It's Not Over

Guest Traceve

Same as Jody, didnt expect the cake to get a mention neither :P What did Maxine Trood mean again?

Maxine Trood was the name Eve used when she came back the last time around. Peter spent ages trying to figure out what it mean't. It was an anagram for I AM NEXT DOOR.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys! :D Sorry for the wait... you know how everyone's so busy over Christmas and New Years :P

Four

“Can you go over it one more time? I think I missed something.” Tracey asked, she was seated at the kitchen table, pen and paper in hand writing down exactly what Eve was saying.

“You know what’s even better? That if they decide to hold a town meeting we’ll be invited!” Eve happily gushed.

“Eve, can you go over the plan again?” Tracey asked again.

“Oh right, sorry I got a bit carried away there for a moment,” Eve paused before continuing to go over the plan again for Tracey. “We’ll send the diner -“

“Pier Diner,” Tracey cut in.

“Sorry, we’ll send the Pier Diner, Surf Club and Peter a blank sheet of paper with two words on them 'Tick Tock'. That’ll get them all freaked out and nervous,” Eve giggled.

“After that?”

“I still have a copy of the tape I sent Jack and Martha at their engagement party, I’ll send that to them, again.”

“What happens if they just think it’s a copy cat?”

“They’ll probably only think of that for a brief moment, then immediately call a town meeting. You know it doesn’t take much for them to freak out and call one of those. Sometime in between all that I vote we trash Irene's house.”

“Irene's for sure. That's about all it took last time," Tracey agreed," Then what will happen?"

"I haven't quite gotten that far yet, but I did come up with this," Eve pushed a peice of paper across the table towards Tracey.

"Your hit list?"

Eve nodded, "Peter, Irene, Rachel, that guy called Miles and Jack."

"Why isn't Kim on the list? I thought he would have been number one."

"Apparently he moved to the city with Kit Hunter."

"Who? Why Rachel?"

Eve shrugged," Never mind that. Rachel because Kim was happier with her than when he was with me."

Tracey nodded, she understood. "How are we going to kill them?"

"We still have the guns from last time, we could shoot them, but then they may trace the bullets back to you. Strangulation by hand takes way too long, same as smothering-"

Tracey cut in," What about just hitting them over the head repeatedly with a blunt object?"

"Too messy, I do have two bombs hidden away somewhere. We could rig one up at the town meeting."

"I like the way your mind works," Tracey grinned.

Three days later on a cold August day Tracey flopped down into the nearest chair, kicked off her heels and rested her feet on the chair opposite her. She had just returned from delivering the notes. Tracey had printed them straight off of Eve's laptop, folded them once and shoved them into three separate envelopes. She had then sealed and stamped them. Lastly she followed Eve’s instructions and had mailed them at the mailbox outside the Holden's house.

Tracey went to call out Eve's name, but then remembered she wasn’t home. Eve was out trashing Irene's house. They had been watching Irene's house for the past few days so they knew when and how long Eve had to do it in before someone came home.

Tracey lifted one of her feet up onto her lap and inspected the blisters. She had three. Tracey sighed after all, Eve did warn her not to walk around in heels for over a half hour.

Tracey stood up and waddled over to the couch, wincing in pain when she put her weight on her feet. She collapsed down onto the couch and took a deep breath. Glancing up at the clock she frowned, Eve was meant to be back ten minutes ago.

"Oh dear," Tracey said softly. Her head snapped up when she heard the front door open. As soon as she saw Eve walk into the main room Tracey jumped over and ran over to her, ignoring the pain in her feet. She threw her arms around Eve and held her tightly.

"Uh..." Eve had to take a step backwards because she wasn't expecting the hug.

"You're late! Don't ever come home later again! I was worried, I thought that you may have been caught. Why were you late home?" Tracey shouted.

"Chill out," Eve shouted back," The reason I'm late home is because I had to wait for Belle Taylor to leave the house, she took longer than usual because she had a phone call."

"Oh," Tracey said quietly, she then waddled back over to the couch and sat down, "Sorry, I just... I thought you had been sprung is all."

Can you go over it one more time? I think I missed something. Tracey asked, she was seated at the kitchen table, pen and paper in hand writing down exactly what Eve was saying.

You know whats even better? That if they decide to hold a town meeting well be invited!” Eve happily gushed.

Eve, can you go over the plan again? Tracey asked again.

Oh right, sorry I got a bit carried away there for a moment, Eve paused before continuing to go over the plan again for Tracey.

Theyll probably only think of that for a brief moment, then immediately call a town meeting. You know it doesnt take much for them to freak out and call one of those. Sometime in between all that I vote we trash Irene's house.

Tracey nodded, she understood. "How are we going to kill them?"

"We still have the guns from last time, we could shoot them, but then they may trace the bullets back to you. Strangulation by hand takes way too long, same as smothering-"

Tracey cut in," What about just hitting them over the head repeatedly with a blunt object?"

