Speed - Any Better?

Guest Chris J

No error message but every now and then I get a page that loads really slow and it makes my firefox have an illegal error and I need to restart my laptop. But that could be my laptop.

That wouldn't be closed threads by any chance? Because I noticed last night that the closed threads in the spoiler section (haven't tried with links from ather sections) just won't open at all. I don't get any error messages or anything, the page just keeps loading and loading while it remains completely blank.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem with editing posts is now fixed. :)

So the general consensus seems to be that the site is slower. Hm. I do think it's quite a bit slower too. Not good. But I'm glad you're all celebrating the end of those stupid error messages! :D

I just have the same problems as some other people have already mentionned: sometimes (not often) the pages load slowly or I couldn't edit a post. You just said you fixed the edit problem but it's still not working for me. :( Maybe I have to wait for a few hours before it can work. :unsure:

I also have another problem I mentionned in the "Are you unsure?" thread:

When a thread has a lot of pages, it's usually possible to click on the number of pages and then a small white box appears in which you can say what page you want to go to. But it's not working anymore. Now there's a bigger box but it's impossible to type a number in it.

Does it have something to do with the change of server or is it my computer?

But apparently, it works for some people. :unsure:

But I'm very glad I don't get those error messages anymore. :D

I'm not sure what's going on with the Edit Post thing. It stopped working again for me too... I made the same change I made earlier and it's started working again. Whether it'll last for long this time, I don't know. Only time will tell.

I haven't noticed a huge difference in the speed but it doesn't seem any slower to me. And the lack of errors is fantastic! They drove me crazy sometimes, especially after I had just wrote a long post!

As for the editing posts thing I also still can't do that in IE... but there are ways around that. However, there is also a problem with the box where you can select the page you want to go on and the box that pops up when you have a PM (which doesn't really matter as you can view the PM elsewhere anyway).

Archived