Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

they were ok, but they seemed to go in less than 15 seocnds... make them slightly longer seven !.

They seemed to have the same theme as last year with the pics sliding from left to right.

I wish they were longer, you could hardly see them as it whizzed by so quickly.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I need to see it in the context of the episode in order to criticise it fully but the opening is beyond awful. It sounds as though you've been thrown right into the middle of the song. Of course we actually have but they made no effort whatsoever to make it.....flow? It just jars me. And though I welcome the return of the duet, the voices don't mesh together at all. V. disappointed.

The opening starts far too abruptly, yes. And it's far too bloody short.

But otherwise I'd rate it as one of the show's best themes for nearly a decade, if not THE best theme the show's seen.

It would have been better to have "You know we belong together...," into a "reacap" bed - BEFORE the titles, then after the recap go into the chorus.

Love the instrumentation on it though - and the return of a duet a positive move.

But otherwise I'd rate it as one of the show's best themes for nearly a decade, if not THE best theme the show's seen.

It would have been better to have "You know we belong together...," into a "reacap" bed - BEFORE the titles, then after the recap go into the chorus.

Love the instrumentation on it though - and the return of a duet a positive move.

the theme hasnt changed one bit except for the female vocal the credits look cheap and tacky to much purple in them if the they dont change them and put cast back on im giving up on the show

the theme hasnt changed one bit except for the female vocal the credits look cheap and tacky to much purple in them if the they dont change them and put cast back on im giving up on the show

Listen to the 2007 theme and then listen to the 2009 theme again, you'll notice that the music is completely different. If you need to hear more of it listen to the 2009 Closing theme that's on the site.

If you're talking about giving up the show solely based on its opening titles, then you can't really be that big a fan of the show itself.

Archived