Angelo Rosetta - Luke Jacobz

doola

Ok so maybe Angelo overreacted with the whole cheating. Who knows? How would you react in a situation like that? You don't know for sure. Maybe there was a damn good reason for it. Aden tries to kill his father and kidnaps innocent people because they got in his way, but hey it's ok, because he uses his abuse as a reason. << That peeves me off. What Aden did was much, much worse, but everyone forgives him, yet what Angelo did was unforgivable.

Not 'everyone' forgives Aden. Read through the thread and you will realise that. And while you are at it theres a nice paragraph on generalizing Skykat put up recently, you should consider reading that as well.

Maybe I should have phrased that better. It was late at night and I was tired. I didn't mean everyone as in fans, I meant Roman, Irene etc. It's like it was all ok what Aden did after his abuse was explained. But Angelo gets cleared of the assault charge and they're still treating him like that bad guy. I wouldn't hold my breath for an apology if I were him.

There's no need for the rude tone Jody. Just sayin' -_-

I like Angelo. He's something different. Of course it isn't a problem that he's totally against Adelle :P When he first arrived, he presented himself as a sweet person who was willing to give a girl special treatment very well aware that he was only going to be second best. He did it with both Charlie and Belle. He comforted Belle when she needed it, he was her solid rock. He was also the only one who thought that Aden deserved a stricter verdict, which he did. And he showed that he wasn't pleased with Aden's verdict and Belle's friendship with Aden. Finally someone who doesn't just accept Adelle and let them be because "they're meant to be". He clearly had feelings for Belle and he wasn't just going to stand back and let Aden ruin his relationship. He was jealous and possesive, with a good reason for it. Belle showed him that she can't be trusted and was willing to use him for her own reasons. He had every reason to be mad and he showed Adelle that "He never forgets. He never forgives". And Adelle doesn't deserve it either. It makes me angry to see people hating him because he's human and responding in a human way. Okay, so what if he's a cop? Does that mean that he has to just be fine with it? Belle used him and cheated on him. Aden provoked him and he responded. That's the kind of character I like. He has his good sides and he has his bad sides.

But with that said, I do think someone should take that gun away from him :P

Couldn't have said it better myself HM. And yes, someone should have taken that gun off him. I can see he's going to get run out of town now.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so maybe Angelo overreacted with the whole cheating. Who knows? How would you react in a situation like that? You don't know for sure. Maybe there was a damn good reason for it. Aden tries to kill his father and kidnaps innocent people because they got in his way, but hey it's ok, because he uses his abuse as a reason. << That peeves me off. What Aden did was much, much worse, but everyone forgives him, yet what Angelo did was unforgivable.

Not 'everyone' forgives Aden. Read through the thread and you will realise that. And while you are at it theres a nice paragraph on generalizing Skykat put up recently, you should consider reading that as well.

Maybe I should have phrased that better. It was late at night and I was tired. I didn't mean everyone as in fans, I meant Roman, Irene etc. It's like it was all ok what Aden did after his abuse was explained. But Angelo gets cleared of the assault charge and they're still treating him like that bad guy. I wouldn't hold my breath for an apology if I were him.

There's no need for the rude tone Jody. Just sayin' -_-

I like Angelo. He's something different. Of course it isn't a problem that he's totally against Adelle :P When he first arrived, he presented himself as a sweet person who was willing to give a girl special treatment very well aware that he was only going to be second best. He did it with both Charlie and Belle. He comforted Belle when she needed it, he was her solid rock. He was also the only one who thought that Aden deserved a stricter verdict, which he did. And he showed that he wasn't pleased with Aden's verdict and Belle's friendship with Aden. Finally someone who doesn't just accept Adelle and let them be because "they're meant to be". He clearly had feelings for Belle and he wasn't just going to stand back and let Aden ruin his relationship. He was jealous and possesive, with a good reason for it. Belle showed him that she can't be trusted and was willing to use him for her own reasons. He had every reason to be mad and he showed Adelle that "He never forgets. He never forgives". And Adelle doesn't deserve it either. It makes me angry to see people hating him because he's human and responding in a human way. Okay, so what if he's a cop? Does that mean that he has to just be fine with it? Belle used him and cheated on him. Aden provoked him and he responded. That's the kind of character I like. He has his good sides and he has his bad sides.

But with that said, I do think someone should take that gun away from him :P

Couldn't have said it better myself HM. And yes, someone should have taken that gun off him. I can see he's going to get run out of town now.

