Fair City

Guest -Kevin-

Fair City is a successful Irish soap in Ireland obviously and will begin showing in the UK in March 2009 as RTE international launches in the UK.

It has been good recently and I couldnt believe it when poor Gina was killed on New Years Eve on the way to her wedding.It was nice to see Ciara again and Mondo back with Juliet.

I hope Ray pulls through!! I feel so sorry for Niamh and I have noticed how much of a good actress she is.She is amazing.

I hope Barry doesnt get away with being over the limit while driving that caused the accident

I hate this soap with a passion. It's just terribly cheap and some of the actors are dire. That said, I loved Nicola. Mondo was great, but I stopped watching after he left after the big drug fiasco in 2004(?). I didn't know he came back. :(

I heard Niamh died. Kinda suckish. She wasn't my favorite, but herself and Nicola constantly bitching was kinda entertaining. I liked Ross and his fling with his teacher. Jenny, the girlfriend, was an awful cow and I hated her. I loved how Delores's kid took the ecstasy tablets that she found after Ross dropped them and how Delores's husband killed Ross in the cemetery.

I watched it in August 2008 for Nicola's return when Paul had the heart attack. She was great. "Miss Prendergast, thankyouverymuch" :P

Considering RTÉ are state-owned, they should at least have a proper budget which gets rid of the Billy-Barry kids and shaky sets. And somebody please sort out that Café. It always amazed me how somebody just walked in and the waitress gave them a coffee when they didn't even order one. :P

I hate this soap with a passion. It's just terribly cheap and some of the actors are dire. That said, I loved Nicola. Mondo was great, but I stopped watching after he left after the big drug fiasco in 2004(?). I didn't know he came back. :(

I heard Niamh died. Kinda suckish. She wasn't my favorite, but herself and Nicola constantly bitching was kinda entertaining. I liked Ross and his fling with his teacher. Jenny, the girlfriend, was an awful cow and I hated her. I loved how Delores's kid took the ecstasy tablets that she found after Ross dropped them and how Delores's husband killed Ross in the cemetery.

I watched it in August 2008 for Nicola's return when Paul had the heart attack. She was great. "Miss Prendergast, thankyouverymuch" :P

Considering RTÉ are state-owned, they should at least have a proper budget which gets rid of the Billy-Barry kids and shaky sets. And somebody please sort out that Café. It always amazed me how somebody just walked in and the waitress gave them a coffee when they didn't even order one. :P

Niamh never died it was her mum Gina who died on her way to the church to marry Mondo's dad Ray.They were having a double wedding with Niamha nd Paul renewing their vows.

It was nice seeing Mondo back in it though and Ciara and little Juliet.I dont think Mondo is staying though.

Poor Dolores had a terrible time of it didnt she she lost everybody, her daughter died and didnt Harry kill himself?

My favourite storyline from a long while back was definitely when Damien and Mark's father strangled Damien's mother to death ( I think she was called Tess) because she had the abortion.Then he topped himself. :)

I only really dip in and out of Fair City every now and then.I must have missed Nicolas return :( I remember I quite enjoyed Nicola's cancer storyline as well.

Fair City is the worst ever! But usually its good for a laugh with the bad acting! :lol:

I watched an episode there last week, and there was a kiss between Christy (from the shop), and his ex-wife. I think it was meant to be a big passionate smacker, but it was the worst, most cringeworthy on screen kiss I've ever seen. :ph34r:

In the same episode there was 2 characters held hostage in a house by some robbers. It was hilarious! - They were the sooo unconvincing.

I'm not a fan. I don't watch it but any glimpses I've caught while flicking haven't impressed me. In saying that though, there was a week long series type thing a couple of years ago where they did a storyline about a rape and the consequences of it. The girl who was raped ended up killing herself because her attacker was going to get away with it. It was well acted and quite moving. But it's been dire IMO since :P

I'm not a fan. I don't watch it but any glimpses I've caught while flicking haven't impressed me. In saying that though, there was a week long series type thing a couple of years ago where they did a storyline about a rape and the consequences of it. The girl who was raped ended up killing herself because her attacker was going to get away with it. It was well acted and quite moving. But it's been dire IMO since :P

Yeah they do specials every so often.

I cant remember the special you are referring to but I do remember a special where a teenage killed herself by taking an overdose because she was pregnant. Is the one you are talking about ?

Yeah they do specials every so often.

I cant remember the special you are referring to but I do remember a special where a teenage killed herself by taking an overdose because she was pregnant. Is the one you are talking about ?

Could be...I'm not too sure on the details cause it was so long ago

Archived