Jump to content

Jade Sutherland - Kate Garven


Recommended Posts

Unfortunately she was always overshadowed by selfish and stupid Kirsty and her selfish and stupid decisions. Her character was never given the opportunities she deserved.

I don't think it was Kirsty's fault necessarily. Yes, she was the dramatic one and obviously this led to her having a lot of the limelight, but the writers could easily have rectified that by giving Jade more screen time and bigger storylines of her own. She didn't have to be just Kirsty's sounding board, and Kate certainly had the talent to do more. I'll never understand why they didn't make more use of her.

Does anyone know anything about Kate's life now? Didn't she have a baby a year or two ago? :unsure: It would be lovely to see Jade on screen again but Kirsty is such a different character these days I'm not sure how their relationship would work. They're obviously not that close anymore as we haven't heard Jade's name mentioned once since Kirsty's been back. <_<

Kirsty was home and aways Juliet

Read my above messege :rolleyes:

i think Jade went off the sutherlands she didnt have to put up with all the crap anymore since she wasnt a sutherland :angry:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the Sutherland sisters were Neapolitan ice cream Jade was sadly the vanilla stuck between the much more interesting chocolate and strawberry.

I was never mad about Jade, but she certainly wasn't a bad character. I always liked her bond with Kirsty, even if she wasn't her real sister in the end, and the stories around her covering up for her

I used to hate Jade, but on second viewing I actually loved her. I wish they would bring her back again, even if it is just for one episode! I think what I liked about her was that she actually loo

I

As a couple I loved Jade and Nick, and I was fuming when those episodes of 'The Dorm' aired! There was something believable about their relationship and they were often quite cute with each other, which was sweet to watch, so I was quite upset when those two broke up.

Couldn't agree with you more. Those two were a great couple. Jade's exit was pretty lame, and the De Groot storyline was bad. After everything with Duncan and the drugs, I didn't really care about her character anymore. I just felt sorry for Seb for getting involved with her at all.

Edited by myken
Link to post
Share on other sites

I began watching Home and Away when the Sutherlands first arrived. Jade was my favourite and still is. I had a really big crush on her at the time ..... :wub: I loved the relationship with Nick and other earlier storylines although i now reliase she didnt have many :(

I hated when we found out she wasn't a Sutherland, talk about destroying a character, I really went off H&A for a while back then. I would love her to return and just pretend the whole DeGroot storyline never happened .... and that Jade & Kirsty were still twins .... :cool:

Please come back Jade

Link to post
Share on other sites

I began watching Home and Away when the Sutherlands first arrived. Jade was my favourite and still is. I had a really big crush on her at the time ..... :wub: I loved the relationship with Nick and other earlier storylines although i now reliase she didnt have many :(

I hated when we found out she wasn't a Sutherland, talk about destroying a character, I really went off H&A for a while back then. I would love her to return and just pretend the whole DeGroot storyline never happened .... and that Jade & Kirsty were still twins .... :cool:

Please come back Jade

True well Kate and Christie are still real close in real life she was maid of honor at her wedding

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 years later...

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what Kate Garven is up to these days?  I'm asking because I know that Christie Hayes is still acting (she said in an interview a few months ago about a film called The Dress) and is pregnant with her second child, and Tammin Sursok is still acting (Pretty Little Liars) and has an adorable toddler called Phoenix (seen her Instagram), but other than what Wikipedia says, I haven't heard anything about Kate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 years later...
On 06/08/2015 at 00:13, homeandawayroxsomuch. said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what Kate Garven is up to these days?  I'm asking because I know that Christie Hayes is still acting (she said in an interview a few months ago about a film called The Dress) and is pregnant with her second child, and Tammin Sursok is still acting (Pretty Little Liars) and has an adorable toddler called Phoenix (seen her Instagram), but other than what Wikipedia says, I haven't heard anything about Kate.

I recently did some insta sleuthing and found her husband Ben Field (who was a assistant director on H&A during her tenure there) is now the creative director for Hillsong TV & Film I believe. He has some pics of Kate and their adorable family on his IG. She recently completed a psychology degree and in an interview on a Hillsong website from 2017 she says she’d like to get back into acting. I believe they are both currently residing in Sydney with their 4 kids.

She was one of my favourite characters and I was absolutely completely OBSESSED with her relationship with Nick Smith. Still love them after all these years and the sad way they split up. I hated those The Dorm episodes! I pretend her and Seb never happened.

My ultimate wish is that she and Chris Egan (Nick) return to the bay (not impossible that he would return considering Irene is still there and Chris appears to have moved back home to Sydney per his Instagram) and they reunite.

One can dream!! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/10/2020 at 22:36, Lilybird88 said:

I recently did some insta sleuthing and found her husband Ben Field (who was a assistant director on H&A during her tenure there) is now the creative director for Hillsong TV & Film I believe. He has some pics of Kate and their adorable family on his IG. She recently completed a psychology degree and in an interview on a Hillsong website from 2017 she says she’d like to get back into acting. I believe they are both currently residing in Sydney with their 4 kids.

She was one of my favourite characters and I was absolutely completely OBSESSED with her relationship with Nick Smith. Still love them after all these years and the sad way they split up. I hated those The Dorm episodes! I pretend her and Seb never happened.

My ultimate wish is that she and Chris Egan (Nick) return to the bay (not impossible that he would return considering Irene is still there and Chris appears to have moved back home to Sydney per his Instagram) and they reunite.

One can dream!! 

I liked Jade Sutherland too. She was a very sweet girl but wasn't afraid to stand up for what was right. I can remember her scenes with Angie Russell where she would stand up to her over her treatment of Nick.

Having found her husband's Instagram and having seen pictures of her on it - she looks like she hasn't aged a single day. And her daughter is the absolute spitting image of her.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jamie! said:

I liked Jade Sutherland too. She was a very sweet girl but wasn't afraid to stand up for what was right. I can remember her scenes with Angie Russell where she would stand up to her over her treatment of Nick.

Having found her husband's Instagram and having seen pictures of her on it - she looks like she hasn't aged a single day. And her daughter is the absolute spitting image of her.

Yes the Angie Russel storyline was great and Kate really showed her chops defending Nick. It's a shame Jade was sort of thrown together with Seb as an afterthought when Nick left and Kirsty got back with Kane- I feel like the writers just didn't know what else to do with the two of them.

Her exit wasn't great either. Expelled from school, finding out she's not Kirsty's twin after all and doing drugs with Duncan? It just didn't line up with her character over the previous 4 years.  At least she wasn't killed off though I guess. 

I agree- her daughter is gorgeous and Kate hasn't aged a single day. In some of her husbands IG pics she still looks 18.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.