Yeah I can see him getting run out of town as well :( Which he really doesnt deserve.He never set out to hurt Jack now did he in all fairness!!

I dont think he is bad at all to be honest he has just been treated badly by everyone in town and lashed out .

It just annoys me that everyone in the town always act as if they are whiiter than white when really they are anything but that.

Everyone thinks the sun shines out of Aden's backside when he tried to kill his father and kidnapped Rachel on her WEDDING DAY!! He was totally mean to lots of people as well.When Miles started working at the school he told Muiles he saw half a hamburger in the bin.That was just plain nasty and he used always try and goad Geoff every chance he got but he got a good old punch in the mouth and a very strict telling off from Sally.

But when Angelo gets treated like absolute cr** by Belle and Aden he gets a little angry and then everyone hates him.They should all look in the mirror at themselves

Ok, when Aden said that to Miles, he was rejecting anyone who cares, because his granddad was supposed to have cared and you know what he did to him. You are referring to the Aden that existed so long go, some elements of that Aden may still exist now, as old habits die hard. Anyways I think we have gone way off topic.

My biggest gripe with Angelo is not the fact that he felt hurt and humiliated by Belle's infidelity (I think anyone would!), and he felt he had to lash out in some way, but the fact that he abused his position as a police officer to do so, to obtain Belle's phone records.

Along with this, he now has a growing list of blatent abuses of power that are starting to make Jack look like a competent cop! :wink:

1-Getting Murray's address for Belle (I really did not like Belle during this episode!)

2-Pushing Belle's agenda with the medical records access with Fitzy

3-Getting drunk in his uniform.

4-Not allowing Aden to reschedule his community service even though the courts had granted permission for this to be accomadated.

5-Switching the developers soil samples.

(Seriously time to take that gun off him! :lol: )

Finally someone who doesn't just accept Adelle and let them be because "they're meant to be".

Just to point out with this comment, I think it was shown numerous times that Irene had grave reservations about the Adelle relationship. Even Belle's reluctance to reveal the relationship to Irene was stressed quite a lot. Also to a lesser extent, Geoff and Annie's initial non-acceptance was demonstrated also.

Anyway, getting back to Angelo, I didn't like his goody-two-shoes persona when he first arrived in SB, but now that we have been shown a darker, and a more human side to him I'm hoping that he sticks around for quite a while.

I'm looking forward to seeing his reaction to the Jack shooting, and also hoping that his relationship with Charlie will be developed further as I think I could quite easily like that pairing a lot.

My biggest gripe with Angelo is not the fact that he felt hurt and humiliated by Belle's infidelity (I think anyone would!), and he felt he had to lash out in some way, but the fact that he abused his position as a police officer to do so, to obtain Belle's phone records.

Along with this, he now has a growing list of blatent abuses of power that are starting to make Jack look like a competent cop! :wink:

1-Getting Murray's address for Belle (I really did not like Belle during this episode!)

2-Pushing Belle's agenda with the medical records access with Fitzy

3-Getting drunk in his uniform.

4-Not allowing Aden to reschedule his community service even though the courts had granted permission for this to be accomadated.

5-Switching the developers soil samples.

I don't agree with him using his position as a Police Officer to obtain Belle's phone records, but I really don't care either. She gave him no reason to trust him. Whatever.

Just pointing those out above, it seems that it's alright for Belle to push this agenda and bully people (ie, Angelo and Rachel) to risk their jobs and give her that information. But Angelo using his power to do this is wrong? I've read people defending Belle saying that people were dying etc, but the same doesn't apply to Angelo? I'm not saying you were defending her, just wanted to point that out.

4 - It really annoys me how people think Angelo is the bad guy for this. Aden was in the wrong. Aden tried to kill his father and kidnapped two people. I don't care what his reasons were. The fact is he waited until the morning of his first community service before he decided he needed it changed. He would have known in advance when both his exams and community service would occur, but he chose the last minute to do something about it. I don't see why he should have gotten special consideration anyway.

Just pointing those out above, it seems that it's alright for Belle to push this agenda and bully people (ie, Angelo and Rachel) to risk their jobs and give her that information. But Angelo using his power to do this is wrong? I've read people defending Belle saying that people were dying etc, but the same doesn't apply to Angelo? I'm not saying you were defending her, just wanted to point that out.

Oh no! I totally agree with you there. Belle was really wrong to push Angelo into getting that information for her. She treated him really harshly just because he wouldn't do it for her, and I was really ticked off at Belle during that whole period. Angelo was an idiot to fall for it.

