Life On The Inside (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Taniya_K

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow I wasn’t expecting that.

I loved the way you did the first part of the epilogue obviously giving the impression that Aden was still behind bars. As I said before I’m quite choosy about the fan-fics I read but after reading this one, I guess I’ll have to start looking at others as you’ve shown they can be interesting and well written. And most importantly you’ve stayed true to your word as although you got your revenge (so to speak) I felt that you did present the characters in a balanced fashion.

I know this was an exception as you used this as some sort of way to vent your frustration with the way the character had been portrayed in the show but do you generally tend to write stories for any character or do you have a particular preference?

Thanks for your kind comments, people, glad you all liked the end and, indeed, the beginning and the middle.As I've never seen an episode of The OC, I think we'll have to chalk that one up to another example of Jung's collective unconsciousness.

Do I have a preferred character to write for?The short answer would be no, although my most recent completed fics do seem to have centred around the current younger characters.But characters can be prominent in one and then in the background or wholly absent in another.It's just a question of what inspires me or what I dislike in the show and want to change.

As for revenge, I like to think of it more as a case of serving the story although it's probably true that there are certain characters that I'd be more likely to do certain things to than others.I like to think I know where the lines are and I know which ones I can cross.

Edited by Red Ranger 1

amazing, just amazing Red Ranger :)

I really enjoyed that, and I liked how you still included that bit about Belle still living int he city and being married to a local doctor and not a policeman lol :)

I really enjoyed this and will be looking for any other fic's you may be thinking of writing :)

Finally managed to get on the net to read this ending.

It really was very well done. I loved how you summed up everything- Aden, Belle, Trev, and I loved those scenes of Aden with the councillor and then Aden as a councillor. I think that was a great idea for Aden to have a framed copy of the article- very clever! A wonderful written story- thankyou for sharing it with us.

Once again, thanks to everyone who's been commenting on this fic and reading it.I started it in a rush before I could think about it hard enough to stop myself and expected it to have at best a niche readership so the response has been overwhelming.And I probably overstepped the mark for a T-rating on at least three counts but I was fed up of giving all my fics As.

And having refuted one count of plagiarism, I should probably confess that one scene was heavily "inspired by" an earlier HA storyline.But thankfully no-one seems to have noticed that.

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to Life On The Inside (by Red Ranger 1) - comments