out to Belle.

"Sorry," said Belle, apologetically, accepting Lizzie out of her friend's arms. "When she's tired she has a thing about being in my arms before she nodds off. Aden says it a Mother thing."

Mattie nodded, approvingly. "He's right too." She looked around the room. "Where is Aden anyway?"

"Oh, he's at work," whispered Belle, as she rocked Lizzie to sleep in her arms. "Stay for dinner though, he'd love to see you."

Oh no, I really shouldn't," objected Mattie.

"Aw, please Mattie, please!" pleaded Belle, pouting at her.

Mattie sighed, laughing gently. "Fine," she said, giving up. "But the two of you aren't to go to any trouble ok."

"Lovely weather we're having isn't it!" said Belle, purposely ignoring her request, as she laid down Lizzie, pulling a blanket over her.

"BELLE!" hissed Mattie, not wanting to wake Lizzie up.

"Fine," said Belle, giving in, walking into the kitchen. "But I'm making a chocolate gateau!"

Mattie growled, however giving in as she followed her best friend into the kitchen, leaving a peaceful Lizzie sleeping quietly on the sofa.

Thanks for reading!

x x x x

Thanks for all your comments on the last chapter!!

Here's the next!

Enjoy!!

Chapter 17

"Well guys, that was just delicious, thank you so much for having me," said Mattie, as she put her knife and fork down. "Aden, where did you learn to cook like that?"

Aden chuckled, lightly. "Roman," he said, resting his arm on the back of Belle's chair. "A few years of living with him rubs off on you!" Beside him, Lizzie yawned.

"It's time for someone to go to bed," said Belle, rising from her chair.

"Oh let me!" begged Mattie. "I'd love to put my favourite goddaughter to bed!"

Lizzie beamed at her, as if she had understood her words, and reached out to her, squirming in her highchair. Belle and Aden laughed gently at her, as Mattie lifted her from the chair.

As they walked off towards the stairs, Belle took Aden's hand. "That was really lovely," she tol him, fondly.

He smiled, reaching out and stroking her cheek. She leaned in and their lips met. Their kiss was slow at first, but then it grew, becoming passionate and vibrant. As Aden pulled her onto his lap, Belle wrapped her arms around his neck, her hands running through his hair.

"Oh!" said Mattie, appearing at the door, looking startled and embarassed.

They drew apart, and stood up from the table, only linked by hands.

"I can go..." began Mattie, pointing towards the door.

Aden chuckled. "Nah, it's alright, Mattie."

"Later" he said, bending down and whispering into Belle's ear. She squirmed with excitement and clutched his hand tightly. Mattie raised an eyebrow at her.

"What joke did I miss?" she asked, looking at Aden.

He shook his head, elbowing Belle slightly. "It's nothing!" he said.

Mattie looked at him sceptically, however she let it go. "Well guys, I'm going to take off," she said, grabbing her bag. "But thank you so much for the dinner. It was really lovely. Hopefully, I'll see you guys, and Lizzie, again som3time tomorrow."

"We'd love that," said Aden, as Belle wrapped her arm around his waist, resting her head against his chest. "And I'm sure Lizzie would too!"

Mattie beamed at them. "Guys, thank you so much for making me her godmother, she really is the most beautiful little girl ever. You two must be so proud."

They nodded their heads. "We really are, and thanks again, Mattie!" said Belle. "It was great having you!"

She smiled at them both, gave them both fleeting hugd and then left, blwing them kisses on the way out. Belle turned to face Aden, placing her arms lightly on his shoulders. He wrapped his arms around her waist, and leaned down and kissed her lightly.

She smiled at him, then yawned. "God, I'm so tired," she said. "I think I might just take a shower and hit the sack."

Aden grinned at her. "Want help with that?"

She grinned back, taking his hand and pulling him up the stairs.

"So keep ya love locked down, ya loved locked down

Keepin ya love locked down, ya love locked down

Now keepin ya love locked down, ya..."

Aden groaned. "Belle, your phone," he mumered into the back of her hair.

He felt a cold breeze hit his chest, as she moved forward, stretching out her arm to reach her phone. As soon as she had it, he pulled her back tightly into his chest, pressing a kiss to the back of her shoulder.

