Angelo Rosetta - Luke Jacobz

doola

If he's trying to make amends for what happened with Jack, then the Irene/Belle arrest is certainly not going to win him any admirers.

But he had to arrest them, all the evidence suggested that Irene was the guilty party, it would have unprofessional and weak of him to let her go just so people would warm towards him. And regarding Belle, he had every right to arrest her, I mean she hit a police officer in a police station in full view of everyone because she didn't like the way he was doing his job. Imagine for a second that Aden had hit Charlie because he didn't like the way she was doing hers, I'm pretty sure most people would want him locked up.

I agree, once again Angelo's made out to be the bad guy when Belle was the one in the wrong.It's practically a way of life for the poor bloke.If that had been any other officer Belle had attacked, they'd have thrown the book at her and rightly so.But Angelo apparently isn't entitled to the same rights as everyone else.

(By the way, on the subject of Angelo running away after killing Jack:Yes, he did and yes, it was wrong. But it's interesting to note that he then went straight out and saved Martha's life.I can't help wondering what would have happened if he'd stayed at the development site and done the right thing: Would she have already known Jack was dead and not gone looking for him or would she have been stuck in there with no-one to play the hero and half the police tied up with Jack's death?Not an excuse, just an observation.)

Edited by Red Ranger 1

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's trying to make amends for what happened with Jack, then the Irene/Belle arrest is certainly not going to win him any admirers.

But he had to arrest them, all the evidence suggested that Irene was the guilty party, it would have unprofessional and weak of him to let her go just so people would warm towards him. And regarding Belle, he had every right to arrest her, I mean she hit a police officer in a police station in full view of everyone because she didn't like the way he was doing his job. Imagine for a second that Aden had hit Charlie because he didn't like the way she was doing hers, I'm pretty sure most people would want him locked up.

I agree, once again Angelo's made out to be the bad guy when Belle was the one in the wrong.It's practically a way of life for the poor bloke.If that had been any other officer Belle had attacked, they'd have thrown the book at her and rightly so.But Angelo apparently isn't entitled to the same rights as everyone else.

(By the way, on the subject of Angelo running away after killing Jack:Yes, he did and yes, it was wrong. But it's interesting to note that he then went straight out and saved Martha's life.I can't help wondering what would have happened if he'd stayed at the development site and done the right thing: Would she have already known Jack was dead and not gone looking for him or would she have been stuck in there with no-one to play the hero and half the police tied up with Jack's death?Not an excuse, just an observation.)

I think she would've been at the hospital instead of going back to the formal. when an accident happens they're supposed to call the family immediately or Angelo could've let them know.

He still had time to take a shower and get changed. I don't know if Jack was dead instantly but Martha stuck in the fire at the formal wasn't fate.

Still..can't blame him you know, he was in shock. It would be harder if i knew Jack could've been saved if Angelo had called for help.

• 3 weeks later...

I know, it's a classic example of the pack mentality in this town.They just all turn on someone en masse.It's happened to him time and time again.No-one cared that Belle cheated on him, they all just rallied round her and bought her chocolates while she sat in her room acting like she was the victim. Then everyone, from the police downward, decided he beat her up purely on Aden's say-so.And now they've all just decided he's a cold-blooded killer who's going to rot in hell.Sorry to keep bringing this up because I know I sound obsessed but Aden takes two of their friends hostage and tries to murder a man and they roll out the welcome mat for him when he comes back and buy him celebratory drinks when he gets away with it.Angelo shoots someone by accident, shows genuine remorse and, however belatedly, turns himself in and when he comes back they all look like they want to string him up.He's probably one of the most mistreated characters in the show's history.

Totally agree and that whole Belle and Aden thing aggravated me it was so unfair how he was treated. Also Martha needs to get over herself, Angelo is innocentttttt and he's a lovely guy who jus happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time

Edited by AmerieM

• 2 weeks later...

I have been liking Angelo more and more the past few weeks and his intereaction with May in the diners in todays Five episode just made me smile. I think that Angelo has paid his dues and deserves to be forgiven maybe not by Martha or Tony as it seems but the rest of town seem to be allowing him to live his life. His 'involvement' in Jack's death will always follow him but it isnt like he can be proven to be Jack's killer. The only thing thats bugging me is that he is so oblivious to how Tony really feels but maybe thats because he is hiding it really well but despite that I am liking Angelo more and more and he seems to have got past the animosity and he is doing his job as a professional.

Angelo should of stayed away. I do admire the way that he did go out of his way to prove Irene's innocence.

But it's not exactly like he had a choice - he was sent to the Bay on work, and naturally his commanding chief must have been aware of his past experiences / troubles / events in the Bay, yet still sent him there. Finding himself with the option of refusing to go, and probably being put on suspension / removed from the force, or just going - I admire Angelo for returning to where his ghosts lay however I still feel it was very bad form for the writers to have him being in the Diner / Surf Club / regular food haunts quite so much.

It's not like he couldn't make coffee at home and bring it in a flask, rather than getting one to go etc - and that was causing needless run-ins and grief for the locals of the bay.

However, I'm loving the Angelo storyline at the moment and,

bring on the kiss!

- he seems to be 'settling' back in now, although I'd like to see a new scene with

Angelo and Tony; now that Tony's had his moment of insanity

just to see what the atmosphere is truly like.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the way the writers have have taken the character of Angelo this year so far, especially since they have brought him back. I recently re-watched the episodes where the holden family arrived in summerbay and was surprised to notice that Angelo is in the same situation as what Jack was in back then. Jack shot a teenage girl in self-defence and ended up killing her and he was a cop at the time, what surprises me most is that once the real story got out he was welcomed with open arms but this is not the case for Angelo. He is not so easily forgiven. In the earlier episodes Tony said he was proud of the choice his son made as he wouldnt have wanted the girl to kill jack so I find it abit odd that he wouldnt be more understanding of Angelo and the fact that it was self-defence and that it cant have been easy for him to come back and that he too has to live with what happened as he said he saw Jack go through that everyday and it tore him apart watching him suffer.

ramble and rant over now :)