Leah Patterson/Baker - Ada Nicodemou

Skykat

• 3 weeks later...

I am really getting frustrated with Home and Away.

First they put Roman and Leah together, which was great and they could have become amazing together. But after a few days they break it off and he leaves. First relationship with no purpose.

Then comes this wierd but superb character of Robert Robertson. Again great chance of him and Leah becoming something special and fun to watch. We get teased again with a few scenes and off he goes. Second relationship with no purpose

Why do the writer do this. Both times there was no purpose in this short lived romance so why bother having them at all. It just makes no sense, and i am getting so frustrated. I start to like seeing Leah happy and a possible romance and within days it is gone, like it never has happened. It drives me crazy.

• 1 year later...

I love Leah and I wish something would be done about her relationship status - either make her happily single i.e. not dating (and give her other story lines not relationship related), or meet someone long-term. I've often wondered how a largely off-screen partner could work - someone who works in the city and we only see occasionally but can assume they're together all the time we don't see. Has that ever been done before? ETA Or give her the time to establish real chemistry with someone - it was too rushed with Elijah.

I've also thought about what she could study to make her more of an asset to the Bay - maybe a bit like Palmer, using her small-business sense to run for council or something.

Edited by Julez

I love Leah and I wish something would be done about her relationship status - either make her happily single i.e. not dating (and give her other story lines not relationship related), or meet someone long-term. I've often wondered how a largely off-screen partner could work - someone who works in the city and we only see occasionally but can assume they're together all the time we don't see. Has that ever been done before? ETA Or give her the time to establish real chemistry with someone - it was too rushed with Elijah.

I've also thought about what she could study to make her more of an asset to the Bay - maybe a bit like Palmer, using her small-business sense to run for council or something.

Yeah I see what you mean and I much rather Leah go for council. She has lived in Bay for about 12 years longer than him or Irene who has almost been living in Summer Bay for 20 years.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
Spag

• 1 year later...

Is Leah's ONLY purpose on the show is to butt in and stick her nose in other peoples business now ?

This year shes just getting involved in everybodys lives when really its none of her business!

We had her trying to run Brax's life, now shes getting herself in the thick of the Ruby/Romeo/Liam/Indi situation.....Can someone tell me exactly what this has to do with her ?

Is Leah's ONLY purpose on the show is to butt in and stick her nose in other peoples business now ?

This year shes just getting involved in everybodys lives when really its none of her business!

We had her trying to run Brax's life, now shes getting herself in the thick of the Ruby/Romeo/Liam/Indi situation.....Can someone tell me exactly what this has to do with her ?

Some people have been making comments about Leah being "mini Colleen" for about 7-8 years now. I think the process of turning her into Colleen is now officially complete. Ada deserves much better than this.

But don't forget that Romeo and Liam were living in Leah's house and probably paying buckless rent! So the least they can do is not start problems in the house.

I think its time to bring in a new guy who's a single dad with two teen kids for Leah, and I reckon that will give Leah something to bounce off from.

Yes they are in danger of making Leah as annoying and interfering as Colleen.

Pre-2010 I liked Leah but found her very dull and under-utilised. She then had quite a lot to do in 2010 and was still very likeable. It was a mistake to bring back Elijiah back in 2011 for the sole purpose of stringing out a contrived relationship between them. I for one absolutely loved it when she and Miles eventually got together, but I hated the disgusting way she treated him when they lost the baby.

Then after a year of warning everyone how dangerous Brax and the rest of the RBs were she suddenly realises he is quite a catch :rolleyes: , thank Jebus that never went any further.

I think Ada's upcoming maternity leave will be a welcome break from the character, and they really need to think about what they're going to do with her when she returns. I think she will become more likeable in time, when VJ gets a little older (15/16) and she has his teenage dramas to deal with, as long as she is single throughout that period. Soon after that they can begin to focus on her again and consider a relationship for her. Something a little bit more grown-up like they did with Elijiah previously in 2010 or Miles in 2011, rather the silly school-girl crush on Brax of this year. I also think it's quite essential the character never get pregnant again. That sounds terrible, but it would just be so unbelievable.

• 6 months later...