The same with Rachel where she tried the same thing in order to get the cancer patients names. I know Belle is headstrong and passionate, but I think these were two examples where she took it too far. Putting other people's careers (and lives) in jeopardy is not on.

The fact is he waited until the morning of his first community service before he decided he needed it changed. He would have known in advance when both his exams and community service would occur, but he chose the last minute to do something about it. I don't see why he should have gotten special consideration anyway.

I have to kind of agree with you here also. It was stupid that Aden left it until the last minute to change the community service. But whatever.

If the courts had granted him prior permission to change it, then it wasn't really up to Angelo to refuse him point blank.

I could never really understand why Aden didn't just ask another cop at the station after Angelo's refusal...I think even Charlie walked in at the end of that scene if I remember rightly!

No one told Angelo to not be fine with being cheated on, Belle and Aden knew that his reaction would be to be angry and upset there wasn't going to be no ifs or buts about it. What i don't understand about Angelo is that hes a police officer who in summerbay probably deals with family arguments, violent outbursts etc yet by dealing with these issues and probably trying to solve these issues he turns around and becomes exactly these kind of people. To me thats a contradiction of what he's meant to be, a cop. Yes hes human, as you have all pointed out, but I don't ever recall anyone saying that Belle and Adens actions were justified as being right at all.

And to be honest if you are jealous and possessive that early on in your relationship (Angelo i mean) then there is clearly something wrong with you. He was cheated on and like any human he reacted, but i don't know any normal person who would go out and make your life a living hell, and the ones that i do know that do that are usually the ones i see on my crime and investigation channel! They're usually the psychotic ones :P

PEACE

Talk about twisting the truth (no offense)! :P Angelo was not possesive and jealous in the beginning. He only became that when Belle's behaviour and attitude towards him changed. She was being snappy, b*tchy and demanding, while being overly friendly with Aden. Of course Angelo would suspect that there was something going on between them behind his back, but with no proof, he decided just to be extra observant around them. The longer time it went, the more sure he became that they were having an affair behind his back. But he still had no proof. And when it first started, they weren't having an affair, but Belle was starting to doubt her relationship with Angelo. Then he got proof in the worst possible way. He walked in on them kissing, and probably also assumed that it had been going on for a while. But, instead of running in and yelling at them and acting like an idiot, he leaves. He has that much self-control. And when the town-meeting started, it was clear that Angelo wasn't going to say anything there. But then of course, Aden had to open that big mouth of his. He basically called Angelo an idiot. Now, who is expecting Angelo just to stay calm now? Aden is rubbing it in when the wound is still fresh, so Angelo responds. Maybe not the most clever thing to do, which it seems like he gets, considering he leaves instead of continuing to humiliate Aden. Then Aden continues to be an idiot and runs after him. Very bad idea. Angelo is hurt and then Aden comes after him, demanding him to apologize? Aden can be very glad that Angelo has enough self-control not to beat the crap out of him. The worst part is that everyone, except Charlie, was on Adelle's side. <_< I can't remember anyone telling them that they'd been acting like a pair of idiots.

But it doesn't end there. Belle and Aden are still rubbing his nose in it, and he makes it crystal clear that he isn't going to let this one go. But he's not 100 % bad (or 100 % good, which is why he doesn't let them be), so he doesn't physically hurt either one of them, just emotionally. But I think he felt that he was hurting the wrong person (I think, I don't know). I think he was angry with Aden, but merely disappointed with Belle. Until she wished that she never had laid eyes on him. I think that's when he went from being angry with just Aden to being angry with the both of them. Now, this is only the way I see it, I don't know if it's the way the writers intended us to see it.

Finally someone who doesn't just accept Adelle and let them be because "they're meant to be".

Just to point out with this comment, I think it was shown numerous times that Irene had grave reservations about the Adelle relationship. Even Belle's reluctance to reveal the relationship to Irene was stressed quite a lot. Also to a lesser extent, Geoff and Annie's initial non-acceptance was demonstrated also.

Just to reply to this, Irene might not have been their biggest fan, but it was simply because she was afraid that Belle was going to get hurt. I don't recall her trying to get between them. She let them deal with their own relationship, allowing Belle to make her own decisions. If she was so against the relationship, she wouldn't have let Belle be with him in the first place, and she definitely wouldn't have been so calm when she found out that Belle had cheated on Angelo with Aden. At least that's the way I see it :)

What bugs me is the way Angelo seems to be copping flack for no worse than anything Aden and Belle have done.

