Skinny Fears For Home And Aways Belle.

Guest stephyrose4

But it's not like anyone can deny that she does look too thin. I don't understand why people can't say that without getting attacked. We've seen lots of pics where she looks very frail so if that isn't *too* thin then I don't know what is.

People can't say it without getting attacked because it isn't fair to comment on somebody's weight when you don't know the circumstances. As a naturally skinny person it infuriates me how the media constantly makes judgements like this. Just because someone is thin doesn't mean they have an eating disorder. People don't like to admit it because it doesn't seem fair, but some people are just naturally very thin. Obviously Jessica has lost weight recently as she wasn't quite as skinny before, but she's always had a very slight figure so it would only take losing a few pounds to make a noticeable difference, and that could have been caused by any number of things (over-work being a perfectly plausible example). Stress isn't going to help either, so if people want her to put on weight maybe they should leave her alone and stop criticising her in the national press. :P

That is exactly what I was going to say. I have been naturally skinny my whole life but that doesn't mean I have an eating disorder. People commenting on my weight has never helped because I've always known that I'm skinny. Yes, Jess looks thin but in no way, will anyone commenting on her weight help her.

Sorry, if I have offended anyone but I just had to say that.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe though that if you are prepared to accept the good things that a certain life style brings you, you also have to accept those that are negative.

She's a human being. Celebrity doesn't change that. Why don't we go into the photo thread in General Chat and start picking out which BTTB members are too thin and too fat? It's not our fault if their feelings get hurt, they deserve it for having the audacity to share their image with people.

And I do do that. I do talk about people behind their backs - whether they're losing or putting on weight, whether their clothes are crap etc. If Jess is hurt by what lots of people say, maybe it's not them that's ignorant, it's her.

why would she be ignorant for being offended about what people say to her? thats like you saying, "geez bailey you have a fat arse today, but don't get offended cause that'll just show your ignorance?"" HUH!!! She has every right to be hurt about what people say to her or about her, because at the end of the day she is the only one that really knows whats going on, and it might not be nothing at all we have no right to critise her or judge her without knowing the full story...

And I do do that. I do talk about people behind their backs - whether they're losing or putting on weight, whether their clothes are crap etc. If Jess is hurt by what lots of people say, maybe it's not them that's ignorant, it's her.

You talk, but do you put it in writing and post it on the internet on a site specifically pertaining to what that person does, knowing that they or people they speak to will have complete and easy access to it? Maybe you do, maybe you don't care, but I care and I wouldn't attack Jess Tovey about her weight on here, anymore than I'd bitch about one of my friends on a mutual friend's Facebook page. It's cruel, inconsiderate, and wholly unnecessary. If your self-esteem is so low that you can only make yourself feel good by belittling and criticising others, then I feel sorry for you.

I didn't mean to get so personal but if you're so blatantly uncaring of other people's feelings, I guess I shouldn't worry about yours.

But it's not like anyone can deny that she does look too thin. I don't understand why people can't say that without getting attacked. We've seen lots of pics where she looks very frail so if that isn't *too* thin then I don't know what is.

People can't say it without getting attacked because it isn't fair to comment on somebody's weight when you don't know the circumstances. As a naturally skinny person it infuriates me how the media constantly makes judgements like this. Just because someone is thin doesn't mean they have an eating disorder. People don't like to admit it because it doesn't seem fair, but some people are just naturally very thin. Obviously Jessica has lost weight recently as she wasn't quite as skinny before, but she's always had a very slight figure so it would only take losing a few pounds to make a noticeable difference, and that could have been caused by any number of things (over-work being a perfectly plausible example).

What?! 'It isn't fair to comment on somebody's weight' but you just did by saying 'obviously Jessica has lost weight', that's pretty much the same as me saying she's too thin. Almost every post in here has said something about her weight so that is commenting.