"Hello," she said, sleepily, into the phone. "Mr. Cooper, hi," she said, immediatly, sitting up in the bed, her voice suddenly clear.

She elbowed Aden as he groaned loudly. "Oh my God, are you serious? Wow, thank you so much!" she said. "Can I just talk to my husband about it and then I'll get back to you?....Yes, thanks....bye!"

"What is it?" asked Aden, croakily, sitting up beside her.

Belle looked at him, excitedly. "Well, remember that job interview I did a few weeks ago? Well, that was the manager and they've just offered me the job!!"

Aden laughed, stunned. "Aww babe, that's wonderful, I'm so happy for you!" he said, putting his hands at either side of her face and kissing her.

"There's just one little problem though," she said, worriedly.

"What's that?" asked Aden, playing absentmindly with a strand of her hair.

"The job's in Florida..." she told him, nervously.

He stopped. "Oh! America," he said.

Belle took his hands. "Aden, it's alright, I can ring the manager back now and say no if you want. Your opinion matters the most to me, and if your not comfortable with doing this, we'll stay here."

Aden sat, staring into space for a minute, thinking of what to do. Then, taking Belle's hands, he looked into her eyes. "Belle, I say you go for this. I know how much you want this job. And, don't worry, I'll be with you every step of the way. I'm always going to be there , Belle, don't worry, I would never leave you".

Belle shook her head, frustrated. "But what about your job? i can't ask you to give it up just for me."

"Belle, I'll be fine. In fact, I was surfing the web the other day, and apparently places like Florida and California are in desperate need of lawyers," he said, determindly. "I'll find somewhere, don't worry about me."

Belle squirmed in excitement. "So are we really doing this?"

Aden grinned and leaned in and kissed her. "I think we are!"

"And you're one hundred per cent positive?" asked Belle.

"Belle, just ring the guy back and say yes, for Christ sake," said Aden, exasperatively.

Belle grinned at him and dialled the number. "Mr. Cooper, it's Belle Jefferies...Yes, I'm just ringing to say I would love to accept your job offer!"

Aden watched Belle, contently, as she spoke on the phone. He grinned knowing how happy he was. Sure he would find it tough, no doubt, settling in Florida and leaving all his friends and family here in Summer Bay, but for Belle, he would do anything, anything that would make her happy. And as he watched her give her details excitedly to the man on the phone, he knew she was one hundred per cent happy!

Thanks for reading!

x x x x

Thanks for all your comments!

Hope you enjoy this chapter!!

Chapter 18

"So Aden, have you decided what you're going to do for Belle for Valentine's Day yet?" asked Mattie, as he sat down opposite her.

Aden shrugged. "I hadn't thought about it really," he said. "Belle and I have been spending most of our time getting ready for Florida. There is so much to organise. We still have to get a passport for Lizzie and everything!"

"How is she?" asked Mattie. "I love her so much, she is such a dote!"

"Oh, she's doing great, growing all the time of course," said Aden, smiling as he thought of her. "I swear every time I come home from work, there's something different about her!"

"She's so adorable!" said Mattie, smiling at his words. "You and Belle are so lucky to have her as your daughter. I can't wait for my..." she stopped abruptly, having already said to much.

Hpwever, Aden realised what she had been about to say. "Mattie, you're not preg - " he began.

"SHH!!" hissed Mattie, glaring at him.

Aden laughed. "You're pregnant aren't you?"

Mattie's face turned scarlet. "Possibly," she said, looking extrememly embarassed.

Aden goggled at her. "Who's the father?"

Mattie coughed loudly, as several people turned to watch them. "That doesn't matter right now," she said, impatiently. "What matters is you doing something special for Belle. It has to be thoughtful...sensual...romantic. I'll help you organise the whole thing and then I can mind Lizzie for you! How's that sound?"

Aden looked at her, unsure. "I dunno, Mattie, I can't ask you to give up your whole day to help me."

"No, no, Aden, I want to help!" she insisted. "Belle's going into work this afternoon right? Ok," she continued, when he nodded. "When's she gone, you and I can take Lizzie for the afternoon, and go into Yabbie Creek and get everything!"

