Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's not the opening part, but I thought it belonged here anyway. Did anyone else notice the outro in Tuesdays ep? :)

What happened?

Well you usually get the what's happening in the "next ep", but this time they just had some views of the H&A ocean landscape with the old theme music. Not sure if everyone seen it, but I watched it on the Seven website so you can prolly still check it out. :)

Well it's not the opening part, but I thought it belonged here anyway. Did anyone else notice the outro in Tuesdays ep? :)

What happened?

Well you usually get the what's happening in the "next ep", but this time they just had some views of the H&A ocean landscape with the old theme music. Not sure if everyone seen it, but I watched it on the Seven website so you can prolly still check it out. :)

That happens at the end of every episode, but they just don't show it in Australia because they want to show all of the promos (the UK get it every day as far as I'm aware). You're more likely to see it if you watch on the PLUS7 site in Australia.

What happened?

That happens at the end of every episode, but they just don't show it in Australia because they want to show all of the promos (the UK get it every day as far as I'm aware). You're more likely to see it if you watch on the PLUS7 site in Australia.

Interesting. I often watch it on the Seven site and that's the first time I have seen it - haven't seen it since either haha. Was a good feeling to hear the music again though :)

I hope it was a mistake. :(

The current intro is the least imaginative in the show's history, In recent years I thought the 2010 intro was nice and the music was beautiful but sadly they've gone completely the other way now. I hate what's been done to this show. The content is mundane and there are many characters who are unlike able and just there to be a pretty face (this show is obsessed with looks).

Neighbours seem to have a lot of respect for their history and are proud to have opening and closing credits. H&A seem to want to strip the quirkiness and individuality out of the show completely and have it represent a generic US drama.

Thankfully the Home and Away text was back over the logo on todays episode. Yes here in the UK we have end credits at the end of every episode. Our channels do a split screen while promoting other programs on the channel. So the credits are on one side of the screen. These promotions don't usually last the whole duration of the credits. The part showing what happens in the next episode is shown before the end credits. So in the UK we are lucky in that respect.:)

Correct we in the UK get the end credits everyday with the theme starting from "suddenly clear, I will always need you here..." However they should've been updated to match the new title cards that were brought in last year. Theocracy view over the bay is from 2011 and matched the opening more back then.

• 1 month later...

What happened?

I went looking on Youtube and found this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux_hOwj8QRU

It says RTE in the corner, so does Ireland get to see this kind of thing EVERY episode? :cryingsmiley: not fair.

I'm afraid so, as does the UK! The title card hasn't been updated in over 4 years though.

I really dislike the opening titles that have been in use since 2013(?) The music is the worst it's ever been (scored music in episodes too) and I struggle to hear it in the recap which is probably what they want. I used to love the border around the screen in the recap too but that was done away with in 2009.

Archived