Angelo Rosetta - Luke Jacobz

doola

Angelo, when he first came onto the show, he was exactly what HAA needed, I lighthearted and funny character with no hidden agenda. But then they turned him into what he as become now and I can't like anything about him at all.

A list of all his done.

Acting like a possessive jerk(before the cheating mind you), using his job to access someone personal phone records, threatening them at every turn, 'I'm a sore loser', using his job to jeopardising a teens future and being smug about, showing up somewhere to agitate someone, harrassment, more threats, blowing up, over someone complaining about that behaviour(not even officially complaining though) and barging into someones home, screaming at them, throwing furniture in their direction, then leaning even closer to them and threatening to get them if they ever complain about him again, punching a wall on the way out, and shoving someone else for the sake of it. Is it any wonder when he was accused of beating Belle up people weren't lining up to defend him? Broke the law by messing with the results of the soil test and helping the developers get away with putting lives in danger for a chance at saving his own neck, put Nobby's life in jeopardy without proper police back up to protect him, when Jack got suspicious uses his thing with Charlie to his own advantage and again be smug about.

But apparently because he was cheated on and got accused of an assault he didn't do, that makes all his actions okay. That doesn't condone this kind of behaviour, and neither does the fact that he was nice to Charlie and Belle.

There might be hope for me to like Angelo again but the writers would have to do somethig amazing for that to happen.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so maybe Angelo overreacted with the whole cheating. Who knows? How would you react in a situation like that? You don't know for sure. Maybe there was a damn good reason for it. Aden tries to kill his father and kidnaps innocent people because they got in his way, but hey it's ok, because he uses his abuse as a reason. << That peeves me off. What Aden did was much, much worse, but everyone forgives him, yet what Angelo did was unforgivable.

Ok so maybe Angelo overreacted with the whole cheating. Who knows? How would you react in a situation like that? You don't know for sure. Maybe there was a damn good reason for it. Aden tries to kill his father and kidnaps innocent people because they got in his way, but hey it's ok, because he uses his abuse as a reason. << That peeves me off. What Aden did was much, much worse, but everyone forgives him, yet what Angelo did was unforgivable.

I have to disagree with you on this. Aden had a breakdown as a consequence of him having found out that Larry was also abused as a child. Finding out that your girlfriend has cheated on you is not in my view the same as finding out your own father has willingly left you in the company of a child abuser.

Of course what Aden did was wrong (but I should discuss this in his thread, not in this one, so I'm stopping here) and of course Angelo had every right to be angry but I still think he over-reacted and definitely abused his position.

I found Angelo very boring when he first arrived. He was just too clean-cut and trying too hard to impress. I find him more interesting now that he does have some kind of storyline with his development site involvement. I must say he did not act very smart when he decided to try and nail the developers all by himself. I however don't believe it was Angelo who shot Jack. I'm sure there was another shot before Angelo shooted and I must admit I felt so sorry for him when he stumbled upon Jack's body!

Angelo has definitely potential as a character (and Luke is a good actor when given the chance to act like we've seen in the last couple of weeks - not when he was just the obviously-destined-to-lose member of a love triangle) so I hope they prove his innocence and give him some interesting storylines in 2009.

P.S. I also think he just was not meant to be with Belle - irrespective of whether there was an Aden or not.

I don't know how I would react but I do know that treatenning people and harrassing them would not be it. Especially if I was a cop.

Not 'everyone' forgives Aden. Read through the thread and you will realise that. And while you are at it theres a nice paragraph on generalizing Skykat put up recently, you should consider reading that as well.

I like to look at the actions of the characters seperately and not compare them to others. It's not a competition on who did the worse. Just because I find Adens actions justifiable doesn't mean that I should also Ahgelo's as well. It's just that to me, ones reasons was more justifiable then the others.

And I won't discuss why I find Aden's reason to be justifiable since this is not an Aden thread. So I'll leave discussion of him for the appropiate thread.

Maybe there is a damn good reason for it.

> Thats the thing I don't know if there is. So until I know otherwise I am going to judge his actions based on the facts we've been given. And if we are given more I'll be willing to take that too into consideration.

My only reason for replying to this is because you either specifially asked me a question or whether you meant that in general I was not sure, so I decided to give you an answer anyway to 'How would you react?'

Edited by Jody

But apparently because he was cheated on and got accused of an assault he didn't do, that makes all his actions okay.

And while you are at it theres a nice paragraph on generalizing Skykat put up recently, you should consider reading that as well.

Maybe both of you should consider reading the post by Kat about generalizing?

I really disliked Angelo when he was cheery, flirty, and sleezy. I just found him boring. But when Belle used him and then cheated on him, I felt sorry for the guy. I can understand that seeing his girlfriend with her ex-boyfriend could be upsetting. I don't know about any other guy, but if I saw my girlfriend with her ex, I would lose all my confidence and I'd start to think "Am I doing it right? Am I not a good boyfriend? Is she bored of me already that she feels the need to run off to her ex? How long has this been going on for? If she was unhappy, why didn't she tell me?"