Aden paused, thinking. Then he smiled. "I think we have ourselves a plan, Mattie! Now, where to start? I'll go home nowand give Lizzie her dinner, and get her ready for spending the evening with you. But what about Belle?"

"I'll come over with you and convince her to go shopping with me," said Mattie, confidently. "That's gives you the time to get Lizzie ready."

"You're a star, Mattie!" said Aden, grinning at her.

Mattie smiled. "I've been told that!"

Then, rising up from her seat, she followed Aden out the door, discussing ideas with him on the way out.

"Belle?" said Aden loudly, as he and Mattie walked through the back door. "Babe, you home?"

"We're right here!" said Belle, walking into the kitchen with Lizzie in her arms.

As soon as she saw him, Lizzie began squirming in her mother's arms, reaching out to Aden. He smiled and lifted her gently out of Belle's arms and into his own. As he snuggled her close to his chest, she smiled at him, the stuck her thumb in her mouth. He chuckled at her, lightly, then turned to look at Mattie. She winked at him.

"I'm taking you out for some retail therapy, babe! God knows you need it," she said, as she surveyed what Belle was wearing.

Ignoring this, Belle looked at her reluctantly. "Mattie, I dunno. As much as I'd love to, I really can't. I've got work in a few hours you see and my boss hates it when I'm late."

"Ah, babe, go on, you deserve it," said Aden, smiling at her encouragingly. "You've been stressing so much lately about the move to Florida, you deserve some time to just chill."

"And no one can help you do that better than I can, so come on, let's go!" said Mattie, impatiently, pulling Belle's arm.

Giving in, Belle smiled and ran up the stairs to retrieve her purse. When she was gone, Aden turned to Mattie.

"So when she goes to work, you head over here and the three of us can head off to Yabbie Creek, ok?" he said.

Mattie gave him the thumbs up, just as Belle entered the room. She raised an eyebrow as she saw what they were doing. "What are you guy's up to?" she asked, suspiciously.

"Nothing," said Mattie quickly, dropping her hand. "I'll see you later, gorgeous," she said, reaching out and touching the tip of Lizzie's nose with her finger. Lizzie giggled and smiled widely at her.

Mattie smiled back and then walked towards the door. "I'll be out in the car, ok Belle," she said.

As she left, Belle walked over to Aden and Lizzie. Aden put his arm around her shoulders and hugged her tightly. "Have a good time!" he said, pressing his lips to her forehead. Belle smiled and wrapped her arms around him. Beside them, Lizzie was becoming impatient. She squirmed in Aden's arms, her way of demanding for the focus to be returned on her. Belle and Aden chuckled at her.

"You always have to be the centre of attention, don't you sweetheart," said Belle, brushing the hair away from Lizzie's face. Lizzie reached out and grabbed her hand, pressing it tightly to her cheek.

"Mummy," she murmered.

Belle and Aden gasped. "Did she just say....Mummy?" asked Aden, shocked.

Belle nodded, suddenly lost for words. She frowned as she heard Mattie honk the car horn from outside. "I've got to go," she said, sadly, quickly pressing kisses to Aden and Lizzie's cheeks. "I'll see you guys later! Oh and babe, don't forget to put her first word and the date in her baby book please!"

As she and Matti backed the car out of the driveway, Aden and Lizzie waved the back door, Lizzie more vibrant than Aden. As they walked back through to the kitchen, Lizzie pressed the palm of her hand to Aden's cheek, demanding his attention.

Propping her up in his arms, Aden looked into her eyes, which were as always, the spitting image if his. "Now, sweetheart, we have to get you all ready for your evening with you Aunty Mattie! But first, its time for someone's dinner!!"

While Aden made Lizzie her dinner, she watched him, clearly fascinated, from her highchair. When he came over with her dinner bowl, she flashed a dazzling smile at him.

"Daddy!" she said, clearly, pointing at him.

Aden stopped in awe, all words gone from his mind. Lizzie giggled as she saw his expression. Picking up the spoon which Aden had dropped on her little table, she dipped it into the bowl and messily scooped up her dinner, shoving it in her mouth, most of it flying off in the other direction.

