Jade Sutherland - Kate Garven

Laura

I really liked Jade and I felt she was rather underused a lot of the time. I was just recently watching the school bus crash and it made me miss her and even more so her relationship with Nick. They were such a great couple... I was OBSESSED with them something bad. *sigh* Jade was so underrated. I wish Kirsty would mention her, just once.

I really liked Jade and I felt she was rather underused a lot of the time. I was just recently watching the school bus crash and it made me miss her and even more so her relationship with Nick. They were such a great couple... I was OBSESSED with them something bad. *sigh* Jade was so underrated. I wish Kirsty would mention her, just once.

I didnt really like her and the reason why i think i didnt like her is because we never really seen her but i loved her 10 times more than that Brody chic

I loved Jade - and Kate Garven was one of the most beautiful people to ever grace the Home and Away set (those big blue eyes and gorgeous blonde hair!!).

Unfortunately she was always overshadowed by selfish and stupid Kirsty and her selfish and stupid decisions. Her character was never given the opportunities she deserved. Oh, and I LOVED the Nick and Jade relationship. it has to be one of the best ever!!

Edited by Natalia
  • Sad 1

Jade was the reason why I hated the Sutherlands and eventually had to stop watching during that era. I can't remember why though. I think she just had the same affect on me as Melody currently has, i.e. bores me silly. When you don't like a character then you don't care less what happens to them, so having to watch them on TV ends in boredom.

I might look at old episodes now that I'm "older and wiser" and see if my opinion has changed at all.

She was boring because she was overshadowed by Kirsty & Dani. While I liked Jade/Nick, I think it was putting those two together that dampened the character. When Nick left there was not much else for Jade to do except be the invisible one. I used to be a major fan of Kirsty & Kane but then I rewatched the episodes and I found myself having sympathy for Dani, Rhys & Jade.

I personally hated the way the writers manipulated the viewers into hating Dani & to a certain extent Jade and Rhys. It would have been okay if it wasn't to make Kirsty & Kane out to be victims, when Kane was the one who broke the family.

But this is why I hope that we see Jade or Rhys again.

P.S I watched the episodes of Jade leaving a few days ago and never realized how much chemistry she had with Kit.

She was boring because she was overshadowed by Kirsty & Dani. While I liked Jade/Nick, I think it was putting those two together that dampened the character. When Nick left there was not much else for Jade to do except be the invisible one. I used to be a major fan of Kirsty & Kane but then I rewatched the episodes and I found myself having sympathy for Dani, Rhys & Jade.

I personally hated the way the writers manipulated the viewers into hating Dani & to a certain extent Jade and Rhys. It would have been okay if it wasn't to make Kirsty & Kane out to be victims, when Kane was the one who broke the family.

But this is why I hope that we see Jade or Rhys again.

P.S I watched the episodes of Jade leaving a few days ago and never realized how much chemistry she had with Kit.

She could but i think she has gave up acting to be a mother but i dont know if i want her to stay

On Christie Hayes facebook she has all her onscreen family facebooks Rhys is working in the uk and dani is on the young and the restless

Paula and Christie talk all the time about Shelly comming back to see her

Unfortunately she was always overshadowed by selfish and stupid Kirsty and her selfish and stupid decisions. Her character was never given the opportunities she deserved.

I don't think it was Kirsty's fault necessarily. Yes, she was the dramatic one and obviously this led to her having a lot of the limelight, but the writers could easily have rectified that by giving Jade more screen time and bigger storylines of her own. She didn't have to be just Kirsty's sounding board, and Kate certainly had the talent to do more. I'll never understand why they didn't make more use of her.

Does anyone know anything about Kate's life now? Didn't she have a baby a year or two ago? :unsure: It would be lovely to see Jade on screen again but Kirsty is such a different character these days I'm not sure how their relationship would work. They're obviously not that close anymore as we haven't heard Jade's name mentioned once since Kirsty's been back. <_<

Edited by claire_louise