Speed - Any Better?

Guest Chris J

So, we moved hosts on Christmas Eve. Since that point I've been on an awful mobile internet connection, as my main connection's buggered up. So I can't tell if speed and reliability has improved or not. :P So, has it? Have you noticed if the site has been any faster/slower, or more/less reliable since the server move? Any info would me much appreciated, so I can work out if this was a good move or not.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly can't remember having an error since the move which used to plague the old server.

One problem is that on IE7, the Edit Post tab isn't working. When I click on it, I get a white box and though I can get round this, it's not ideal.

After we moves I have had the impression that pages are loading slower than before, but that is most likely due to some weird combination of the forum and my line since I have both active up- and downloads. But everything else is so much better, so there's no need to dig out the tools and go trouble shooting for me! I haven't had a single IPS Error messages since we moved, and I used to have between 10 and 20 almost every day. And all the moderating actions I've tried so far seems to work a lot faster than before. So not really any complaints from me :D

Now that I think about everything. I haven't had an error message since the move but the pages are loading slower (I don't know if that's because of no broadband, anymore but it does seem slower than before).

I have had no error pages but a couple of times it has been slower and takes a while for it to load. But it doesn't last long and its a lot better than them error pages so it doesn't bother me too much so thanks for the move because I was almost throwing my laptop when I couldn't get on :lol:

Archived