What people are getting completely wrong with is that when someone says Jess is too thin, it's not the same as saying she has an eating disorder. How hard is it to make that difference. :rolleyes: I never said she had anorexia, I don't think others have either. What we shouldn't speculate is what is the cause of it, ie. being all 'omfg shes is totally anorexic' because that is just one possible reason, along with many others. Of course being slim is not a bad thing. All the girls on haa is slim and why Jess stands out is because she does look unhealthily thin. Like Cerise said, she does look too thin in those pics and anyone that says otherwise needs to get their eyes checked. That is definitely not 'naturally thin'. Btw, I am a thin girl so I'm not jealous or whatever and when a 'naturally thin' person looses considerable amount of weight, it is just as obvious as a bigger person losing weight and unless you're blind you can tell if it is unhealthy or not. Being naturally thin doesn't mean you can't loose weight and become unhealthy.

why would she be ignorant for being offended about what people say to her? thats like you saying, "geez bailey you have a fat arse today, but don't get offended cause that'll just show your ignorance?"" HUH!!! She has every right to be hurt about what people say to her or about her, because at the end of the day she is the only one that really knows whats going on, and it might not be nothing at all we have no right to critise her or judge her without knowing the full story...

Yes, it's just one opinion a crowd maybe they've got it wrong. But if people go one way or the other, and lots of people agree, then maybe they're right and the truth isn't always nice.

It's cruel, inconsiderate, and wholly unnecessary. If your self-esteem is so low that you can only make yourself feel good by belittling and criticising others, then I feel sorry for you.

I didn't mean to get so personal but if you're so blatantly uncaring of other people's feelings, I guess I shouldn't worry about yours.

I will call it as I see it. Someone asks me about something, I'll tell them what I think of it and not what they want to hear. The newspaper brings up an issue about Jess's weight. I've added my two pennies worth. (Now worth two Euro-cents).

You talk, but do you put it in writing and post it on the internet on a site specifically pertaining to what that person does, knowing that they or people they speak to will have complete and easy access to it? Maybe you do, maybe you don't care, but I care and I wouldn't attack Jess Tovey about her weight on here, anymore than I'd bitch about one of my friends on a mutual friend's Facebook page. It's cruel, inconsiderate, and wholly unnecessary. If your self-esteem is so low that you can only make yourself feel good by belittling and criticising others, then I feel sorry for you.

You basically said what I was thinking about that

Aand who are we udge when all we have seen are pictures of Jess that shows she has lost weight, yes I can see that she has lost weight and she doesn't look the best but its none of my business to judge why she has lost it, stress, medical condition what ever, the fact is it is not our business and I dont think anyone has the right to be rude or inconsiderate and talk about people behind their backs if they are overweight or under-weight, pretty or not so pretty, has good fashion sense or not, it doesn't matter and we shouldn't judge people just by what they look like or what they wear.

Hey guys, this article was posted on HAAC, from Jess, and thought I'd post it here, to clear a few things up.

Home and Away's Jessica Tovey's health fears

Herald Sun

Dec 16

HOME and Away star Jessica Tovey has sparked fears for her health after pictures surfaced of her looking skeletal and fragile on the set of the long-running soap.

Tovey, who plays Belle Taylor on the family drama, was photographed last week on the set of the show at Sydney's Palm Beach with her ribs showing through her thin grey T-shirt.

Sources confirmed Tovey had lost weight, putting it down to her heavy shooting schedule.

But a Channel 7 spokeswoman yesterday said there was no cause for concern.

"Jess has a particularly small frame and any slight weight loss is noticeable," she said. "All of our employees are valued and we strive to make sure everybody is as healthy as they need to be.

"She is a really responsible, wonderful young woman and we trust her to look after herself.

"Jess has had an amazing year. In particular, her workload over the past three months has been massive. The scheduled summer break has come at a terrific time."

Tovey is planning a camping holiday with friends before spending Christmas with her family.

0,,6400876,00.jpg

Archived