When words had returned to him, Aden bent down to Lizzie's level and pressed a kiss to her smooth forehead. "Did you just call me 'Daddy'?" he asked her gently. She smiled at him and touched his face lightly.

After she's eaten all her dinner, Aden knew she would be tired with a full tummy, so he sat down on the sofa and gently cradled her to sleep in his arms. Once she was fully under, he carried her up to her room and carefully tucked her into bed. Grabbing her teddy bear beside her, she stuck her thumb in her mouth, and went sleep.

Aden sat at the end of her bed, watching her sleep. From the expression on her face, he could tell she was dreaming. What he would do to just see what she was dreaming of for a few minutes. The gentle buzzing of his phone in his pockets pulled him out of his thoughts. Walking quickly out of the room, he pressed the phone to his ear.

"Yeah Mattie?" he said, quietly, closing Lizzie's bedroom door behind him. "Yeah, all's good here. Lizzie's just gone to sleep. When will you and Belle be back?....yeah that's fine, I'll see you then!"

"Hey, how was the shopping trip?" asked Aden, smiling widely as Belle and Mattie walked in through the front door, laiden with designer bags.

"Oh, it was great!" said Belle, happily, dropping the heavy bags by the stairs. "Mattie brought me to all these great new shops. We had a blast!"

"Good!" said Aden, wrapping his arms around her waist, hugging her tightly to him.

She looked at him, sadly. "Honey, I'm sorry, I can't hang around she said," she said, brushing her finger lightly past his lips. "I've got to get ready for work."

He pouted at her and she laughed, leaning in and kissing him lightly. Pulling away reluctantly, she ran up the stairs, pulling the heavy bags up with her. As she left, Aden walked through to the kitchen to find Mattie, who was making herself a cup of coffee.

"Well, she suspect anything?" asked Aden, leaning against the counter.

Mattie shook her head, as she took a sip out of the mug. "Not a thing! She was too engrossed with all the shopping we were doing. I'll tell you one thing Aden, you're lucky to have her as your wife. I swear, I saw at least ten or eleven guys looking at her with eager eyes when we were up the high street."

Aden chuckled, although not too impressed. "Did Belle tell you Lizzie spoke her first word today?"

Mattie grinned at him . "Yeah, she did! You too must be so proud!!"

Aden nodded confidently. 'Proud' was definately the right word to use to describe his feelings at the moment. He hadn't felt this proud since the twins...

"She called me 'Daddy' after you guy's left," remembered Aden.

Mattie gasped. "Oh my God, Aden, I'm so happy for you!"

Aden smiled at her gratefully, as Belle appeared at the door.

"How do I look?" she asked, twirling around in front of them.

Aden smiled. "Stunning, as usual!"

Belle smiled and walked over and put her arms around his neck. "Thank you!" she murmered, before pressing her lips tightly to his, kissing him passiontely. He responded, surprised, however willingly.

"Eh, Belle.." began Mattie, pointing at her watch.

Belle gasped, and quickly pulled away from Aden. "Shoot, I'm going to be late." Waving goodbye to them quickly, she ran out the door and disappeared. After waving her best friend goodbye, Mattie turned to Aden.

"Ready?" she asked, grinning at him.

He grinned back, excitedly. "Definately!!"

Thanks for reading!!

x x x x

Hey guys, just got back from Paris 2 days ago. It was great!! Unfortunately, I'm pretty sick at the moment so this chapter may not be as good as my others.

I hope you enjoy it anyway!

Chapter 19

"Yes, I understand that it's just, I'm moving to Florida soon, so I need this to be done now!" said Belle, determindly.

She growled to herself as she listened to her bank manager's reply.

"FINE!" she said, slamming the phone down on the desk.

"Belle, what's up?" asked her friend Claire anxiously. "You've been moody all day, it's not like you."

Belle sighed, running her fingers through her hair. "I dunno, Claire," she said, wearily, collapsing into her desk chair. "I just feel as if there is so much planning to do and that I'm not doing it!"

