D*** Quits Neighbours! (spoiler)

Guest simmins

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm happy because he's a **** actor and an even ****ter character.

You took the words right out of my mouth! :P

I applaud that he has strong beliefs, the exact same as me, however, it is JUST acting. It's not himself doing the scenes, it's his character (well the dullness of a cardboard box he's portraying anyway). He is just the actor delievering the scenes. He's not a good actor at all so I guess I can see why he's not blocking his beliefs out and focusing on portraying a different person, that's what acting is all about!

Anyway, I'm glad he's gone. We all know he was put on the show just because he was good looking. He contributed nothing to the show and most likely wont once he leaves.

Farewell I say. :P

He contributed nothing to the show and most likely wont once he leaves.

Most likely? Of course he won't... how can you contribute to the show if you're not there :huh:

Well according to the article he says that the storylines are NOT the reason why he left, he wanted a lifestyle change and to focus on his music. He just mentioned that he didn't agree with a lot of the stuff Ty did. I can understand why he was uncomfortable though.

Not to go all 'honk if you love Jesus' on everybody but in 1 Corinthians 10:30-33, there's a line in there which says "Do everything for the glory of God, even your eating and drinking." I can see that playing a character that portrays sex-before-marriage as the norm would not be for the "glory of God" in Dean's eyes so by that alone I can understand why he wasn't comfortable.

That's a shame. Quitting seems a bit extreme. Surely he could have just asked to cut back on the sexuality of the character? Maybe he did and they didn't listen, I don't know. I'm not interested enough in the details to follow the link. All I need to know is he's leaving and that sux because I like Ty. I don't see why he couldn't just be a musician who kisses and cuddles Rachel every now and then, and I don't know, maybe lose the shirt once a month for kicks. That's not anti-Christian in my book. Of course my book is rather liberal... Iunno.

The asterisks in the thread title don't leave much to the imagination. Four letter name beginning with D and ending with "struggled with sexy scenes." Not hard to work out.

That's a shame. Quitting seems a bit extreme. Surely he could have just asked to cut back on the sexuality of the character? Maybe he did and they didn't listen, I don't know. I'm not interested enough in the details to follow the link. All I need to know is he's leaving and that sux because I like Ty. I don't see why he couldn't just be a musician who kisses and cuddles Rachel every now and then, and I don't know, maybe lose the shirt once a month for kicks. That's not anti-Christian in my book. Of course my book is rather liberal... Iunno.

The asterisks in the thread title don't leave much to the imagination. Four letter name beginning with D and ending with "struggled with sexy scenes." Not hard to work out.

Well he actually doesn't say that Ty's sexuality is the reason for him leaving. I think it's been exaggerated by the writer of the article. I'm not a big fan of Ty/Rachel or any of Ty's music storylines. I liked Ty best when he made Libby fun and when he was behind the bar at Charlies.

Well he actually doesn't say that Ty's sexuality is the reason for him leaving. I think it's been exaggerated by the writer of the article. I'm not a big fan of Ty/Rachel or any of Ty's music storylines. I liked Ty best when he made Libby fun and when he was behind the bar at Charlies.

And again, he says that the storylines are NOT the reason why he left, he wanted a lifestyle change and to focus on his music.

And again, he says that the storylines are NOT the reason why he left, he wanted a lifestyle change and to focus on his music.

And again, I did NOT read the article. My apologies for assuming that the subtitle to this thread might be accurate :rolleyes:

Archived