"Too messy, I do have two bombs hidden away somewhere. We could rig one up at the town meeting."

"I like the way your mind works," Tracey grinned.

Loved these 3 parts.

I smiled at how giddy Eve was for their revenge. She's like an excited child.

The second part is so true. They really do get freaked out way to easily.

The third part was hilarious. Something about the image of them sitting there, being serious, while trying to come up with the easiest method to kill people is so funny. It feels so wrong to find that funny, but with these two I can't help it.

As for Eve's hit list, the way they talked about it, you would think it was a shopping list.

Yeah, I understand the lack of updates, holiday time can get really hectic.

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys. I hope everyone's still interested in the fic given that it's been over a month since my last update. :lol: Im trying to update ALL my fics tonight. :D

Five

Eve yawned and pushed her straying curls out of her eyes for the third time that morning. The doorbell ringing interrupted to her from her thoughts. Eve quickly put on her wig and glasses before opening the door. As she opened the door she saw Peter Baker standing there. This was the first time Eve had seen Peter since being back in the bay.

He smiled at Eve, "Hi there, I'm Peter Baker."

"Hello, I'm Erin."

"Do you have a surname Erin?"

"Yes."

"Can you tell me it?"

"That depends Mr. Baker, what are you doing here?"

"I've heard that your new in town and since you don't know anyone else, I thought I'd personally come over and tell you about the town meeting being held tonight at the Surf Club."

"Why is there going to be a town meeting?"

"That will be revealed during the meeting."

"Is it important to attend? I was planning on putting my feet up, eating a carton of ice-cream and watching Full House reruns."

Peter raised an eyebrow,” A whole carton to yourself?"

Eve rolled her eyes," You're missing the point. Do I have to go?"

"Yes, I expect to see you there at six sharp. Bring your um... girlfriend too."

“Bye,” Eve shut the door in his face and rolled her eyes again, “He hasn’t changed. He’s still a loser.”

Peter hadn’t told Amanda that Eve was back in town yet. He didn’t want to worry her in her fragile state. That fragile state being that she was pregnant, exactly 7 months along. He knew if he told her she’d worry herself crazy and he didn’t want to risk that. He loved his unborn baby too much to put her or him at risk. Peter chewed on his bottom lip and watched his wife pour him another cup of coffee.

Amanda was the only person in town unaware of the town meeting being held in exactly an hour. He knew if she went she’d find out about Eve and then most likely get mad at him for not telling her prior to the meeting. No, she couldn’t go to the meeting. But she couldn’t stay at home by herself with a mad woman on the loose. Maybe she could go to the city for a while. Perfect.

“Amanda, I’ve been thinking…”

“Uh oh,” Amanda giggled, “that can’t be good.”

Peter rolled his eyes,” Funny, no this is serious babe. Come and sit down.”

Holly followed Peter into the living room and sat beside him on the couch. He leaned forwards and held both her hands.

“I think you should go and stay at my parents in the city for a couple of weeks.”

“Why?”

“They really like you and they’re excited for the baby and I just thought it might be a good idea if you went and spent some time with them.”

“Are you going to come to?”

Peter shook his head,” No, I have to work.”

‘”I don’t understand.”

“There’s a huge case I’m working on and it’s not safe here for you right now. Promise me you’ll go, I’ll call every day.”

Amanda nodded,” If it’s what you want I’ll go…”

Peter smiled gently and kissed her forehead, “Trust me.”

Tracey laughed as Eve told her what had happened earlier with Peter.

“He didn’t recognize you at all? Come on, it’s not that hard to tell with the disguise!”

Eve shook her head making her curls spring into her eyes, she tucked them behind her ears.

“Wow, he’s even stupider than I thought.” Tracey sneered and pulled on the closest top she could find, it had been flung onto the pedestal fan the previous night.

“I’m thinking of buying a hair straighter, these curls just drive me insane.”

“They’re your trademark, plus I kind of like them so you can’t!” Tracey frowned,” and where are you going to get money for them? We can’t work because people will know it’s us.”

“Remember that guy we knocked off, the one that owns our car, well our car minus the new number plates.”

Tracey nodded.

“He had a fair amount of money in his wallet.”

“He did? How come I hadn’t heard of this till now? Why did you keep it from me?” Tracey put her hands on her hips.

“I didn’t want you to know that we were kind of struggling financially, that I couldn’t manage to keep us a float.”

Tracey’s anger slowly faded into sympathy.

“I know that’s silly, I want to provide for you and to do that I need more than just the money we were getting doing odd jobs for the neighbor hood. It’s hard to earn real money unless your working and we can’t all because I went nuts.”

“You didn’t go nuts, don’t ever say that again. Just because it’s what some stuck up Summer Bay residents think doesn’t mean it’s true!”

Eve sighed and nodded, Tracey was right. As usual.

