Geoff/Melody

Jody

I don't think that Geoff and Nicole will last. Geoff's christian beliefs will get in the way and Nicole will want more. As for Geoff and Melody. No. Melody at the moment is in a bad place. Geoff and Melody as friends will work.

At the risk of having things thrown at me by the Adelle fans I wonder if Aden wouldn't be the best person to help Melody. This wouldn't have to be a romantic relationship although somewhere down the track it could be.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that Geoff and Nicole will last. Geoff's christian beliefs will get in the way and Nicole will want more. As for Geoff and Melody. No. Melody at the moment is in a bad place. Geoff and Melody as friends will work.

At the risk of having things thrown at me by the Adelle fans I wonder if Aden wouldn't be the best person to help Melody. This wouldn't have to be a romantic relationship although somewhere down the track it could be.

I agree with Aden helping her. When Geoff was hit by the car Aden comforted her. Aden seems the only one to understand her. Maybe together both Geoff and Aden will be able to help Melody. Hopefully Geoff and Melody can stay friends.

Please, no, not Aden and Melody.When he was comforting her, I was practically throwing things at the set.The guy's the poster child for mental instability and he's the one coaxing Melody out of a panic attack?It was obviously just there to make the viewers and/or Belle like him again.Didn't work.

Good storylines aside or not all I can say is I hope not. As if the poor girl doesn't cop enough flack as it is for the whole Geoff/Nicole thing. Could you imagine what would happen if she came between "the golden" couple? All you have to do is look at Angelo and multiply it by about 1000 considering Melody's already well disliked generally.

Geoff and Melody where adorable when they first got together. Really, really sweet and I agree the naivety about them was what made it so nice to watch. They wouldn't work anymore though as something more than friends and Geoff and Nicole seem to work well. Geoff's moved forward where as I don't think Melody should be in a relationship at all right now. I think she shoule be in a clinic and getting herself on track.

Please, no, not Aden and Melody.When he was comforting her, I was practically throwing things at the set.The guy's the poster child for mental instability and he's the one coaxing Melody out of a panic attack?It was obviously just there to make the viewers and/or Belle like him again.Didn't work.

It's not like the 'more mentally stable' characters in that scene was having much, or any luck in calming her down.

I doubt that scene was about making the viewers/Belle like him again. Most of the viewers never stopped after the kidnapping, well those who like him anyways. The majority of those who liked him before the kidnapped him still liked afterwards. Infact most were completely impressed by those scenes. And as for Belle this was the first and only time she was ever in a scene with Aden and Melody together. So I doubt their friendship as anything to do with impressing her. They might have kept her in the scene, to be surprised to see how good he was to Melody, but I seriously doubt the whole scene was created for that reason alone.

Could you imagine what would happen if she came between "the golden" couple? All you have to do is look at Angelo and multiply it by about 1000 considering Melody's already well disliked generally.

All the real Angelo hatred came from his behaviour towards the end of their relationship(when he started acting like a possesive jerk), and multiplied because of his actions after the break up. There may have been a handful of people who hated him from the beginning (just because he was with Belle), which is stupid, but that was it. Most still liked him, preferred if she would go back to Aden, but still liked Angelo. Reading back on this forum and elsewhere, it's clear that his character never suffered too much backlash from when he first dated Belle. It was his own actions later on that caused the hatred. It's his actions towards the end, and after the relationship that brought upon the mass hatred. And while some might still find his recent actions justifiable(that's their right), I think we should be allowed to hate him if we have valid reason(that's our right). And I find his recent actions to be that, a valid reason. In the beginning he never suffered any real backlash when he first started dating Belle. There was some. But it wasn't anywhere close to being really bad. Infact most Adelle fans couldn't bring themselves to hate him, because he was too likeable at the time. But with actions now, thats changed.

In my opinion, Melody has had it ten times worse so far. The second she came back and made a play for Geoff the hate started, and hasn't stopped since then. And amazingly enough more people have turned on her then Angelo. Atleast he was loved by the majority of people (even when he was with Belle in the beginning)and even now still has a strong following. With Angelo, back then most just wanted him away from Belle (but to stayon the show because he was a good character), but with Mel, most want her gone of the show completely because she keeps intereferring with Nic and Geoff's relationship. Theres various other reasons to, but most come back to the fact that she keeps causing problems for Nic/Geoff.

This is just my opinion on the subject anyway. Nothing else. So back to Melody/Geoff.

I agree with everyone who has said Melody needs to be on her own. I think she needs to get over this obssession with Geoff as well. It's not doing her any favours.

