Oliver Phillips - Oliver Davis

I think theres been way too much water under the bridge for Kane to have returned for Kirstys exit actually. Lets face it guys KK were never the KK we all knew and loved since they both returned, you ould say they we're ruined. Kane should never have gone to prison :(

I think Kirstys story was actually wrapped up perfectly in the end .A lot of people will disagree with me but Kirsty has been estranged from her family for such a long timeand hearing Shelley tell Kirsty about having a family get together was just the nicest thing. How nice would it have been to see the Sutherlands reunion!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think theres been way too much water under the bridge for Kane to have returned for Kirstys exit actually. Lets face it guys KK were never the KK we all knew and loved since they both returned, you ould say they we're ruined. Kane should never have gone to prison :(

I think Kirstys story was actually wrapped up perfectly in the end .A lot of people will disagree with me but Kirsty has been estranged from her family for such a long timeand hearing Shelley tell Kirsty about having a family get together was just the nicest thing. How nice would it have been to see the Sutherlands reunion!

I agree that the way Kane left in the end made it difficult for him to return (having kidnapped his son etc), but my point is it was stupid for the writers to have him leave like that. If they had to split up KK (and even as a massive fan, I wouldn't have been totally against it), they still could have had him leave on good terms and come back later. Say he goes to jail for 10 years or whatever it was and then gets out after 6 months and comes back to see Kirsty has moved on with Miles. Kirsty tells him that she never would have done it if she knew he'd be out this soon, but she has moved on and built a stable and happy life for her and Ollie because that is exactly what Kane wanted her to do. Kane could try and talk them into coming back with him, but after a talk with Irene, he realises that they would indeed be better off where they are now and so he leaves as he's always wanted to do the right thing by Kirsty and Oliver. Kirsty says that she still loves him but she loves Miles just as much and she doesn't think she can give up what she has right now. This way Kane leaves but the door is left open for a reunion down the road. Easy. Instead they made Kane look like the biggest jerk on the planet and basically turned a hugely popular relationship into Kirsty's regret. Why did they do this? Probably because they knew KK had a massive fanbase who would hate the idea of Kirsty and Miles, so they figured the only way to make them accept it was by making Miles look like a saint by showing him in comparison to that jerk Kane. All they succeeded in doing was leaving a bad taste in the mouth of a lot of long time fans.

With all that said, I did actually love her exit and did enjoy seeing Shelley back. It just could have been better.

I thought Kirsty's exit was useless and ,even though I enjoyed seeing Shelly, think Kirsty's character deserved way better. Even though the whole Kirsty and Miles thing drove me mad all year, I still think Kirsty is one of the bay's best characters...and Olly too! now all we're stuck with is the stupid mystery and stupid Martha and Hugo..grrrr!

has anyone behind the scenes of home and away ever mentioned why there was no kirsty, kane and ollie reunion?

I agree that the way Kane left in the end made it difficult for him to return (having kidnapped his son etc), but my point is it was stupid for the writers to have him leave like that. If they had to split up KK (and even as a massive fan, I wouldn't have been totally against it), they still could have had him leave on good terms and come back later. Say he goes to jail for 10 years or whatever it was and then gets out after 6 months and comes back to see Kirsty has moved on with Miles. Kirsty tells him that she never would have done it if she knew he'd be out this soon, but she has moved on and built a stable and happy life for her and Ollie because that is exactly what Kane wanted her to do. Kane could try and talk them into coming back with him, but after a talk with Irene, he realises that they would indeed be better off where they are now and so he leaves as he's always wanted to do the right thing by Kirsty and Oliver. Kirsty says that she still loves him but she loves Miles just as much and she doesn't think she can give up what she has right now. This way Kane leaves but the door is left open for a reunion down the road. Easy. Instead they made Kane look like the biggest jerk on the planet and basically turned a hugely popular relationship into Kirsty's regret. Why did they do this? Probably because they knew KK had a massive fanbase who would hate the idea of Kirsty and Miles, so they figured the only way to make them accept it was by making Miles look like a saint by showing him in comparison to that jerk Kane. All they succeeded in doing was leaving a bad taste in the mouth of a lot of long time fans.

With all that said, I did actually love her exit and did enjoy seeing Shelley back. It just could have been better.

Kane didnt kidnap his son. I felt sorry for Ollie when they split because as Irene said they were treating Ollie like a puppet

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

Kane didn't kidnap his son.

He didn't? After Kirsty left with Kane at the beginning of the year, I seem to recall her coming back and saying that Kane had taken Ollie. The way I remember it, Kane thought Kirsty was still in love with Miles and took Ollie because she thought Kirsty would leave and take him or something. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

Kane didn't kidnap his son.

He didn't? After Kirsty left with Kane at the beginning of the year, I seem to recall her coming back and saying that Kane had taken Ollie. The way I remember it, Kane thought Kirsty was still in love with Miles and took Ollie because she thought Kirsty would leave and take him or something. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

Yes Kane did in fact "kidnap" him!

I remember Kirsty had come back to the bay with Ollie and when Kane saw Miles & Kirsty on the beach he went straight to Irene's house to get Ollie. Then when Kirsty saw him she tried to get Ollie from the car but was left on the road when Kane drove off with him.

Kane did not kidnap Ollie! He was the father, and Kirsty did not have full custody of the child. She never applied for that, so she had no right to keep Ollie for herself. As the matter of fact, by doing that, she did kidnap Ollie too.

I think that Kirstys departure was as good as it could be.. Because the storyline about Kirsty and Kane was wrong from the beginning. To be with your sisters rapist is really bad. And I think it was wrong of the writers to do that storyline because it seemed like an insult to all the rape victims out there. BUT, Kane did deserve a second chance in life too, and he did it very well until he was blamed for his fathers crimes. I think it was very sad that they did that storyline, because it seems like if you are bad/do something wrong, just how hard you try to be good you are not going to suceed in life. You always have to pay for what you once did and its not worth giving people a second chance in life because they're going to stuff it up anyway, that is a really bad message to send out to the world too. There are a lot of young people in the world who have had a wrong start to life and because of that end up on the wrong side of the law or just behave badly. But sometimes people can change.... I know that a bad childhood is not an excuse to behave badly but unfortunately when children dont get the support their need, or are growing up with alcohol, crimes, violence and so on then it is very easy to end up doing wrong things. But with some support a lot of those children/teens can change, and it is worth giving people a second chance in life.

But at least some good things did happened at least in this storyline; Kirsty was going to reunite with her family. And she needed a second chance from her family.

(and as usual, my English is far from good, but I hope you do understand)

Edited by jodlebirger

Kane did not kidnap Ollie! He was the father, and Kirsty did not have full custody of the child. She never applied for that, so she had no right to keep Ollie for herself. As the matter of fact, by doing that, she did kidnap Ollie too.

Parents kidnapping their child(ren) when they're fighting over custody happens in real life too. Leaving with your own child(ren) to another country/part of the country without telling your ex (= the mother or father of your child(ren)) is kidnapping. You sometimes hear stories like that on the news, especially when the parents are from two different countries. One of them will take the children and flee to the country where they are from.

I'm going to miss Ollie. :( He was definitely one of the best and cutest child actors I've ever seen, even though he didn't have much to say.

One of my favourite scenes with Ollie is when he called Jai Jai-Jai for the first time. It was so adorable. :wub: I quite liked the impact it had on Jai as well. It reminded him of his own brother who called him Jai-Jai as well.

The scene where he caught the fish was cute as well. He was so excited about it. :lol: