Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it be so difficult to have the pictures moving at least?

the producers do not care what the fans want its always what they want you would think we are asking for sumthing big it wouldnt hurt to have a lovely opening with cast in them but instead we get pictures shoved together with bright colours you cant see the logo that clear never mind maybe one day we will get a producer that acualy listens to fans

Would it be so difficult to have the pictures moving at least?

the producers do not care what the fans want its always what they want you would think we are asking for sumthing big it wouldnt hurt to have a lovely opening with cast in them but instead we get pictures shoved together with bright colours you cant see the logo that clear never mind maybe one day we will get a producer that acualy listens to fans

The decision does not automatically reside with the producer - as Coral Drouyn has said many times, everything has the get past what she called "the suits". That being, the channel executives, the ones who deal with all the finance, and ultimately want as many viewers as possible to make as much money from advertising revenue. The way the media has changed over the last few years, many programmes just don't bother with opening credits at all, they just like to get straight into the drama to keep viewers hooked - from the perspective of "the suits" opening credits add nothing to the drama and thus viewers may wander if they're too long. It was much more likely that reducing the credits was an executive decision and one that I have to say is welcomed - they could just as easily (and probably wanted to) just scrap them. It's a cold hard fact that executives do not listen to fans - they listen to their accountants. And the more the money comes rolling in, the less reason they have to change their ways. So basically.....be thankful we've got any credits at all, and don't blame the producers, blame the channel executives.

Well I generally like the new opening theme and titles, but I honestly realy dislike the way the logo appears before an advertisment now. I don't like how the screen kind of pixilates into the logo- it just sort of makes everything seem fake and I just really don't like it. But like so many people have said at least we have credits now so I'm happy.

Well I generally like the new opening theme and titles, but I honestly realy dislike the way the logo appears before an advertisment now. I don't like how the screen kind of pixilates into the logo- it just sort of makes everything seem fake and I just really don't like it. But like so many people have said at least we have credits now so I'm happy.

im happy we have credits just dont like the cast not being in them otherwise they would be good

I can't stand it! I can't see the point in playing only 15 seconds of the tune, as without it in full it doesn't make sense. Also the background is too lary (sp) and seems very messy and gives me a headache. I wish they'd do the full tune with the actual characters and credits, or at least group stills whilst the tune is playing.

overall i think the credits are great and the vocals and im not too bothered about them being castless (although im sure they could of put pictures at least of the cast into them credits) my only concern is the lengh of the theme, these credits could of been the best we've had if the theme wasn't reduced, why not cut the promos they take up way to much time and give away most of the next storyline anyway, and no offence but australia has way to many breaks and im sure they don't really need them extra 15 seconds do they?? and one more thing if they needed to cut something why not the recap, sometimes that can go on for over 2 minutes im sure we would all prefer the credits over anything else wouldn't we.

I timed the theme song opening and it went for less than 15 seconds.. about 11-12 seconds...

don;t know what it is like in your area bu there home and away started yesterday at 7.04 and finished around 7.40pm

weird?

more ads?

Archived