Edited by Jody

There may have been a handful of people who hated him from the beginning (just because he was with Belle), which is stupid, but that was it. Most still liked him, preferred if she would go back to Aden, but still liked Angelo. Reading back on this forum and elsewhere, it's clear that his character never suffered too much backlash from when he first dated Belle.

I'm sorry but I beg to differ. It was a lot more than a handful and with comments like "he's so slimy with Belle and Charlie" and "loser cop" and it was all way before anything to do with the infamous chair incident. It happens when couples become popular and I don't think anyone can really deny that the person who gets in the way isn't unjustifiably slammed by a lot of people. It's a syndrome of every soap. It is their right not to like him even if it because he wasn't Aden (or whatever other reason mentioned) but I'm allowed to comment on it and from where I'm standing there was and still is a lot of anti Angelo purely because of his relationship with Belle. I;m not saying I havn't read a lot of good reasons not to like it but most are just because of Aden and Belle being apart. I don't want Melody next on the list.

Edited by Jamey-Maria

Good storylines aside or not all I can say is I hope not. As if the poor girl doesn't cop enough flack as it is for the whole Geoff/Nicole thing. Could you imagine what would happen if she came between "the golden" couple? All you have to do is look at Angelo and multiply it by about 1000 considering Melody's already well disliked generally.

Can you imagine it. It would be like the writers offering her up as a sacrificial lamb to the slaughter. The lack of understanding & empathy towards Melody's character is already so high. The vilification that would follow, if this were ever to happen, would be on a par to that towards Sam.

Anyway, the only road the writers need to take with Mel is one towards singledom & working through all her issues. And the only bonding between characters that is needed is that between Miles & Mel. I really hope that the Melbourne scenes lead to this. Plus when she does return I would like to see her re-enter counselling. I don't think she herself likes/wants Geoff for romantic reasons. She's obsessed with the relationship, not out of love, but out of safety. That time when she was with Geoff, was the only time she felt normal, accepted for who she was & the relationship was something her mother did not control (initially). I think she just craves that feeling, when she felt everything would be okay, and she thinks getting back together with Geoff would recreate that. And miraculously all her problems would be over.

I would love more scenes between Melody and Aden. I love their friendship. It feels real, unlike that other friendship of his. And I think he could help her alot. I want to see more of them but not as a relationship though. She looks like small kid in front of him. Also I can't see them as a couple. It would be horrible to watch.

Whilst I do like the Aden/Mel scenes, I don't think that it could ever really be called a friendship. To me it's a one way street, in that it's always Aden listening to Mel's problems or Aden comforting Melody when she freaks out. Have we ever seen a role-reversal. Never. In a friendship, the communication & support extends both ways. Mel is drawn to Aden & opens up to him easily because they've both experienced time in a mental health clinic, and had strong issues to deal with. If anyone would undertsand, it would be him. This doesn't equate to them being friends. You hit the nail on the head, when you said "she looks like a small kid in front of him". It's almost as though she looks up to him for support, and talks through her problems with him, like you would with a counsellor or some other type of outside person.

Aden was once mentally unstable, but he's worked through his issues (albeit a little too speedily) with counselling, emotional support from Belle, help & guidance from Roman & friendship from Nicole. Because he's been through it himself, he can relate to what Mel's going through, and help her when she's in an intense situation (like the panic attack). But I don't see them hanging out, spending time together, being there for each other like friends would. And I can never, ever imagine them together romantically & neither would I like too.

I doubt that scene was about making the viewers/Belle like him again. Most of the viewers never stopped after the kidnapping, well those who like him anyways. The majority of those who liked him before the kidnapped him still liked afterwards. Infact most were completely impressed by those scenes. And as for Belle this was the first and only time she was ever in a scene with Aden and Melody together. So I doubt their friendship as anything to do with impressing her. They might have kept her in the scene, to be surprised to see how good he was to Melody, but I seriously doubt the whole scene was created for that reason alone.

I think the fact that, as I recall, the scene ended with a massive close-up of Belle indicates what the important thing was.(At the very least, it was in there.)Presumably she was supposed to be thinking "Oh, he's so nice" as opposed to "Why are all my scenes with this guy again?"

And I agree with the comments about Angelo:A lot, if not necessarily all, Aden/Belle fans hated the guy for getting in the way of their perfect(/hideously mismatched/totally dysfunctional)couple right from the start, using Aden's childish "stupid loser cop" mantra, hating him for arresting Aden(?!)and calling him "sleazy" for dating Belle and Charlie so close together while Belle was sleeping with Aden behind his back.