Good news and bad news - She's back!

Guest Nathan.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an interview. I'll type it. :)

Did you always know you'd be returning to neighbours?

I knew it was being kept open, depending on how the story went and what they wanted to to do with Dan and Libby. They rang me up a coupe of months after I'd finished the last time and said, "Would you come back?" and I said "Yes! Of course I would!" They've written some really interesting stuff, so it's been great to return for that.

So what happens when Sam returns to Ramsay Street?

Sam comes back with a secret that will change Libby and Dan's lives.

Her timing could hardly be worse.

No! In classic soap style she arrives on the even on the wedding.

Is Sam aware that Dan and Libby are getting married?

Oh yes! She knows exactly what's going on and that she only has a small amount of time to get back in there.

How do Libby and Dan react when Sam reappears?

Let's just say she's not welcome in Erinsborough! Everyone is so thrilled for Libby. After all she's been through Libby's happy and finally has her man. Now when they all see Sam they all just go " Oh no- this can only mean trouble! Get back in the cab and go home!" It's a very uncomfortable situation for everyone.

Sam hasn't always been the most likeable character. What reaction have you had from fans?

It's been an interesting mix. There are people that have been so into Dan and Libby that they've felt Sam is just a nuissance. And there hav also been those who have sympathy for Sam. They've wanted to see her get well and find happiness with the man who was once her husband. I think we all wanted to make sure that Sam was not that unlikeable- that there was a vulnerability to her, and she was being treated for bipolar disorder. It's not black and white with her.

Michaela's filling in for Kym Valentine for the moment. What's it been like working with the new Libby?

It's been really interesting. I'd just done six months with Kym and that was the dynamic we were used to. Then I came back and was working with Michala, but I knew her already because we'd worked together on McLouds Daughters and we get on very, very well. She's such a great girl, so it's been really lovely- just different because she's got a different face!

Will we see another side to Sam this time around?

Absolutely. Her bipolar disorder is in check now- she's on the medication and is well again. Her agenda is simply that she wants her ex husband back. That's her absolute focus now, and she doesn't care who she has to tread on to get what she wants!

If she's only back for four weeks maybe she does manage to get back together with Dan and they leave together. It's unlikely as Dan is a regular and we haven't heard anything about him leaving but still...could happen?

I'm glad she's back, she really added something great to the show while she was around. Can't wait to see her and from the sounds of it she's going to be causing trouble.

• 2 years later...

Oh my! Alot has happen since this topic started.

My Favorite Neighbours plot. When a Simone fan Down Under informed me Simone was coming to Neighbours I had high hopes she would be a sucess and join the cast. sadly the way she was written her 1st visit we knew what was going to happen and she left leaving Libby the winner in the fight for dan.

Sam touched me not only because Simone one of the best actors in Australia but as I suffer from depression and know what her brother in real life went though. When she came back with her baby I was so happy for her even though i didnt approve of her being the bad girl I understand her bitterness losing dan. Cass Donna mum really Took advantge of Sam obession with Dan to cuase sam to turn on one of her few friends she had on ramsey street. Again sam was forced to leave and it was sad it was for only a short time again. Some of the scenes I watched with sam fighting with Susan touched a nerve with me,

Sad she didnt get dan but sam made the right choice not to harm her baby and again Libby was a winner thanks to cass and steph!

Although Sam did not appear on set for her 3rd meition ( due to the fact simone was having her second child in real life and they couldnt cover that up) Dan went to her and in the end it began the breakup of dan and Libby.

As a devoted fan I wanted Sam and dan to get together and it seems Thats possible with both out of ramsey street. her last appearance although I can understand Sam bitterness toward Steph I found it an unrealistic storyline that sam would have been allowed to proscute Step and WIN! She was so out of line and I was shocked to see Simone turn our sam into a hateful ***** . My guess she wanted Steph out of the way since she gave Dan a son and sam jealousy since her daughter wasnt dan but from a one night stand. Yet she seems to be on good terms with him and just wanted to make sure Steph wont be a problem down the road yet who know how dan react yet another reason to be dispointed at the badly written last visit.

However Stefan hinted as simone a possible return of sam as the "new" Villian. I think that would add something to Neighbours. Although Im not in favor for a realtionship for her and Paul since it would throw away her past story. And no to Lucas elle for him! :wub:

However the bad news is Dan no longer on Ramsey Street and I doubt Sam would come back knowing how much she disliked. Tucker left and Kym Valentine is away ill. there really no reason for sam to come back .

I would like to see her return one day even if its it for only one visit.

I will always be dispointed why she wasnt a regular. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Sam's last return was a curious one, in that even though she was portrayed as the villain I was actually on her side throughout.Even though she had a personal agenda, she was the one on the right side of the law whilst the regulars seemed to want a guilty woman to get off.And then, against all expectation and to my delight, she actually won!I hope they don't bring her back again though, on past experience they'd probably have her machine gun a group of schoolchildren if she did.

Archived