Ailsa Stewart - Judy Nunn

j.laur5

• 4 months later...

Many people disliked Ailsa's death but personally I didn’t mind it as it was quick and a shock to everyone as after everything Ailsa went through that year she didn’t turn her back on Summer Bay. She finally got her life back on track and when she died it was huge shock to all characters as they all thought she would be in Summer Bay forever.

Everyone was at the funeral crying and looked like they all felt life in Summer Bay was never going to be the same without Ailsa. 

15 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Everyone was at the funeral crying and looked like they all felt life in Summer Bay was never going to be the same without Ailsa. 

So that's why they then immediately all carried on as if everything was the same?

Sorry but a 3 minute, semi-decent funeral scene with no surrounding storyline on either side, really isn't appropriate for an original, much loved, 12-year character.

Edited by Sally Keating
  • Like 2

On 05/08/2019 at 10:44, Sunny Girl said:

I completely agree with you, Sally Keating. The way Ailsa's  (Judy Nunn's) death was treated was well and truly beyond a joke. 

The producers didn't handle that well at all. 

But at least she got a proper death scene unlike Beth!.

Beth might not have been around as long as Ailsa but she still was a memorable enough character for that era and deserved a better send off. 

Also if Ailsa/Judy  was not leaving in 2000 do you think they would given Alisa heart  attack in 2000 season final for end of year cliffhanger?.

But the outcome would be different with her surviving since she was not leaving.  

On 08/08/2019 at 00:12, j.laur5 said:

But at least she got a proper death scene unlike Beth!.

Beth might not have been around as long as Ailsa but she still was a memorable enough character for that era and deserved a better send off. 

Also if Ailsa/Judy  was not leaving in 2000 do you think they would given Alisa heart  attack in 2000 season final for end of year cliffhanger?.

But the outcome would be different with her surviving since she was not leaving.  

No I don't think they'd have done the story at all; they'd have come up with something else for the end of season cliffhanger.

I totally agree about Beth. Her exit/death storyline was awful.

Edited by Sally Keating

• 1 month later...

Did anyone notice that Ailsa's character seemed different in 1988?

Judy Nunn said in an interview that she always tried to keep edged to her character even though she did become more mummy’s. 

I think the writers did enjoy looking into Ailsa's backstory. 

Its a shame that Judy didn’t get to play Ailsa when going back to her family home but I think Nancy Hayes did a very good job at making it believable!. 

But I think Judy probably wasn’t too worried since she wasn’t well at time and completely understandable as well as health always needs come first both physically and mentally. 

I think Judy probably already knew she was going quit soon.  

• 1 month later...
On 19/11/2019 at 22:11, Homeandawayfan. said:

It has been said that since Martha returned from the dead and back into Alf's life, it has been spoken as if Ailsa never existed. Do you think this is true?

Ailsa was mentioned by Ruth and her words were, "You didn’t stop to think to tell your wife," as in, Ailsa. 

Ailsa was actually mentioned just a little while ago about Ruth being the step-daughter from hell. 

But the thing that annoys me is how there’s been nothing about how Martha faked her death. I guess this definitely isn’t the first and certainly not the last time one storyline is this messy. But I'm definitely not saying it’s just H&A, but other shows are certainly just as bad. 

Edited by Jen