That said, he lost his temper and that was not cool. I can understand his anger to an extent, but maybe there is something about Angelo that we don't know? Maybe a wife that ditched him for another guy and the same thing with Belle just pushed him over the edge? I hope it's something like that, because if he just has an unexplained anger issue, then that'd be crap.

There's no need for the rude tone Jody. Just sayin' -_-

I like Angelo. He's something different. Of course it isn't a problem that he's totally against Adelle :P When he first arrived, he presented himself as a sweet person who was willing to give a girl special treatment very well aware that he was only going to be second best. He did it with both Charlie and Belle. He comforted Belle when she needed it, he was her solid rock. He was also the only one who thought that Aden deserved a stricter verdict, which he did. And he showed that he wasn't pleased with Aden's verdict and Belle's friendship with Aden. Finally someone who doesn't just accept Adelle and let them be because "they're meant to be". He clearly had feelings for Belle and he wasn't just going to stand back and let Aden ruin his relationship. He was jealous and possesive, with a good reason for it. Belle showed him that she can't be trusted and was willing to use him for her own reasons. He had every reason to be mad and he showed Adelle that "He never forgets. He never forgives". And Adelle doesn't deserve it either. It makes me angry to see people hating him because he's human and responding in a human way. Okay, so what if he's a cop? Does that mean that he has to just be fine with it? Belle used him and cheated on him. Aden provoked him and he responded. That's the kind of character I like. He has his good sides and he has his bad sides.

But with that said, I do think someone should take that gun away from him :P

I like Angelo. He's something different. Of course it isn't a problem that he's totally against Adelle :P When he first arrived, he presented himself as a sweet person who was willing to give a girl special treatment very well aware that he was only going to be second best. He did it with both Charlie and Belle. He comforted Belle when she needed it, he was her solid rock. He was also the only one who thought that Aden deserved a stricter verdict, which he did. And he showed that he wasn't pleased with Aden's verdict and Belle's friendship with Aden. Finally someone who doesn't just accept Adelle and let them be because "they're meant to be". He clearly had feelings for Belle and he wasn't just going to stand back and let Aden ruin his relationship. He was jealous and possesive, with a good reason for it. Belle showed him that she can't be trusted and was willing to use him for her own reasons. He had every reason to be mad and he showed Adelle that "He never forgets. He never forgives". And Adelle doesn't deserve it either. It makes me angry to see people hating him because he's human and responding in a human way. Okay, so what if he's a cop? Does that mean that he has to just be fine with it? Belle used him and cheated on him. Aden provoked him and he responded. That's the kind of character I like. He has his good sides and he has his bad sides.

But with that said, I do think someone should take that gun away from him :P

You know what valli I couldnt have said it better myself. :)

You described Angelo to an absolute tee and I know how you mean about being hated because he acted like any other human being would in his situation.He was hardly going to go and have tea and biscuits with Aden and Belle no he was going to be angry and express his anger.The worst part is that Angelo was treated like the one in the wrong when he outed Aden and Belle's affair by the whole town which was completely unfair. :angry:

I like him as a character like you said that he is not one sided and he is a very complex character.I would be very sad to see him go

Edited by sexyluc

But with that said, I do think someone should take that gun away from him

You know what valli I couldnt have said it better myself.

You described Angelo to an absolute tee and I know how you mean about being hated because he acted like any other human being would in his situation.He was hardly going to go and have tea and biscuits with Aden and Belle no he was going to be angry and express his anger.The worst part is that Angelo was treated like the one in the wrong when he outed Aden and Belle's affair by the whole town which was completely unfair. :angry:

I like him as a character like you said that he is not one sided and he is a very complex character.I would be very sad to see him go

No one told Angelo to not be fine with being cheated on, Belle and Aden knew that his reaction would be to be angry and upset there wasn't going to be no ifs or buts about it. What i don't understand about Angelo is that hes a police officer who in summerbay probably deals with family arguments, violent outbursts etc yet by dealing with these issues and probably trying to solve these issues he turns around and becomes exactly these kind of people. To me thats a contradiction of what he's meant to be, a cop. Yes hes human, as you have all pointed out, but I don't ever recall anyone saying that Belle and Adens actions were justified as being right at all.

And to be honest if you are jealous and possessive that early on in your relationship (Angelo i mean) then there is clearly something wrong with you. He was cheated on and like any human he reacted, but i don't know any normal person who would go out and make your life a living hell, and the ones that i do know that do that are usually the ones i see on my crime and investigation channel! They're usually the psychotic ones :P

PEACE

Angelo has his good points and his bad points, he is a complex character and myself being a JM and Adelle fan feel torn in whether I should like him or not but having said that, he is a great character.

That is why I like him. He is not 100% good but he ain't 100% bad either, which always makes a good character! I really do hope they keep Angelo on the show because I would like to see a friendship form again with Belle.