"God, if I didn't know better I'd have said you were pregnant!" said Claire, chuckling lightly. "What with all you mood swings and everything!"

Belle froze, her hand instinctively pressing against her flat stomach. "But, that's not possible is it?"

Claire's relaxed face suddenly turned to one of seriousness. "Oh my God, you don't actually think you could be, do you?"

"I don't know," said Belle, as she felt her heart rate accelerate with panic. "Yeah, my period hasn't come yet but I just put it down to stress. I've been putting all my time into the move to Florida, I just didn't notice"

"Ok," said Claire, calmly, placing her slightly shaky hands on the top of her friends shoulders. "I'll run across to the chemist and pick up a test, meanwhile you stay here, and hun, just try to relax."

Belle nodded nervously, placing her shaking hands in between her legs. She tried to concentrate on her breathing, tried to slow it down. The five minutes that Claire was away seemed to drag on forever, to Belle. Everytime she heard someone walk down the corridor, she prayed to God it was Claire, but it always turned out to be another employee. When Claire finally did return, Belle was on the edge of hyperventilation.

"Belle, Belle, it's ok, I've got it," said Claire, reassuringly, taking the box out of her handbag.

Nervously, Belle took Claire's hand and followed her to the bathroom. Claire waited outside the door while Belle took the test. She stood up quickly when the bathroom door opened.

"Well?" she asked, anxiously.

Belle looked up at her wearily. "We have to wait a few minutes for the results to come through. Claire, you do it for me, I haven't got the strength."

As Belle waited in her office, she contemplated what she would tell Aden that evening. She had decided to tell him no matter what the result. Keeping secrets was a complete no-no in their relationship, trust and honesty meant everything.

She turned slowly to face Claire as she entered the room, her gaze fixated on the little, white, plastic stick she was holding.

"Well?" asked Belle, quietly. "Am I pregnant or not?"

Claire raised her head slowly, and looked into Belle's bloodshot eyes. "Your...pregnant"

Belle was silent for a moment, then she clapped her hand to her mouth. Not uttering a word, she rose from her desk chair, grabbed her keys and jacket and left the room. Claire watched her as she went, her mind blank of all emotions.

"Belle's going to love what you got her, Aden!" said Mattie, as Aden parked the car. "I never knew you were so good at being romantic!!"

Aden chuckled lightly, as he lifted Lizzie from her car seat. "Gee, thanks Mattie!" he said, teasingly, as Lizzie began to play with the collar of his shirt.

"We'll come back for the goods later," said Mattie, as they headed for the back door. "We should really clear away the furniture first."

Aden nodded in agreement. But when he reached the front door, he frowned. "The door's unlocked."

Mattie raised an eyebrow. "How could that be? I specifically remember locking it before we left."

But Aden was inside, before he had the chance to hear the end of Mattie's question. Panic flooded through him as he saw Belle curled up on the sofa, her hair hiding her face. Handing Lizzie to Mattie quickly, Aden rushed over and lifted Belle gently, cradling her close against his chest.

"Babe, what's wrong?" he asked, gently, trying to hide panic. "Are you hurt?"

Belle shook her head, laying it gently in the hollow of his neck.

"C'mon Belle, what is it, you scaring me," said Aden, unable to hide his panic any longer.

Belle looked up at him, fixating her gaze on her blue eyes. "I'm pregnant."

Belle waited, patiently, for his reply, however none came. Aden simply pressed her tighter against his chest, murmuring to her softly. His lack of response frightened Belle, it was unlike to say nothing. However, she was quite content to stay in her present position. Nestling her face against his chest, she breathed in deeply, filling her nostrils with his wonderful scent.

As Aden sat on the edge of the bed, the thoughts that he had tried to block out came flooding back. He shut his eyes tight, hoping that would make them go away. However, that only made them seem more vivid.

He looked over at his sleeping wife, beside him. He saw how her arm was wrapped around her stomach lightly, as if to protect the little baby inside there. As if to say 'I'm keeping it, and there's nothing you can do to stop me!'

Thanks for reading!

x x x x

Thanks for all the comments

I really hope this story isn't too confusing!

Enjoy!

