Waterloo Road

Guest Laura

I don’t particularly like Earl either. He illegally got hold of a loaded gun and left his kid brother to take the rap. I also feel that he has psychopathic tendencies. And as we can see Tom is the only one of the teachers that has noticed this so far (the rest of them feel he’s trouble but not unbalanced shall we say). The worrying thing is that he’s always so calm which indicates that at times he’s fully aware of what he’s doing and he actually appears to take great pleasure in tormenting people. That being said there is something I like about him and Maxine. Maybe she’s attracted to him because he’s a bad boy. Last week it was mentioned that she was in the year above him and I believe she’s 16 so I guess that would make him 15. :unsure: I do think that he’s a good character but my main concern is that I personally feel as though he has taken over the show. Everything seems to revolve around him. Regarding today I actually thought there was a slight glimmer of hope with the hawk then by the end of the episode he just reverted back to type.

I’m glad they showed more of Marley. I quite like him and Flick together and I hope we get to see more of them. Marley’s definitely one of the good guys and always seems to put other people before himself. I don’t even mind Rose because although she’s an alcoholic, deep down she’s not a bad person.

I loved the scene in the classroom with Bolton and Jasmine. So funny. Good on her for standing her ground and not backing down. You tell him girl.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Maxine was 17 because she was in sixth form last year aswell but then I don't get why they said she was in the year above her. I like Marley aswell, but that Flick annoys me. Also I can see Chlo and Donte breaking up this series sometime.

• 4 weeks later...

I loved tonights episode. Was so sad when Maxine found out about Jade and Earl and what they were planning to do with the baby. Aww and when she died :(

I actually wanted Sam to stay with Wilding. But it is nice that they were all back together.

And Melissa :o I can't believe she married Phil's dad and was already married.

I am looking forward to the next episode. But there was no promo :(

I’ve just gotten round to seeing that episode and even though the voiceover before the program suggested that there was going to be a fatality I didn’t think it would be Maxine and I was still a bit shocked. I was expecting him to bring the gun into school like he did last time. It was so sad. Especially the part when she said sorry to Steph right before she died. Hopefully Earl is going to prison for a very long time. Surely there can be no way back from here. The worst thing is her death could have actually been prevented. In the first episode Bolton and his mate (don’t know his name) knew that he brought a firearm into school so they should really have told the Headmistress or the police. I can understand they were probably scared but I wonder if they are going to say anything when this comes out. Bolton would probably be worried about his boxing but he has to come clean. I can think of at least two occasions where Tom tried to warn the other teachers about him but nobody listened to him, they all wanted to give Earl a chance. I do sympathise with Rachel because she was genuinely trying to help him and their family. I don’t think she was doing it to improve the performance of her school. I honestly believe she wanted to help the Kelly’s and she did (e.g. getting Rose a Job at the canteen). In a way it’s kind of sad because Rose looked like she turned herself around and they had agreed for the kids to come back and move in with her and it looks as though it has been completely ruined. I can’t see Sam and Marley not copping any flack at school and I’m not sure if Bolton’s mum would really want to work with Rose anymore.

Archived