Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

I have been thinking. If they still had opening introes like before who do you all think would have been in it? I have been trying to think from 2009 til now which character would be in. Do you think Andy or Sophie would have been in the 2014 intro?

I've not read all of what's going on here, but I just REALLY want the 2000-2003 credits back with The Robertson Brothers on vocals. That was my introduction to the show when I started watching, and I loved it like that. I could learn actor's names without needing to look online.

Which of the versions did you prefer? I liked the late 2003 version the best, it looked so funny with all the squares moving at the camera

But the 2004 to 2006 was the best to be honest since we got to see their whole body, not just their head and we saw different characters together in one frame showing whos with who, like a couple, brothers or really good friends. The one with the Sutherland family was very funny i remember, when we saw Rhys pulling that rope and letting it go, why can´t they make these brilliant introes again? The 2007 to 2008 intro was pretty lame compared to that

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been thinking. If they still had opening introes like before who do you all think would have been in it? I have been trying to think from 2009 til now which character would be in. Do you think Andy or Sophie would have been in the 2014 intro?

I've not read all of what's going on here, but I just REALLY want the 2000-2003 credits back with The Robertson Brothers on vocals. That was my introduction to the show when I started watching, and I loved it like that. I could learn actor's names without needing to look online.

Which of the versions did you prefer? I liked the late 2003 version the best, it looked so funny with all the squares moving at the camera

But the 2004 to 2007 was the best to be honest since we got to see their whole body, not just their head and we saw different characters together in one frame showing whos with who, like a couple, brothers or really good friends. The one with the Sutherland family was very funny i remember, when we saw Rhys pulling that rope and letting it go, why can´t they make these brilliant introes again? The 2007 to 2008 intro was pretty lame compared to that

You must mean 2004 to 2006 as the credits were generally similar with just a few modifications throughout the years such as a different background colour and lighting and of course the cast changes that came with it along the way.

The 2007 opening credits were radically different to 2004 to 2006 as most of the characters were in photo frames apart from Alf and Sally (the two longest serving characters at the time).

But the 2004 to 2007 was the best to be honest since we got to see their whole body, not just their head and we saw different characters together in one frame showing whos with who, like a couple, brothers or really good friends. The one with the Sutherland family was very funny i remember, when we saw Rhys pulling that rope and letting it go, why can´t they make these brilliant introes again? The 2007 to 2008 intro was pretty lame compared to that

You must mean 2004 to 2006 as the credits were generally similar with just a few modifications throughout the years such as a different background colour and lighting and of course the cast changes that came with it along the way.

The 2007 opening credits were radically different to 2004 to 2006 as most of the characters were in photo frames apart from Alf and Sally (the two longest serving characters at the time).

My mistake, i meant 2004 to 2006 :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The themesong ALWAYS brought magic to the show, no matter how drab and silly the episode was, the themesong always gave it that feel of magic. They could have it very similar to the 80s opening credits.

Archived