Angelo Rosetta - Luke Jacobz

doola

I like the way the writers have have taken the character of Angelo this year so far, especially since they have brought him back. I recently re-watched the episodes where the holden family arrived in summerbay and was surprised to notice that Angelo is in the same situation as what Jack was in back then. Jack shot a teenage girl in self-defence and ended up killing her and he was a cop at the time, what surprises me most is that once the real story got out he was welcomed with open arms but this is not the case for Angelo. He is not so easily forgiven. In the earlier episodes Tony said he was proud of the choice his son made as he wouldnt have wanted the girl to kill jack so I find it abit odd that he wouldnt be more understanding of Angelo and the fact that it was self-defence and that it cant have been easy for him to come back and that he too has to live with what happened as he said he saw Jack go through that everyday and it tore him apart watching him suffer.
Uh, you can hardly compare Angelo shooting Jack to Jack shooting the girl.

1. It's been a while since I saw the eps but I think I recall that the girl was actually pointing a gun at Jack and he had no choice but to shoot, he was also on duty at the time. Unlike Angelo who was creeping around off duty, due to his already illegal activities, and shouldn't have even been carrying his gun, let alone firing it blindly into the darkness. 2. Jack stuck around and accepted the punishment for his actions. While Angelo tried to cover it up, left Jack there to be found by Tony and lied to his grieving family and friends while they cried on his shoulder. It's more than just the shooting that they're upset about, it's the deception and the fact that he got off scott free.

They're well within their rights to hate him, imo.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the way the writers have have taken the character of Angelo this year so far, especially since they have brought him back. I recently re-watched the episodes where the holden family arrived in summerbay and was surprised to notice that Angelo is in the same situation as what Jack was in back then. Jack shot a teenage girl in self-defence and ended up killing her and he was a cop at the time, what surprises me most is that once the real story got out he was welcomed with open arms but this is not the case for Angelo. He is not so easily forgiven. In the earlier episodes Tony said he was proud of the choice his son made as he wouldnt have wanted the girl to kill jack so I find it abit odd that he wouldnt be more understanding of Angelo and the fact that it was self-defence and that it cant have been easy for him to come back and that he too has to live with what happened as he said he saw Jack go through that everyday and it tore him apart watching him suffer.

ramble and rant over now :)

I agree and it has bothered me all along. It left a hole in the storyline I felt that no reference was ever made to Jack's situation in comparison to Angelo's. I would have liked if Tony had tried to reconcile the two situations somehow.

Angelo is guilty of killing Jack. Why did Angelo leave Jack's body there? Why lie about it for weeks.

Now Angelo is going after Hugo. Why?

Angelo has coursed nothing but more grief since he has come back.

Not so for Charlie (or May so far as she is aware anyway :lol: ). Also I'd say his bosses have found him to be very good in his job since he got back. :wink:

I love Angelo, but then I am always a campaigner for the underdog - I'm drawn towards them and drawn away from the pitch-fork mob mentality in situations like this.

Edited by Mistified

1. It's been a while since I saw the eps but I think I recall that the girl was actually pointing a gun at Jack and he had no choice but to shoot, he was also on duty at the time. Unlike Angelo who was creeping around off duty, due to his already illegal activities, and shouldn't have even been carrying his gun, let alone firing it blindly into the darkness. 2. Jack stuck around and accepted the punishment for his actions. While Angelo tried to cover it up, left Jack there to be found by Tony and lied to his grieving family and friends while they cried on his shoulder. It's more than just the shooting that they're upset about, it's the deception and the fact that he got off scott free.

Maybe, but at least he's trying his best to make up for that mistake.

ramble and rant over now :)

I agree and it has bothered me all along. It left a hole in the storyline I felt that no reference was ever made to Jack's situation in comparison to Angelo's. I would have liked if Tony had tried to reconcile the two situations somehow.

Yeh i think it would have been good to have seen Tony make that connection as well especially after the whole trying to kill him thing. It would have also given them the chance to talk about what happened more in depth. I feel it would have wrapped the story up nicely.

I never said i thought Angelo did the right thing he just got in over his head and panicked and the longer he lied about it the harder it was. But of course that is my opinion and everyone has different opinions especially when it comes to Angelo

I agree luckyrabbit !!

Angelo is gutless , as he left Jack and ran away from what he had done whereas Jack stuck around and faced the music like the decent man that he was.

I think what people forget or choose to overlook is that, although he didn't behave as well as he should do in the immediate aftermath, Angelo did basically confess.You could argue that Tony beat it out of him but from where I was sitting, Angelo owned up to what he did and he didn't have to, they didn't have any real evidence against him.He has faced up to the consequences of his actions in my mind.