Angelo revealed their affair in public > Belle did that to Amanda when she found out she slept with Drew. When someone is hurt by someone they care about I think it's understandable that preserving their dignity or maintaining tact is not at the top of their list.

Angelo through a chair at the wall. Not Belle. The wall. No I don't think it's ok to scare people like that but I also don't think he ever had any intention of physically hurting her. And I don't think it's ok to push people to limits that Angelo was pushed. If he wanted to hurt her he could have. He didn't. I'm not going to compare that to Aden trying to kill his dad either because that is a completely different situation and the circumstances provoking that were a lot more complex. I will compare it though to Aden beating Axel within two inches of his life. Angelo throws a chair AWAY from Belle and Aden beats his best friend unconcious but Angelo gets tagged the horrible violent one?

Then there is Angelo being "sleazy." As far as I'm aware all he ever did was banter playfully with Belle and with Charlie when they both decided to make him aware they were single. He never took himself seriously and it was basically exactly the same way Aden flirted with Belle- pretending to be full of himself.

He is a s**t cop- that I have no doubt about, it seems to come with the territory in SB. But he's supposedly horrible one minute for tapping into her phone records but it was perfectly fine when she asked him to break the rules for her cause. The cheating aside the way she treated him was horrible- the lying, the using and the snapping at him when he was only trying to help her.

And I remember reading somewhere that Angelo musn't be that upset because he was going out with Charlie five minutes later. Well if you forgo that conclusion then Belle musn't have been that upset for going out with Angelo five minutes after Aden.

The only time I ever remember Angelo "harrasing" Belle was in the diner when SHE went up to him first to have a go at him about Aden and Leah unfairly kicked him out. And despite all that when the gunman tried to kill them he put his life on the line to save her (cop or not) that doesn't sound like the behaviour of someone with no redeeming qualities.

I love Aden. I like Belle. And I really like Angelo. I don't think anything in the entire situation is black and white and I can defintiely see similar behaviour patterns and flaws between all three characters.

Edited by Jamey-Maria

What bugs me is the way Angelo seems to be copping flack for no worse than anything Aden and Belle have done.

Angelo revealed their affair in public > Belle did that to Amanda when she found out she slept with Drew. When someone is hurt by someone they care about I think it's understandable that preserving their dignity or maintaining tact is not at the top of their list.

Angelo through a chair at the wall. Not Belle. The wall. No I don't think it's ok to scare people like that but I also don't think he ever had any intention of physically hurting her. And I don't think it's ok to push people to limits that Angelo was pushed. If he wanted to hurt her he could have. He didn't. I'm not going to compare that to Aden trying to kill his dad either because that is a completely different situation and the circumstances provoking that were a lot more complex. I will compare it though to Aden beating Axel within two inches of his life. Angelo throws a chair AWAY from Belle and Aden beats his best friend unconcious but Angelo gets tagged the horrible violent one?

Then there is Angelo being "sleazy." As far as I'm aware all he ever did was banter playfully with Belle and with Charlie when they both decided to make him aware they were single. He never took himself seriously and it was basically exactly the same way Aden flirted with Belle- pretending to be full of himself.

He is a s**t cop- that I have no doubt about, it seems to come with the territory in SB. But he's supposedly horrible one minute for tapping into her phone records but it was perfectly fine when she asked him to break the rules for her cause. The cheating aside the way she treated him was horrible- the lying, the using and the snapping at him when he was only trying to help her.

And I remember reading somewhere that Angelo musn't be that upset because he was going out with Charlie five minutes later. Well if you forgo that conclusion then Belle musn't have been that upset for going out with Angelo five minutes after Aden.

The only time I ever remember Angelo "harrasing" Belle was in the diner when SHE went up to him first to have a go at him about Aden and Leah unfairly kicked him out. And despite all that when the gunman tried to kill them he put his life on the line to save her (cop or not) that doesn't sound like the behaviour of someone with no redeeming qualities.

I love Aden. I like Belle. And I really like Angelo. I don't think anything in the entire situation is black and white and I can defintiely see similar behaviour patterns and flaws between all three characters.

hmmmm i gotta say, this is a very balanced argument! Well done, as much as it PAINS me to say :P , i think im actually agreeing with you :huh: that still doesn't make me a fan of Angelo :D , but you bring up some very good points :D ... But in saying that BELLE STILL ROCKS MY SOCKS :cool: