A Second Chance?

Guest HeavenForbid

Here is it guys! :unsure: The FINAL chapter of this fic!

Chapter 21

After a while, Belle and Mattie made their way back down to the hall. Belle had explained what happened between Oliver and herself. She was sickened by how he had treated her. They sat at the table. Aden and Ric rushed over to them as fast as they could. It was clear from Belle's puffy eyes and runny nose, she had been crying. Mattie grabbed Ric away so the Aden and Belle could talk.

"What's happened?!" Aden asked. "Nobody is telling me anything"

"Oliver and I have broken up…" Belle answered wiping her nose with a tissue.

"I'm sorry Belle. But it was for the best - "

"He broke up with me" Belle interrupted him.

"What?! Why?" Aden said and gave her a hug.

"He heard Mattie and I talking earlier and lets just say he wasn't too pleased what was said…" Belle explained.

"Belle, I'm so sorry." Aden said. "Some night this is turning out to be isn't it…"

"I just want to go home" Belle replied hopelessly

"I'll take you, Belle." Aden smiled.

"No, you stay here. I'll go home by myself. But thanks' Aden. It means a lot" Belle responded.

Belle stood up and grabbed her jacket. She leaned over to Ric's jacket and grabbed the car keys. She walked out of the hall just as Sean and Nicole walked back in, hand in hand. They both walked over to Aden as did Ric and Mattie.

"What's up with Belle?" Nicole asked.

"Dude! What happened?!" Ric questioned when he walked over to Aden.

"She wanted to go home. I said I'd take her but she refused to let me." Aden explained. "Now, can some tell me exactly what is after happening tonight?"

Outside, Belle broke down. She was sitting in the car crying to herself at the nights events. She turned on the engine. Just before she pulled out of the car park, Aden hopped in the car beside her.

"I'm not letting you go home alone." he smiled.

"Aden, please - "

"No, Belle. Mattie and Ric told me what happened…Well it was mostly Mattie." Aden corrected himself "…You couldn't marry him. So you were going to do it in the end. You were serious about it…"

Belle didn't know how too responded. She wasn't sure if Mattie had told him that she felt like she was falling back in love with Aden or not. Either way, she wasn't going to make the wrong mistake and say anything like that.

"Of course I was…I couldn't of married someone I didn't really want to marry"

Belle started to drive away. She didn't know where she was going, she just drove. In the end, she drove up to Stewart's Point, an area over looking the ocean. She walked over to the wall and looking down at the sea. It was calm. Peaceful. What she needed.

"I used to come here all the time when we had fights" Belle said. "Which was often."

"That was true. We did have a lot of fights." Aden laughed.

Belle smiled. It was an eventful night, one she would never forget. That was for sure.

"I'm so glad that Ric and Mattie are back together. And that Nicole is coming back to be with Sean" Aden said trying to make conversation.

Belle nodded. She was happy that they were all getting on great and could be happy themselves.

"Belle…"

"Yeah?"

"I don't really know why I'm going to say this…I just… I can't keep it to myself anymore." Aden took a deep breathe "These past few days with you. Well they reminded me of what it used to be like with you. And made me realise even more how much I never really stopping loving you. I tried new relationships. Dating other people. Going to clubs and spending the night without someone new, but in the end there has always been only one girl that I knew was right for me." Aden was staring into Belle's eyes. He leaned in to kiss her, but she backed away.

"I can't Aden." Belle said. "I'm sorry. I can't."

Belle ran back to the car. Aden quickly followed her. He stopped a few feet from her.

"Why?!" Aden shouted. "Why can't you?!"

"Because I don't want to get hurt again, Aden. I'm sorry." Belle replied.

"You know I won't hurt you again" Aden said coming towards her. He grabbed her hands towards him and pulled her closer to him. He hadn't been this close to her for so long. "I let you go once before and I will never let that happen again. I care about you too much"

Belle looked into Aden's green eyes. She wasn't sure what too do. She didn't want to get hurt again and kissing him would mean she wanted to be with him again. She had never been so confused in her life until now. Aden leaned in to kiss her but she pushed away again.

"No!" Belle shouted "I can't." She turning away from him.

"Why not, Belle?"

"I have too go…" Belle got into the car straight away leaving Aden behind. She drove back to Irene's house. Grabbing her things, she wrote a letter to Irene and left leaving Summer Bay never intending to return again.

