Geoff/Aden

I like their growing friendship!! :rolleyes: But when it comes to a real gay relationship, i really hope that the writers wont go on that route with those two. They are very hetero for me, and to make them gay just seem not right. It will just be like.. two good guys be together just because of the sensation --- everyone want them to have initmate scenes together just for the excitement of it. (I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain - my English isn't quite good)

When the writers and producers decide to have a gay couple again, I hope they will do it with more realism and sensitivity, and with less "bravado" than the last time. I think that they should bring some quite new charachters in for that storyline, and not do it with a charachter with a lot of history (with the opposite sex) on the show.

But with that said, I hope we will see more of Aden and Geoffs friendship. It's really nice to have them talking and interact to each other. They are older than xavier and Jai, and it's really nice to have a friendship with two males of that age, on the show. It's not that often that we have a same sex friendship on the show. I can only think of Leah and Rachel, and it has been a long time since they talked to each other as close friends.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is old conversation, but I'd thought I'd post it anyway...

I don't see how you could possibly comment on that.I don't recall either Linc or Todd ever commenting on ''Gaden''.

Someone said that earlier.

QUOTE (whispered_envy @ Oct 22 2008, 06:37 AM)

If Todd's been reading forums, does that mean he knows about Gaden? I hope he does...

I think Tan told him about Gaden a while back. So he and Linc know.

I'm disgruntled Belle and Aden shippers seem to be getting things all their own way. Their cutesy interview, their reunion etc. I was faithful to J&M for 2 years and had so much cr*p to put up with

QUOTE (whispered_envy @ Oct 23 2008, 02:07 PM)

QUOTE (Anaya @ Oct 22 2008, 08:16 PM)

If Todd's been reading forums, does that mean he knows about Gaden? I hope he does...

Ah, excellent- that's what I wanted to hear! Now why haven't they done anything about it?!?!

Well the boys practice their lines together; maybe they have private lines too

So I think it's possible Todd and Linc know about Gaden :D That's probably why they are saying things like "Kissed and made up", jokes like that because they know the fans love it :P

I like their growing friendship!! :rolleyes: But when it comes to a real gay relationship, i really hope that the writers wont go on that route with those two. They are very hetero for me, and to make them gay just seem not right. It will just be like.. two good guys be together just because of the sensation --- everyone want them to have initmate scenes together just for the excitement of it. (I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain - my English isn't quite good)

When the writers and producers decide to have a gay couple again, I hope they will do it with more realism and sensitivity, and with less "bravado" than the last time. I think that they should bring some quite new charachters in for that storyline, and not do it with a charachter with a lot of history (with the opposite sex) on the show.

But with that said, I hope we will see more of Aden and Geoffs friendship. It's really nice to have them talking and interact to each other. They are older than xavier and Jai, and it's really nice to have a friendship with two males of that age, on the show. It's not that often that we have a same sex friendship on the show. I can only think of Leah and Rachel, and it has been a long time since they talked to each other as close friends.

I get what your talking about here. We all like the idea of having Aden and Geoff together, but it would seem weird after Geoff's relationships with Claudia, Nicole and Melody and Aden with Belle. It would probably end up like Joey and Charlie and then it would be awkward.

Also, because Todd and Lincoln are both leaving (Lincoln has already gone),

they probably won't go down that route. One day I hope Home and Away will have another gay couple, and it will turn out right, because Charlie wasn't a lesbian for very long. I'm actually happy with the Aden and Geoff friendship at the moment, because like you said, there aren't enough same sex relationships anymore. Sorry, my post may not make sense, I tend to ramble :)

I get what your talking about here. We all like the idea of having Aden and Geoff together, but it would seem weird after Geoff's relationships with Claudia, Nicole and Melody and Aden with Belle. It would probably end up like Joey and Charlie and then it would be awkward.

Also, because Todd and Lincoln are both leaving (Lincoln has already gone),

they probably won't go down that route. One day I hope Home and Away will have another gay couple, and it will turn out right, because Charlie wasn't a lesbian for very long. I'm actually happy with the Aden and Geoff friendship at the moment, because like you said, there aren't enough same sex relationships anymore. Sorry, my post may not make sense, I tend to ramble :)

Knowing our luck as H&A viewers, they'll probably do it with bloody Jai and Xavier in a few years.

I know this is old conversation, but I'd thought I'd post it anyway...

I don't see how you could possibly comment on that.I don't recall either Linc or Todd ever commenting on ''Gaden''.

Someone said that earlier.

I'm disgruntled Belle and Aden shippers seem to be getting things all their own way. Their cutesy interview, their reunion etc. I was faithful to J&M for 2 years and had so much cr*p to put up with

QUOTE (whispered_envy @ Oct 23 2008, 02:07 PM)

QUOTE (Anaya @ Oct 22 2008, 08:16 PM)

Ah, excellent- that's what I wanted to hear! Now why haven't they done anything about it?!?!

Well the boys practice their lines together; maybe they have private lines too

So I think it's possible Todd and Linc know about Gaden :D That's probably why they are saying things like "Kissed and made up", jokes like that because they know the fans love it :P

I think you're right when you say they put those lines in on purpose,the seem like they can have a laugh and know we'll love it.That totally contradicts what you said earlier about Todd not liking the idea of Gaden though :P .

Loved tonight.Aden to Geoff...''You have five minutes to tell me what's wrong before i smack you over the head''.

Shame Geoff fesssed up,i'd have liked to see it.I love that he still calls him Bible ''Boy'' to,lol.

Edited by ~Lynd~

^^ That totally contradicts what you said earlier about Todd not liking the idea of Gaden though

Knowing and liking are two different things. Todd and Linc know about the gay relationship between Geoff and Aden. They know fans would like them in a gay relationship, however! That doesn't mean that they personally like to be in a gay relationship on the show maybe they'd just prefer to be friends.. Does Todd and Linc write the scripts? They might have a little say in the lines the their characters might get to say, but in the end isn't it the writers/producers choice about what couples make it and don't make it?

Also, just so people know I do like the Gaden coupling so I'm not having a go at them.

Knowing and disliking are two separate things to.I'm not saying that you don't like Gaden,i'm saying you probably shouldn't be saying things about Todd without any proof it's what he thinks.Case over.

The cast don't get a say in storylines but they can add lines here and there which i highly suspect has happened here.IF they had a problem with it they wouldn't play on it.

Knowing and disliking are two separate things to.I'm not saying that you don't like Gaden,i'm saying you probably shouldn't be saying things about Todd without any proof it's what he thinks.Case over.

The cast don't get a say in storylines but they can add lines here and there which i highly suspect has happened here.IF they had a problem with it they wouldn't play on it.

sometimes they do get a say, remember jodi/martha's cancer storyline. the writers called her in to make sure she could do it so soon after her partners death. So yes, sometimes they get a say, but I dont think it really matters, and I think I can speak for the majority that everyone is enjoying the sccenes they are having, whether or not it goes further or develops further is another thing again :)

I thought I heard Todd say in a interview that he knew about Gaden and then I thought I heard Todd say he wasn't too keen on Gaden that's the impression I got. But because I can't remember where I heard this or if I was just imagining it, I can't say it's 100% true. I was simply making a few guesses and putting my opinion out there.... anyway we should move on because it's not that important anymore. I look forward to future scenes with Geoff and Aden.