Happy Birthday BTTB!

Chris J

• 2 weeks later...

12 years? Where did the time go!

This site has had laughs (BTTB Big Brother, anyone? :lol:),  a gazillion lunatics (naming no names) & a few tears (our dearly missed Frankie). But through it all you guys have kept us forum members in check & given us a place to visit. You minions really do rock :wink:.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Happy birthday BTTB! There's an even scarier anniversary for me this year... April 11th will be TWENTY years since I published the first issue of Summer Bay News online (the forerunner of H&A Source which merged with Chris' site to become BTTB). That certainly makes me feel old.

I have fond memories of 13 years ago. When I hear songs from the time they always remind me of being at my job in the US, being interrupted by messages from Chris for most of the day after he got home from school, always with some new idea for the site. :D

It's really good to be back as a contributor again after a long absence and to see how much hard work goes on behind the scenes collating facts, figures and trivia that will one day make its way onto the site. It's an incredible resource and now that the show's in its 30th season I realize how important this is. 13 years ago I, and others too, probably felt like we knew the show inside out, but now there's 30 years of history it would be completely impossible for anyone to put it all together without the joint effort we have here. It's an unwieldy beast! Well done everyone.

• Like 9

Happy birthday BTTB!

I've been a member for nearly twelve years now - it doesn't seem that long! I usually dip in and out of the spoilers section but I've always kept up to date with the website. A valuable source of information for anything I want to know.

Thankyou for all the wonderful hard work that everyone involved puts into the website and forum. I really appreciate it all.

Am I allowed to provide a virtual cake for everyone to enjoy please?

• Like 3

Happy Birthday BTTB for Saturday, and it is good that the site's birthday is so close to that of the show itself.

I remember in early 2004 I first came across BackToTheBay which had month by month summaries I think and a multi coloured design. I remember looking at summaries for Dec 1993 storylines and one was "Fisher finally forgives Adam". Yet it took me almost 9 years to join as I became a member in November 2012.

Edited by Homeandawayfan.
  • Like 1