Chapter 20

WARNING: ADULT THEMES IN THIS CHAPTER! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

She parked the car at the edge of the road. Cutting the engine, Belle swiftly walked out into the cool breeze. Walking to the edge of the cliff, she looked down. She washed as the waves hit the jagged rocks, she watched the gulls pulling worms out of the sands, hopping around quickly so the tide wouldn't swallow them up.

Absentmindly, she wrapped her arms loosely around her waist. She looked out onto the horizon and saw the brilliant sun shining it glorious raws across the town. She looked down and gently patted her tummy, smiling slightly.

She jumped slightly when she felt Aden's warm, comforting arms come to wrap themselves gently around her waist. She took his hand and put it to her stomach. He kissed her hair, then gently resting his head on her shoulder.

"So much for you never becoming pregnant again," he said with a sigh.

She nodded, retreating back further into his chest. "I would never had expected it either."

Sitting down on a nearby bench, they watched the afternoon sun roll in and out of the clouds. They sat there in silence, Belle absentmindly stroking Aden's hand while he played with a strand of her hair.

"We should go home," said Aden finally, getting up off the bench. "Lizzie will be wondering where we are."

Belle hesitated. "Um, there's a few things I need to get first," she said. "I'll be back home a bit later."

"Want me to go with you?" suggested Aden.

"No, no , it's fine," said Belle. "You go back to Lizzie."

She smiled at him, as convincingly as she could before slipping into the driver's seat and shutting the door.

Aden watched as Belle drove away. He could tell there was something awkward about her lately, something he couldn't quite put his finger too. She was becoming more and more distant, all their fun, lovey dovey moments had just disappeared and he always noticed her shudder or jump every time he touched her.

Convincing himself he was just being paranoid, Aden put the key in the ignition, quickly started it and then drove home, looking forward to seeing his baby girl when he got there.

"Hello?" said a dull, boring voice.

Belle shuddered. "Um, it's me, Sir," she said, nervously. "Belle Jefferies."

"Ah, Mrs Jefferies," said the voice, with an oily niceness to it. "YOU'RE LATE!"

The calm, oily voice had suddenly turned to one of the utmost anger, sending a shiver down Belle's spine.

"I'm sorry, Sir, the traffic..."

"I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR YOUR EXCUSES!" bellowed the voice. "YOU TOLD ME YOU'D BE HERE AT 1 O CLOCK. THAT WAS TEN MINUTES AGO!"

"I'm so sorry, Sir, please forgive me!" begged Belle, falling to her knees, bursting into tears.

The bank manager sighed, still concealed by the darkness of the room. Fine, I will," he said. "Seeing as I am a very forgiving man."

"Now," he said, as Belle sat down in front of his desk. "Although I did have some difficulty, I did manage to transfer you Australian account to a new account in Florida."

Belle sighed with relief. "Sir, thank you so much, you have no idea how much this helps. If there is anything I can do or give to repay you, just say it and I'll be there."

"'Anything' you say?," said the manager, slowly getting up and walking around to Belle's chair. "Well, luckily enough I've thought of something already."

Belle waited patiently, wondering what it was he wanted. It was only until she felt her bank manager slowly and seductively pull of her jacket and rub circles on her bare shoulder that she realised what he meant.

"Eww, that's gross!" said Belle, pulling away from his grip.

Ignoring her, the manager pulled her back. Pulling her closer to his chest, he eyed her chest hungrily. Belle tried to pull away but his arms were like steel on hers. Grinning maliciously, he let his arm go up her top her through her bra. Belle screamed with all her might. The manager instinctively slapped his hand across her mouth. She began hitting him and hitting him, with her all her strength. After much irritation, he punched her in the head. Her head fell back, lolling to one side. Now with nothing else to stop him, he liftd her body with ease. Carrying her over to his desk, he proceded to rip of her clothes, throwing them to oneside.

The predator eyed his prey carefully, deciding which angle to attack. His eyes fixated on his preys ragged form, he grinned hungrily. With a plan set in his head, he crouched down into his attacking position and... jumped.

Thanks for reading

I hope you all understood the little metaphor at the end

x x x x

Archived