Memories

Guest Adelle2008

Shouldn't you be using the promotion thread that's around here somewhere. I don't think you can do what you did outside of that thread.

Why would I promote it, I'm in the process of posting chapter one. It will be later today....

Oh and symphony thanks for the message (posted 4 times LOL)

I think what the gentleman meant was that according to forum rules you're not allowed to start a thread without posting the first chapter or prologue.If you just want to tell people you're going to start a story, you have to use the advertisement thread.

That aside, this is a good idea for a story.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Adelle2008 @ Jan 7 2009, 04:36 AM)

Shouldn't you be using the promotion thread that's around here somewhere. I don't think you can do what you did outside of that thread.

Why would I promote it, I'm in the process of posting chapter one. It will be later today....

Oh and symphony thanks for the message (posted 4 times LOL)

I think what the gentleman meant was that according to forum rules you're not allowed to start a thread without posting the first chapter or prologue.If you just want to tell people you're going to start a story, you have to use the advertisement thread.

That aside, this is a good idea for a story.

Oh well then I'm sorry! ^_^:blush:

Chapter 2

{Flashback}

2nd January, 1997

It was a beautiful summer‘s morning, Nadia, Michael and Larry had organised a BBQ at a local park. Belle’s parents had no idea that Larry was an abusive father. Belle had kept her promise. Although she hated lying to her parents she knew her friendship was more important.

“Aden, let’s play go on the monkey bars” Belle jumped up on the platform and hung from the bar, swinging from bar to bar she made her way to the other end. After lunch the parents agreed that Belle and Aden could have an ice-cream each as a treat. Aden purchased a rainbow billabong and Belle bought a chocolate billabong. As it was a hot summer day the ice-creams melted quickly. As Belle licked her ice-cream she smiled at Aden, his smile was infectious. Whenever she glimpsed at his heart-warming smile it made her feel bubbly inside. “Oh no” Belle looked to the ground her ice-cream had slid off the stick and onto the ground. “Maybe you can buy another one?” Aden suggested as he continued to lick his ice-cream, “No mum said she had only had a dollar left, which I just spent” Belle started to cry “Hey, don’t cry! Here have mine” Aden passed his ice-cream to her “No, you have it. It’s yours” Belle refused crossing her arms angrily. “Are you afraid you’ll get boy germs” he laughed “Maybe” she giggled under her breath.

“Don’t you think it’s worth the risk, it’s a damn good ice-cream!” he smiled at her, passing the ice-cream to her, she finally gave in and accepted it “Thanks, you’re such a great friend”. Aden got up and tied his left shoelace that had come undone “It’s called sharing, someone very special taught me to share” he tied the shoe and ran back towards the swing. “Hey, wait for me. I’m still eating” Aden swung while Belle finished her ice-cream as quickly as she could “I’m coming, I’m coming!” she threw the stick in the bin “Hurry up” There was only one swing in the park “Push me” he swung higher and higher “No, swing yourself. You idiot” she put her hands on her hips and tapped her foot waiting for her turn. “Okay, is it my turn yet?” she complained two minutes later “Alright, gee you’re so bossy sometimes” Aden hopped off the seat and gave it to Belle “Now PUSH ME!” she joked. “You didn’t push me, why should I push you?” Aden stepped back so he didn’t get kicked in his privates. “Because you love me!” she sang.

“Oh sure.....you told you that” Aden felt his cheeks were getting warmer, when it came to the subject on girls, he felt uncomfortable.

Aden gave Belle a big push on the swing, forcing her seat to go higher, Belle laughed at his comment “You did, you just weren’t conscious to remember!”

Aden went silent as he looked over to his father who was pretending to laugh, “Belle, do you think I’ll ever be as happy as your parents are when I’m grown up?”

Belle slowed down and looked at him with a confused impression “What do you mean?”

He waited a few more seconds before replying, his tone had changed to very serious, “Well my dad is divorced; I don’t want to end up like him. Be honest, do you think I’ll ever get married?”

Belle didn’t quite know how to respond to his question, but she thought that if she replied with a joke this would relax him about such a sensitive issue, “Well put it this way, if we’re not married by thirty, I’ll marry you!”

Aden laughed nervously “Deal” he said then he put his anxieties in the back of his mind and continued to do what he had come to do, play!

“Let’s play hide and seek” Aden suggested as Belle skipped up to the bench overlooking the ocean.

“Okay, you’re the seeker” she sat down staring out to the crashing waves.

“Why” he whined.

“Because it was your idea” she pointed at his chest.

“I hate you” he turned around and looked at his feet crossly.

“I know you love me, now close your eyes! And start counting!” Belle ran to her left as Aden started to count “1........2.......3...........4” he said grumpily he would much rather hide then seek, after all he had a lot of practice at home, hiding from his father.

{End of flashback}

5th of July, 2000 Belle and Aden are ten years old.

“Michael I told you to take out the Landry!” Nadia walked into the living room angrily holding a basket full of wet clothes.

“I’ll do it when I’m ready” he mumbled not listening to a word she was saying.

“”It’s been sitting there for half an hour!” she pointed to the laundry.

“Oh for Christ sake woman, I’ll do it later! I’m watching the football” he took a spit of his beer.

“Michael if you don’t get off your ass and put out the washing you can forget about me cooking dinner for you tonight” she threw his dirty shoes off the couch and onto the fall.

“Well who cares, I prefer take out anyway!” he yelled back at her. Their relationship had started to fall apart.

“Oh god, you’re a freaking nuisance. You contribute nothing to this household.” Nadia screamed at him once more.

“JUST SHUT THE F**K UP I’M TRYING TO WATCH TV” he pointed at the screen holding a beer in the opposite hand.

Belle stood behind the door listening to every word her parents spoke to each other, home had become a place of very intense emotions. One minute they would be fighting, and then crying, slamming the doors, Belle’s father had started to sleep on the couch more frequently.

“Aden” Belle grabbed the phone and took it into her room. “Hey what’s wrong?” he could hear the sadness in her voice, as she sniffed through the speaker Aden knew that she had begun to cry.

“Mum and Dad are fighting again” she sobbed holding the phone with both hands up to her right ear.

“Hey it’s okay, tell me what happened.......” Belle and Aden spoke for two hours talking about Belle’s parents and her feelings. She was so lucky to have a friend like Aden.

Belle and Aden were thirteen years old and by this time Belle’s father had moved out. Aden was still living with Larry who continued to hit him occasionally when he got drunk but it became less and less frequent which was good.

“You know what I wish Aden” They were lying in a tent in Belle’s backyard. The two had organised a minicamp night.

“What Belle?” he turned his head facing his left.

“I wish we could run away from here, just the two of us. Away from our parents and start over” she turned on her side.

He nodded “You mean, erase our past and do things differently”

‘Yeah sort of, the one thing I wouldn’t’ change in a million years would be the day I met you” Belle flashed a massive smile at him showing all of her teeth.

“Same” he grabbed her hand and shook it in a friendly manner.

Please let me know what you think of it. Hope you like it! :lol:

Archived