Where Was Colleen Between 1989 And 1997?

Guest j.laur5

I think, although it wasn't officially confirmed, that she had been in her mobile home the whole time, we just didn't see her until 1997. Although I'm sure when she was re-introduced in 1999 permanently, she had been away somewhere?

I think she'd actually been living elsewhere when she returned in 1997 (Queensland I think) and was going to rent the mobile home out after sprucing it up a bit - but for whatever reason changed her mind and stayed, then we just didn't see her for a while until her re-introduction in 1999 - I know she was definitely there sometime between 1997-1999 but just not seen.

I actually think it was the other way round.I'm not sure where she was meant to be between 1989 and 1997 but when she reappeared in 1999 she'd definitely just arrived back in the Bay.She turned up at the caravan park, didn't recognise Joel and thought Pippa was still running things.Although she did recognise Justine so she must have stuck around for a bit after her previous appearance since I don't think she'd arrived at that point.

Ah yes that's right, I've got that episode aswell and had forgotten......she must have left again before Pippa's departure presumably, she must have stuck around a bit following her 1997 appearance as Jesse referred to her babysitting Rachel

After a bit of research through the ep guides, I think this timeline may be along the right lines:

1989 (#350) - Colleen heads to Cairns to stay with her sister (oops, another continuity blip!)

1997 (#2084) - Heads back to the bay to clean out mobile home - only seen for one episode, but sticks around a while - Justine arrives 4 months later

Between June 1997 and March 1998 - Leaves the bay again, sometime before Pippa's departure

1999 (#2709) - Returns permanently after staying with Lance in Townsville

Even thought there has been times when i wish Colleen leaves show i always know she needed in show lyn collingwood is perfect actress.

I only wish she been made regluar character in polit then we whould of had Colleen gossip for whole 20 years.

The show was missing something in years 1990-1998 it was becouse we had no busybody in those year i mean in early years we had Chelia now we have Colleen

Do you reackon show lacking busybody in muddle years.

I seem to remember in the 1997 appearance she said she regularly came back to keep the mobile home clean in case Lance ever came back! I remember it because it gave me hope that Lance would come back one day... which he did a few years later :)

• 1 month later...

Archived