Skinny Fears For Home And Aways Belle.

Guest stephyrose4

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of us know the fully story, so none of us has the right to say anything bad about Jess's weight. Maybe she has a medical problem that is making her lose weight, like ulcers in her stomach or something. We dont know but there is no reason to go around assuming that she is anorexic or bulimic or its because of her busy work schedule or her relationship.

The fact is we have no idea, unless someone sees her in the street and asks her why she is so skinny, but that is just rude, either way, jess is gorgeous and that article makes it sound worse, very worse than it probably really is. <_<

I hadn't realised that it was actually from the New-Zealand version of Womans Day. They seem to always do this kind of thing and it disgusts me ( I just hope they don't do a poll about her next week, or she ends up on stuff.co.nz). Ok, yes most women do have body image issues and I acknowledge that like every other person I have issues about my body and of course fat days, but does it mean that the media should kick up a fuss just because someone has lost weight or put it on... No.

As everyone else has said, Jess is naturally very slender and this on it's own is sadly enough for the tabloids to have a field day by labelling her as being something she's not.

It's wrong that Women's day have done this, and I really hope that there is not a heap of hate mail directed at Jess in next weeks mag.

:(

p.s. I hope my comment doesn't make me look arrogant or anything, so feel free to report it if you think it's out of line.

I hadn't realised that it was actually from the New-Zealand version of Womans Day. They seem to always do this kind of thing and it disgusts me ( I just hope they don't do a poll about her next week, or she ends up on stuff.co.nz). Ok, yes most women do have body image issues and I acknowledge that like every other person I have issues about my body and of course fat days, but does it mean that the media should kick up a fuss just because someone has lost weight or put it on... No.

As everyone else has said, Jess is naturally very slender and this on it's own is sadly enough for the tabloids to have a field day by labelling her as being something she's not.

It's wrong that Women's day have done this, and I really hope that there is not a heap of hate mail directed at Jess in next weeks mag.

:(

p.s. I hope my comment doesn't make me look arrogant or anything, so feel free to report it if you think it's out of line.

Nope you did a good job :D...can't stand that mag too thats why i never buy it EVER!!! they make up ridiculous stories and expect people like you and me to believe it. I wouldn't be suprised if Womans Day ended up like Star magazine in the US where everything they do is fake from their overthetop photoshoped images to their fake storylines!

As for Jess, i agree we don't know the situation at all, i for one would not want anyone to comment on my weight thats for sure, so im not going to start judging hers...

I agree with what other posters have said, and would also like to add, IF she is making unhealthy decisions based on a skewed self-image, then - apart from it being entirely HER business - what the hell do these morons think it's going to do to her if they point to her body and say "OMG! SHE IS LYK SO SKINI! EWWWUH!!!!! WOT A BAD ROLL MODALL!!!! SHE SHUD BE MUR REZBOSIBUL N STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o " I used improper English because I don't presume these sorts of people to have the intelligence necessary to grasp the real thing, or indeed to grasp the concepts of human decency and compassion. The worst thing is that they actually pretend to care about the person they're publicly humiliating.

Sorry, I just laughed SO bad at that :lol:

Anyone who says she isn't thin needs to look that word up in the dictionary. I won't lie because that picture is seriously disturbing. I've always said she's really skinny but that's a drastic weiht loss, especially when I thought she could lose no more after one of the photoshoots. If anyone says to me "OMG She dont look underthinny atr all! Ur dont knowin waht ur talkin bout!" I will personally hand them a dictionary.

I agree Cerise. She is so thin, I'm not going to lie. But I don't think she is one of those stars who are starving themselves. I think she is skinny anyway and lately she has been working a lot and has had some really tough storylines so maybe thats why she has lost so much weight.

It seems Channel 7 have commented on her behalf. Here's an article from the Herald Sun newspaper. :)

Home and Away's Jessica Tovey's health fears

Herald Sun (heraldsun.com.au)

December 16, 2008 12:00am

HOME and Away star Jessica Tovey has sparked fears for her health after pictures surfaced of her looking skeletal and fragile on the set of the long-running soap.

Tovey, who plays Belle Taylor on the family drama, was photographed last week on the set of the show at Sydney's Palm Beach with her ribs showing through her thin grey T-shirt.

Sources confirmed Tovey had lost weight, putting it down to her heavy shooting schedule.

But a Channel 7 spokeswoman yesterday said there was no cause for concern.

"Jess has a particularly small frame and any slight weight loss is noticeable," she said. "All of our employees are valued and we strive to make sure everybody is as healthy as they need to be.

"She is a really responsible, wonderful young woman and we trust her to look after herself.

"Jess has had an amazing year. In particular, her workload over the past three months has been massive. The scheduled summer break has come at a terrific time."

Tovey is planning a camping holiday with friends before spending Christmas with her family.

Archived