The next morning, Irene got up and came downstairs. Thinking Oliver and Belle would be in the bedroom asleep, she didn't disturb them. She looked at the table and saw the letter. She didn't know where it came from or who it was from but it had her name on the front of it.

Dear Irene,

I'm so sorry to have too do this to you, but I must leave. And I can't come back here. Over the past few days, I've come to love this place again too much and its scared me. I can't be back here as it has brought back too many memories. Some good and some bad. You took me in and I will always love you for that. You gave a life I didn't think I could get and have made me who I am today. For that, I thank you. I know this may come as a shock too you, an unexpected shock, but its for the best I leave this town and never return. Could you please tell everyone that I'm sorry that I had too do this. I need to get away.

From Belle.

Xxx

PS. You will see another envelope with this letter. Could you please give it to Aden. Thank you so much for the life you have giving me.

Irene couldn't help it, she was crying. She didn't know what had brought this on and she never would. Belle had gone and was gone for good. Never too return again. She walked into Belle's room where all her things were gone. She had left. Irene sat at the table for hours re-reading the letter. There was a knock on the door. Irene answered it. Aden was standing there.

"Can I see Belle?"

"Oh love, she's gone" Irene sobbed. "She left you this..." She handed Aden the letter that was left for him.

He opened it straight away and read it too himself.

Dear Aden,

By the time you get this letter, I will be a million miles away from Summer Bay. As I sit and write this letter at 3:24am on 15th of July, I wonder if I decided to stay would I be happy with you. The answer will never be known. When I woke up this afternoon, I never imagined to be sitting writing a goodbye letter too you and Summer Bay, but that's what I'm doing. Funny how things work out, isn't it?

I can't stay in Summer Bay as much as I want too. I fell back in love with you over the past few days and it has scared me. I don't know if Mattie or Ric told you how I was feeling again. But I love you. And I'm scared to love you again, Aden. I'm scared I will be hurt again by you again. I know you said you would never hurt me again but you can't say that. Nobody can. Nobody knows what can happen.

You hurt me once and I will not give you the chance too do it again. I can't give people second chances. Ric and Mattie may be able to give each other a second chance and Nicole may be able to be given a second chance at happiness with Sean, but, I don't give people second chances.

Belle.

With that Aden knew he had lost the love of his life forever. Words couldn't describe how he had felt. He wanted to run after her. He wanted to go and find her, hold her, kiss her. He didn't want to let her go once again but he didn't have a clue where she was. This was unexpected that she had just taken off. Aden went back to Roman's place and straight to his room. He didn't want too see or talk to anyone right now. The only person he wanted was millions or miles away and he would never get to see her again.

20 years later…

Aden walked down a busy street in New York City. He had had a busy day in work and was just after collecting his 14 year old son, Robbie from school.

"Come on Robbie, walk faster. Your mum is excepting us home by 5" Aden had turned behind him and told him son.

He quickly turn back around to walked into a brown haired woman. She dropped the books that were in her hands.

"Oh, my apologises!" Aden said and helped her pick up her books. Handing them to her, she stared into her eyes. The woman smiled and contained to walk on. Aden stared at her walking down the street.

"Dad! Come on!" Robbie said.

"Sorry son, that just looked like someone I used to know." Aden replied. He smiled at Robbie and started to continuing walking down the street wondering if it was her or not.

She hurried around the corner quickly. Running down the road, she had to make it to the library to return the books. The library was just closing, as she arrived. Luckily the librarian was a good friend and let the her in.

"Your luckily I'm working today, Belle" the librarian laughed "If it was anyone else they would have made you come back tomorrow"

"You're a really great friend Mary! Thanks" Belle replied. "I must go, now. See you tomorrow Mary"

Belle smiled and walked out of the library. She looked up at the clean blue skies. Seeing Aden 10 minutes before hand had put her mind at ease. She could finally move on with her life knowing that Aden was happy and had a family now. She walked down the street, to her apartment, happier than she ever was in 20 years. She could finally let go of Summer Bay and her past.

So that's it guys! That was the last chapter. *hides* Did you think it would happen like that?

First of can I thank each one of you that read this fic. I really hope you liked it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Secondly, when I started to write it, I was thinking of something else for the ending and never did I imagine it would end like that. I was thinking I would make them get together. Then I wrote and ending and wasn't happy with it. And re-did it and I liked that ending.

Thank you all so much again for reading this. :D It meant a lot to me that you read what I write.

Comments

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived