Good news and bad news - She's back!

Guest Nathan.

Sam's last return was a curious one, in that even though she was portrayed as the villain I was actually on her side throughout.Even though she had a personal agenda, she was the one on the right side of the law whilst the regulars seemed to want a guilty woman to get off.And then, against all expectation and to my delight, she actually won!I hope they don't bring her back again though, on past experience they'd probably have her machine gun a group of schoolchildren if she did.

You're not alone there - Admittedly, what she was doing was unethical, prosecutors are never supposed to have a personal stake in a case. But even so, the writers were clearly in Designated Villain territory, and not for the first time that year.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with both your posts. Having done Jury duty I can tell you Sam would have been dismissed in 5 minutes once her past with those involved was meitioned. Yet due to the fact the show wanting to make Sam the villian in this visit and I will say they did a great job. As devoted Fan I was to Simone I wanted Donna or someone else to Slap her in the store for her actions. Maybe Sam was doing her job yet I have issues with the writing? OK Sam got her revenge on Steph and Libby? How would dan react knowing that. Sam did have a personel grudge and as Libby said in the episode was enjoying this yet if her goal was to put steph away to get back at her and keep her from Dan. I dont see how Dan would react positive to Sam actions? So Maybe Sam was mad because Dan wasnt as nice to her as she wanted which would explain Sam wanting to proscute Steph for that!

Red Ranger I think I would be hard yet not impossible to bring her back? If they dont then they wrapped up her storyline with her getting revenge on Libby and helping Take dan out of Ramsey Street which was her goal?

If they do, Many Fans have suggested a Paul/Sam storyline. Well Given how disliked she is it would be fireworks every episode and Sam past with Dan would have to go out the door if they had her have a realitionship with Paul? Which i wouldnt enjoy.

I will say From what I heard theres no plans to bring Sam back as the interviews with Simone and Stefan suggested a return was a year ago and given the change in Procducers on the show I dont know how that would impact Her?

Watching some of the last episodes with Sam I do like one thing about her last visit which was we learn she a happy mother, yet suffered the Loss of her father and acted like she wanted to be on Ramsey Street. However her evil side took over and ruined everything.

My take on sam is she was an only child and her family what we know of them are from New Zealand and Sam probably is as well? She was well off able to attend College and law school and much like Elle maybe an exchange student and had some advantages and its no surprise she and elle got along and the robinsons are her close friends.

One fan suggested to me all paul needs is a lawyer for a case to have sam come back? Yet thats up the the new people in charge of neighbours and Simone herself.

One Idea I had was Sam comes back to gloat and she brings her daughter and theres a health issue and Karl saves her which shows a kind side of sam which would show she not all bad?

I think if she came back it would be interesting?

The NZ section is at NZ pace, so as long as it's been shown over there don't worry about it.

The scene in the store was one of those curious ones:Whilst Donna made some valid points and her assessment of Sam was fairly accurate, she was just using Ringo as an excuse to get her own way, it also seemed rather myopic.No-one seemed to care that it was supposed to be about Ringo, instead we got a rather playground attitude of "Are you on Steph's side or Sam's side?", seemingly without any thought as to whether Steph had done anything wrong or not.I was actually pretty glad that Sam walked out with her head held high, since the rest of them were as bad as her, closing ranks to protect one of their own, lying in court and bullying, intimidating and manipulating witnesses.(And, whilst her motives might have been petty, Steph was pretty nasty to her last time she was in town, making comments and threats along the lines of "If you hurt Libby, you'll be sorry" just because she was supposedly pregnant with Dan's baby, even though Dan and Sam were a couple when it apparently happened and he and Libby didn't get back together until later.Which, in retrospect, is beyond laughable.)

I agree it wouldn't be impossible to bring Sam back but I think if they did it would be as a villain and I don't want that.The only other alternative would be for her to apologise for her actions and I don't want that either.I suppose the regulars could admit they were wrong about her but I can't see that happening...

The NZ section is at NZ pace, so as long as it's been shown over there don't worry about it.

The scene in the store was one of those curious ones:Whilst Donna made some valid points and her assessment of Sam was fairly accurate, she was just using Ringo as an excuse to get her own way, it also seemed rather myopic.No-one seemed to care that it was supposed to be about Ringo, instead we got a rather playground attitude of "Are you on Steph's side or Sam's side?", seemingly without any thought as to whether Steph had done anything wrong or not.I was actually pretty glad that Sam walked out with her head held high, since the rest of them were as bad as her, closing ranks to protect one of their own, lying in court and bullying, intimidating and manipulating witnesses.(And, whilst her motives might have been petty, Steph was pretty nasty to her last time she was in town, making comments and threats along the lines of "If you hurt Libby, you'll be sorry" just because she was supposedly pregnant with Dan's baby, even though Dan and Sam were a couple when it apparently happened and he and Libby didn't get back together until later.Which, in retrospect, is beyond laughable.)

I agree it wouldn't be impossible to bring Sam back but I think if they did it would be as a villain and I don't want that.The only other alternative would be for her to apologise for her actions and I don't want that either.I suppose the regulars could admit they were wrong about her but I can't see that happening...

It divided me as to side with Donna she had a right to be mad at Sam because Sam allow her Mom Cass to force her to turn on Donna during her second visit and we all know Sam weakness which is Dan! Sam can always claim "I was doing my job!" Yet I feel she went personel for payback on steph for not only for what she did with Dan but helped let out Sam secret "the baby not yours" so Steph had it coming there for helping Libby! Your right Steph told Sam off and I was shocked how sam was run out of town and now one cared because they wanted to support Libby and dan! So To side with Sam she had a right to be bitter at everyone!

Sam will never say sorry as I dont think the Kennedy's or other on Ramsey Street would either! Yet I fear if she did come back they would find a way to make sam more mean than she been so who knows what they would do? I think if she showed up with her daughter and the child took ill and Karl saved her it would be a chance for all to forgive?

Your right Sam staring at Donna reminded you of two girls in a schoolyard fighting! I watched it last week and still got that feeling?

I personally would love to see Simone do Neighbours at least one more time. But if they want to make her Paul love or doing his dirty work I wouldnt enjoy that.

Archived