Eve changed the subject,” You ready for our big moment?”

Tracey grinned, “Of course, this time our plan will work sparklers or no sparklers.”

Forty-five minutes later Eve and Tracey were seated in the back row at the surf club. They recognized some of the residents sitting in front of them, Leah, Irene, Belle, Alf and Sally. They could see Jack and Peter standing on the stage chatting with Fitzy and some random brunette cop.

A tipsy brunette woman sat down beside Eve and turned towards her and spoke.

“Hi, I’m Jazz and you are?” Jazz asked her.

“I’m Erin and this is Terry” Eve said pointing to Tracey.

Jazz gasped,” Are you two LESBIANS!?”

Colleen spun around and stared, her mouth wide open in shock.

• 3 weeks later...

Note: This is my second attempt at this chapter. Unfortunately I must have accidently deleted it from my computer and I think it was much better than this one. I’m so pissed off at myself for it :angry:

Chapter Six

The meeting had only been going for twenty minutes and already Tracey was wishing Peter would shup up and get on with it. How many times could he tell the residents of the Bay that it was a delicate situation? Three times in one sentence apparently. Tracey scanned the members of the Police Force, she recognised most of them with the exception of a brunette woman and a average looking guy standing next to her. They were giving each other gaga eyes. Tracey laughed under her breath, she wouldn't be surprised if they started making out right then and there.

Eve was focusing on the residents, she only knew a handful. Most of them must have moved in after she left. She did recognise the doctor that Kim had shacked up with, but Kim was nowhere in sight. Eve smirked, that strangely made her happy.

Peter was exactly how Tracey remembered him. He was still the same clueless man who droned on and on in monotone with no expression at all. Tracey’s gaze fell upon his left hand, more precisely his ring finger that had been ringless when she left now had a wedding band on it. Peter had gotten married, but who to? Tracey wondered if it was the new brunette cop or Clare Brody, but it couldn't have been her because she was nowhere to be seen.

Jazz had quieted down and paying attention with the little attention span she had after drinking wine. She was counting the freckles on the back of Irene’s neck.

"Five, six, seven and a mole!" Jazz said under her breath lost in her own tipsy world. Tracey rolled her eyes at the woman. She must have been in her thirties and was drunk at a town meeting. Tracey wondered if the woman had any shame.

Eve was glad Jazz was intoxicated, it would be much easier to stay on track with their plan. Eve had planned to sneak outside with Tracey when Jack took over speaking, which wasn’t going to happen anytime soon as Peter just reminded them it was a delicate situation for the fourth time.

Eve and Tracey had snuck in ten minutes before the meeting was due to start, when the room was empty and set up two bombs under the stage, one on either side. Eve had the remote trigger in her jacket pocket. Tracey had hoped it would be enough for the whole room to go up, or at the very least execute the entire Police Force.

"We have increased patrols on the streets and if you witness anything at all out of the ordinary we urge you to call..." Tracey tuned Peter out and started to pick at her finger nails. As soon as Peter finally stopped talking instead of Jack taking over the role a brunette cop stepped up to the microphone. Eve wondered if she was sleeping with Peter because back in the day it was Jack who used to take over from Peter. Tracey knew she recognised the woman, but couldn't work out where from.

"Thank you for that helpful but long talk Peter," she smirked at him making him blush, turning back to the restless audience she spoke again, "For those of you who don't know who I am, I'm Constable Charlie Buckton."

Then it clicked, she was the woman Tracey had seen on her second first day walking along the beach with the blonde man and his blonde daughter.

Tracey looked sideways at Eve and nodded to leave now. Eve shook her head slightly, she wasn't ready just yet.

"For those of you who don't remember the suspect this is a photograph taken some years ago," Charlie held up a photo of Eve. Tracey frowned, she was never given any credit. She would be forever known as "the acompliance." Eve rolled her eyes, they got someone to talk about her that wasn't even around when she was here the first time or second time.

"Excuse me one second," Peter cut in," You're forgetting the other suspect Tracey Thompson."

"Right sorry," Charlie flipped through a large evenvelope and pulled out another photograph. She held it up and started talking about Tracey.

Tracey pushed down the urge to grin and silently thanked Peter in her mind instead. Maybe he wasn't so useless after all.

Tracey paid attention to Charlie for another five minutes before looking at Eve again, she was starting to get nervous. Eve finally nodded agreeing it was time to leave now.

Eve and Tracey snuck out the back door and didn't speak until they reached the car park.

"Are you ready?" Eve asked Tracey taking the trigger out of her jacket pocket. Tracey looked down at the trigger and then back at the building.

She slowly nodded. If Tracey was being honest with herself all of a sudden she did feel a bit guilty for what they were about to do. But those feelings left her when she remembered how much this town had hurt Eve.

Eve moved her finger over the trigger ready to press down when Jazz appeared behind them.

Archived