Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

I haven't seen them yet in the context of an episode but from what I've seen I don't like them very much..the only plus is that theyve returned to a male/female vocal but even then they should have chosen new singers.

I thought I'd missed a bit when they just suddenly lurched into the song. This topped with no cast or credits and a colour thme that really doesnt suit the show I think it will receive a lot of complaints - again. I think they could've fitted some cast in there - the Neighbours opening was around 20 secs for many years with the cast shown. And now Neighbours have listetned to the viewers and returned to a longer opening with the missing line returned and plenty of cast- come on 7 take note! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The opening starts far too abruptly, yes. And it's far too bloody short.

But otherwise I'd rate it as one of the show's best themes for nearly a decade, if not THE best theme the show's seen.

It would have been better to have "You know we belong together...," into a "reacap" bed - BEFORE the titles, then after the recap go into the chorus.

Love the instrumentation on it though - and the return of a duet a positive move.

the theme hasnt changed one bit except for the female vocal the credits look cheap and tacky to much purple in them if the they dont change them and put cast back on im giving up on the show

Listen to the 2007 theme and then listen to the 2009 theme again, you'll notice that the music is completely different. If you need to hear more of it listen to the 2009 Closing theme that's on the site.

If you're talking about giving up the show solely based on its opening titles, then you can't really be that big a fan of the show itself.

ive watched home and away from episoade 1 do you agree with the way they cut credits short with no cast in them also 15 seconds of music im fed up of watching the show that i have loved over the years being cut like this its not right at the end of the day and im sure other fans will agree with me

Why give up on a show because you don't like the credits?? Sure if they cut you're favourite character or the writing got dreadul.

I love Home and Away and I loved the credits 96-99 and the first lot of picture frame ones, and used to enjoy when they changed and a new character was added. Just because I don't like the credits doesn't mean I will start to dislike the characters or the storylines. I just don't understand.

I *think* I like the new credits. I know I liked the colours, and the music was pretty good (still not as good as the Robertson Brothers, but hey) and I loved the new logo clips for commercial breaks. The only thing I'm not sure about is the order of things, and the background music while the recap was running. It could be because it was the season return episode that things were in a weird order, but I think I would have preferred to have a recap, and then the credits. The music was just a little too loud for the recaps if you ask me, but not horrible or anything.

As for castless credits... I think I got to whine all I needed when they cut the credits before the Olympic Cliffhanger last year, so I won't get to deep into that again. I do like credits with cast, but on the other hand I would rather watch good scenes than the same old credits over and over every day. I think it worked fine from mid 2006 to mid 2008 when they sometimes did short credits and sometimes long. When the previous credits with the frames frist came, I wasn't sure I liked that hey had cut out the names, but then again I liked that design too, so I don't really know.

But to sum up, too loud recap music, weird order, liked the colours, loved the commercial break idents. :D

Well.....I like the new theme song. I like how cheery it is (but not in a cheesy Robertson Brothers way) the backing music is really nice, atleast compared to that snorey composition we had in the last theme. I'd rather it be emotional, but if they consider the previous theme to be emotional, I'd rather not.....cheery will do.

The titles however. AWFUL. :ph34r: My worst nightmare of how they could have turned out. What the hell is with STILL pictures? Ok so for the locations, fine but when it passes by the surfers and that womans legs its just looks awful. The only part that looks ok is the tree... and the way the images lessen as it gets to the logo, everything else, bah, I'd have preffered the other style we have pictures of somewhere. But I suppose in relation to the previous style, it is slightly better and less embarrasing, but still, they could have done MUCH better

I can see myself NOT giving a crap when they add a new shot because it's just a boring old picture, castless and stillness, worst combination possible.

Well.....I like the new theme song. I like how cheery it is (but not in a cheesy Robertson Brothers way) the backing music is really nice, atleast compared to that snorey composition we had in the last theme. I'd rather it be emotional, but if they consider the previous theme to be emotional, I'd rather not.....cheery will do.

The titles however. AWFUL. :ph34r: My worst nightmare of how they could have turned out. What the hell is with STILL pictures? Ok so for the locations, fine but when it passes by the surfers and that womans legs its just looks awful. The only part that looks ok is the tree... and the way the images lessen as it gets to the logo, everything else, bah, I'd have preffered the other style we have pictures of somewhere. But I suppose in relation to the previous style, it is slightly better and less embarrasing, but still, they could have done MUCH better

I can see myself NOT giving a crap when they add a new shot because it's just a boring old picture, castless and stillness, worst combination possible.

Exactly my thoughts on the titles - if they had to go castless, they could have at least done something better than still pictures - something like the 2000 credits without the cast perhaps. It looks cheap & tacky - surely they could have used to money saved from not having to update them (possibly ever again) to create something stylish which could run for years.

As for the theme - I'm not overly keen and it seems ridiculous to go back to a duet to just have 'Hold me in your arms..." Without the preceding lines, it doesn't have the emotion to warrant a duet.

What annoys me the most is that Cameron Welsh seems to be behind it - I really thought the show would be in safe hands with him - but if he doesn't even understand the importance of the theme and titles to the viewers.

I think I'll have to wait to see these new titles on a proper TV and not YouTube before I can really judge them.

However, it REALLY does feel like you've missed the start of it, the way it seems to launch into the middle of the song now!

I did like the ad-break transitions though.

Looking around on other forums, the titles haven't gone down well at all. It's really pi**ed me off that they've made another set of generally disliked titles after all those suggestions and comments we've put forward over the years, surely they know the majority of those interested in the titles want the 1996 style back! So why'd they go for something no-one would ever have suggested? I don't understand what Cameron is on about with all this "They're nostalgaic, they really set the tone for 2009" stuff.......how do they? What has a visually confusing collage of still images (with places we rarely even see) got to do with 2009? Don't even get me started on "nostalgaic"........

Archived